The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile..in Los Angeles
ben-simmons-brick.gif

A league source said the Minnesota Timberwolves, Indiana Pacers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors and San Antonio Spurs are still inquiring about Simmons’ availability.

Sources believe the Sixers were asking for too much while waiting to see if Portland Trail Blazers All-Star point guard Damian Lillard or Washington Wizards All-Star shooting guard Bradley Beal would become available. One source said Paul attempted to help the Sixers get five players back via a three-team trade. However, that died because of Philly’s steep demands.

The 2020-21 NBA season was the most difficult for Simmons, a source says.

Before the season, Simmons thought he would be traded for Harden.

In fact, he was so sure he would be dealt that he went house shopping in Houston. A source said the Simmons camp was even informed by someone in the team that he more than likely would be moved.

“We realized this move was a result of putting all the eggs in Embiid’s basket,” one source said.

Sources believe that Morey was never fully comfortable with Simmons at point guard. A team official refuted the notion that Morey didn’t like Simmons’ game. But other sources said Simmons noticed how Morey reacted during games when displeased with something the player did.

After the series with Atlanta, Simmons informed Paul that he wanted a change of scenery. Paul then told Morey two days later. Then the agent informed Sixers brass in person during a private meeting at the NBA draft combine in Chicago of Simmons’ intent.

In that meeting, a source said Paul told the Sixers that arming them with ample time to find a deal was Simmons’ wish. The source added Paul wasn’t demanding or threatening anything, simply informing them of Simmons’ decision. Paul told the team administrators to stop asking Simmons to be something he’s not and focus on what he’s telling them.

Paul told them, “He’s telling you that ‘I’m not coming to Philadelphia. My time as a 76er is done.’”

The Sixers asked why Simmons wanted out, and Paul informed them that the point guard was mentally exhausted. The source believes they didn’t pay attention to Simmons’ state of mind or feelings about being in Philly because of the four years remaining on his contract.

“The icing on the cake came when Ben told the Sixers brass face-to-face during their August meeting in Los Angeles,” a source said. “He doesn’t have anything personal against Embiid. He also appreciated managing partner Josh Harris, co-managing partner David Blitzer and the organization and what they’ve done. But at the same time, it’s run its course.”

Clippers are way too high without Kawhi.

I also think the Hornets are gonna be better than the Bulls.

Like his reading ability, or lack there off, I'm convinced Bron didn't watch this.

I’m questioning alot of people’s intelligence now

Granted I did that before, especially the last few years.. but with this, if you’re willing to put your stupidity on display for the world why shouldn’t I question your intelligence?
I ain't never question these dudes intelligence. Some either left straight out of high school, most left after 1 year of college, and very few actually did 4 years, got a degree, or went back later in life. The media knows what its doing, getting hot takes for the lulz.

Like his reading ability, or lack there off, I'm convinced Bron didn't watch this.

I ain't never question these dudes intelligence. Some either left straight out of high school, most left after 1 year of college, and very few actually did 4 years, got a degree, or went back later in life. The media knows what its doing, getting hot takes for the lulz.

U think anyone who didn't go to college is of lesser intelligence? You don't know any idiots with a degree?

U think anyone who didn't go to college is of lesser intelligence? You don't know any idiots with a degree?

Someone in here said the same thing yesterday about that Draymond clip...and the irony is he did in fact finish school and has a degree in Communication

Getting "this is what happens when you don't go to school" takes off are apparently OK when it comes to the vaccine I guess :lol::smh:.

Right. I’m almost certain a lot of the whites who are on the anti vaxx crusade have degrees

The same folks who are retweeting draymonds interview and applauding it

Someone in here said the same thing yesterday about that Draymond clip...and the irony is he did in fact finish school and has a degree in Communication

Getting "this is what happens when you don't go to school" takes off are apparently OK when it comes to the vaccine I guess :lol::smh:.
Yea and even on the contrary lebron who never went to college is way sharper than most

Right. I’m almost certain a lot of the whites who are on the anti vaxx crusade have degrees

The same folks who are retweeting draymonds interview and applauding it
I’ve learned a while ago that just because you “have” a degree doesn’t mean you actually “earned” it

I missed this from the comments in the tweet I posted.

I had no idea Gandolfini played his character to bring in LeBron. He wouldn’t play that character for anyone. Must have been a huge basketball fan.

Also, I guess Tony did have the makings of a Varsity athlete :lol:

1633201884722.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Draymond take is bad, Bron agreeing with it is bad, but I believe it has nothing to do with their education levels.

Like Jamelle Bouie said in the tweet I posted, a lot of people of all different backgrounds have a very poor framework of how they think of "freedom" and that leads to some really bad takes concerning the vaccine.

It can be worse among highly educated people too. I know people with Ph.ds that believe dumb **** about Covid and the vaccines. These people are also brilliant in their fields. A smart high educated person that adopts a bad mental framework can tied themselves in knots convincing themselves of something that is in reality really really dumb. On the flip side, I know HS dropouts whose routinely have sound takes on things, and that raced to get the vaccine and think anti-vax personal freedom talking types as silly.

Everyone can be a mark for conspiracy theories and bad arguments

I think overall, college and post-grad learning situations lowers the chances someone falls for nonsense. Not a guarantee, but it makes it less probable. Why do you think the same folk pushing the anti-vax nonsense is also having a moral panic over stuff like Critical Race Theory, and liberal universities. They view college learning environment as a place hostile to their way of seeing things. One of the positives to college that it can teach someone to engage with information and arguments in a better way. Of course college is not the only place someone can learn it, but without it, it seem more likely to listen to people they find more entertaining than truly informative.

So Bron and Dray comments have nothing to do with the highest level of schooling they finished. They are just really rich dudes, that have a poor understanding of what it takes to maintain a truly free society. This is not surprising, a lot of rich people and Americans have the same views.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom