The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

24mm isnt a great focal length for closeups but if its what it takes to get the shot then it is what it is.

also this image is pretty blurry.

It appears sharper on IG because when its displayed on a phone the DPI is higher and it hides a lot of that.

I would have used as long as a focal length as possible for this shot. Probably 200mm if i had enough room.

If not, i would have made enough room by putting my subject further back and shot with whatever focal length would get me as much compression as i could find.

I like your IG a lot though man. Dope fits for sure

Yeah I didnt know it would distort the image so much, I guess cause its that wide. But IG is all im using it for and the sharpness is fine on there.

This is sharper. Also getting paid to take pics of that bag so I needed a lens for that.

24mm isnt a great focal length for closeups but if its what it takes to get the shot then it is what it is.

also this image is pretty blurry.

It appears sharper on IG because when its displayed on a phone the DPI is higher and it hides a lot of that.

I would have used as long as a focal length as possible for this shot. Probably 200mm if i had enough room.

If not, i would have made enough room by putting my subject further back and shot with whatever focal length would get me as much compression as i could find.

I like your IG a lot though man. Dope fits for sure

Yeah I didnt know it would distort the image so much, I guess cause its that wide. But IG is all im using it for and the sharpness is fine on there.

This is sharper. Also getting paid to take pics of that bag so I needed a lens for that.

fa sho. yeah that shot is dope man.

I hope you keep growing at a rapid pace. you deserve it :pimp:

If any of you guys don't put up a file to edit, I'll set one up tonight.

I hate holidays without my camera man, like legit was in a funk after using my bro-in-law's canon for Thanksgiving. I'm waiting to sell some merchandise to get enough for a D2X and one lens. Was leaning toward the latest Tamron 95mm but the price seemed to jump up now Idk what Imma do. I got that itch man

I hate holidays without my camera man, like legit was in a funk after using my bro-in-law's canon for Thanksgiving. I'm waiting to sell some merchandise to get enough for a D2X and one lens. Was leaning toward the latest Tamron 95mm but the price seemed to jump up now Idk what Imma do. I got that itch man

You know what imma put up a RAW file tonight also to download and see who ever wants to edit it and see what everyone come up with.

I think it could be a lot of fun and spark some good conversation about post processing.

You know what imma put up a RAW file tonight also to download and see who ever wants to edit it and see what everyone come up with.

I think it could be a lot of fun and spark some good conversation about post processing.
Aye, when I upload mine just understand it's an inferior cam compared to yours and it may not be as editable lol

Curious, but why would you get a d2x?

Aye, when I upload mine just understand it's an inferior cam compared to yours and it may not be as editable lol

:rofl: chill with all that :lol:

most of my shooting this year was done on a 5d mark 2 which is like an 8 year old camera

Yeah.....and get JoDeVa89 to finally spill some insight on his editing. Haha.

Yeah.....and get JoDeVa89 to finally spill some insight on his editing. Haha.

EXACTLY

honestly most of y'all have such a dope editing style :pimp:

I'm sitting at the office at work going through my dropbox and found i had folder with a few random RAW files chillin.

RAW FILE DOWNLOADS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0hnnh8t7nd1ije/Retro_707_BMW_M4-74.DNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oir3uosc5b82y2o/Smoke_Grenade-68.dng?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpt2hmn48bmtyn7/Smoke_Sugar_02-110.DNG?dl=0

I'd love to see what you guys come up with.

Here are my edits:

Last edited:
^About to edit Retro's M4 :smokin

Thanks for sharing!...This might be the start of something big djyoung08 djyoung08 ! (Sharing pics for others to edit that is, I like that idea)

Last edited:
yeah love this idea its been mentioned before but Young you finally posted some pics. Thanks

heres a quick edit of the M4. Go easy on me I'm still learning lol

Smoke bomb i just did

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing!...This might be the start of something big djyoung08 djyoung08 ! (Sharing pics for others to edit that is, I like that idea)

fa sho.
i'll post more soon .... those just happened to be in my drop box.

I know you got some epic shots ..... feel free to share :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
Good idea on the RAW edits, also hoping to learn how JoDeVa89 does his edits 
laugh.gif

My take on the M4

-adjusted the tone curve to give it a matte look

-applied graduated ND on the bottom to darken up the pavement a little bit

-boosted blue saturation, vibrancy and clarity

-dropped blacks, highlights, and overall saturation

Last edited:

fa sho.
i'll post more soon .... those just happened to be in my drop box.

I know you got some epic shots ..... feel free to share :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not happy with the way the windshield turned out but oh well

I don't have anything epic like some of ya'll with the instant wallpaper shots but here's what I got. Interested to see what people come up with. All of my stuff was done in LR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4FDuRDvLPWxZHBCalBqQVY3WE0

My edits:

Golden Gate by Mayank4585, on Flickr

So pretty by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Last edited:
^^^^Damn.......I need a new tripod too. Might have to pull the trigger but anyone confirm if the tripod can go any lower than the pic below? I really want a tripod that can mount as low as possible. Can you take off the head and mount it without the middle part?

MeFOTO_Roadtrip_3

i got a brand new monopod (oben acm-2400) and ruggard commando 36 shoulder bag. will let it both go for $100 if anyone is interested

Forget it.....I figured it out. Apparently you need the short column to do it which is $28:

mefoto_asc31_aluminum_short_column_for_1396018237000_1042747.jpg

And you can do this:

zixx7twzb8umuqh2rznn.jpg

Forget it.....I figured it out. Apparently you need the short column to do it which is $28:

And you can do this:

This may be another option? Not sure if portrait mode is possible with the head though.

Last edited:

And you can do this:

This may be another option? Not sure if portrait mode is possible with the head though.

can confirm, portrait mode is definitely possible with the mefoto...in fact you don't even have to remove the section like homie in the vid, you can just swing the legs in the opposite direction and flip the tripod upside down...

Last edited:
this is wassup...good lookin out James!!!

here's my first take on your three...

I'm sitting at the office at work going through my dropbox and found i had folder with a few random RAW files chillin.

RAW FILE DOWNLOADS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0hnnh8t7nd1ije/Retro_707_BMW_M4-74.DNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oir3uosc5b82y2o/Smoke_Grenade-68.dng?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpt2hmn48bmtyn7/Smoke_Sugar_02-110.DNG?dl=0

I'd love to see what you guys come up with.

Back
Top Bottom