The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe JJ means financially or like because Bron had pull in the league. I don't think dudes scared of Bron physically. He's tall af, but much slimmer in person. He looks jacked on tv, but visually, he's average bball player. Not intimidating. Not like we've seen him scrap.

I mean no ones throwing hands so the way i'm interpreting SAS statement is similar to how dudes were trying PG early on last year after the bubble meltdown.

I don't see it personally.

I means dudes might want to dunk on him or cross him up to tell their grandkids one day but he's literally the last guy dudes will try and punk (out of respect)

That's between me and my woman

Here, go fetch
CGA.jpg

How did you get a picture of my Bumble lineup? I'VE BEEN HACKED! METHHH!!!!

Cleaning up the Kings mess: On De’Aaron Fox, roster construction and why more change may be needed

The Kings have now had six coaches in the eight years since Vivek Ranadive took over the team in 2013.

This move, the one where the frustrated fans get their pound of flesh and the organization hits the coaching reset button yet again, doesn’t truly fix anything. It was merely the easiest one to make.

Is De’Aaron Fox still the right guy to build around? It’s not looking that way at the moment.

After a 2020-21 campaign in which he looked like an All-Star on most nights, the fifth-year point guard has taken a step backward at the worst possible time. And if things don’t improve anytime soon, with the Kings potentially falling even further out of playoff contention along the way, it’ll be interesting to see the ripple effect on the roster by the time the Feb. 10 trade deadline rolls around.

Fox, who is in the first year of the five-year, $163 million extension he signed shortly after McNair was hired, has left opposing scouts and fans alike wondering why he just doesn’t look the same this season.

The speed that made him so special isn’t there, nor is the poise or execution when it matters most. The leadership questions that already dogged him before this season, it’s safe to say, are only growing louder now. And his blasé’ assessments of it all in media sessions, meanwhile, have been uninspiring in the kind of way that only intensifies the long-standing debate about his makeup.

“I think it’s a make or miss league,” Fox said on Monday when I asked him about his struggles. “My percentages are down, so it’s not the same (as before).”

The decline in scoring is one thing — 25.2 points per game last season to 19.9 — but Fox is right about his inefficiency being the true head-scratcher here. He’s shooting just 42.1 percent overall and 24.4 percent from 3-point range.

“Like I said, it’s still a make or miss league,” Fox said. “If we’re making shots, it’s a whole different conversation.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom