The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Marquees one of the few YouTube reviewers who glowed up on the production quality.

there are SOOO many people making high quality stuff outchea, some of whom have little to no following/subscribers and there are some that could care less about the polish that have large followings; it is really interesting and i guess it goes to show how content (and consistency) sometimes trumps quality...hafta respect those that are able to do both well

Marquees one of the few YouTube reviewers who glowed up on the production quality.

MKBHD geting bank, that's why. Haha

#mustbenice, homie rocks with a red camera to make vids...solo dolo too i think!

Last edited:
Fam went from talking about flash drives and keyboards to interviewing Kobe lol.

He's recent video is dope. It's a interactive 360 tour of his studio.

some random stuff. i started a website. nothing serious or noteworthy. hoping to add more relevant and meaningful content in the future. for now, just to blog/document/and keep friends and family updated about my life abroad. currently living in shanghai, link in sig. however, always welcome and open to criticism. would love to get more experience and some commercial experience somehow. awesome film shots bjamez20 bjamez20 ive really been thinking about acquiring a film camera. not sure where to start or what to look at yet, but accumulating more and more interest.

edit: i just watched adorama's top photographer episode that tokes posted and i was really into it. thanks for sharing! going to watch the others later.

30509990653_03a29388b1_c.jpg
31202790531_3588405cbb_c.jpg
30509993843_0585c96966_c.jpg
30509995003_3328fe4ff4_c.jpg
31202786571_1e5061cd70_c.jpg
30495699884_79b793600b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Aight. So on my cannon els 6d, im havin a hard time takin pics in sunlight.

Pics come out too bright.

Im messin wit the iso scroll knob but it doesnt help and i have the setting on manual.

What am i doing wrong?

Indoors the pics come out a lil dark, once again i mess wit the iso knob and it barley adjusts.

And what can i use to edit videos i shoot wit my cam?

Last edited:
some random stuff. i started a website. nothing serious or noteworthy. hoping to add more relevant and meaningful content in the future. for now, just to blog/document/and keep friends and family updated about my life abroad. currently living in shanghai, link in sig. however, always welcome and open to criticism. would love to get more experience and some commercial experience somehow. awesome film shots bjamez20 bjamez20 ive really been thinking about acquiring a film camera. not sure where to start or what to look at yet, but accumulating more and more interest.

edit: i just watched adorama's top photographer episode that tokes posted and i was really into it. thanks for sharing! going to watch the others later.

30509990653_03a29388b1_c.jpg
31202790531_3588405cbb_c.jpg
30509993843_0585c96966_c.jpg
30509995003_3328fe4ff4_c.jpg
31202786571_1e5061cd70_c.jpg
30495699884_79b793600b_c.jpg

What kind of camera/editing software are you using?

To think that kid is only 22.
Aight. So on my cannon els 6d, im havin a hard time takin pics in sunlight.

Pics come out too bright.

Im messin wit the iso scroll knob but it doesnt help and i have the setting on manual.

What am i doing wrong?

Indoors the pics come out a lil dark, once again i mess wit the iso knob and it barley adjusts.

And what can i use to edit videos i shoot wit my cam?

There is settings in the camera. You can adjust the contrast and what not. I always shoot standard and have my contrast on all the way negative. That way you can shoot your exposures lower and balance out the brightness.

G0145808.gif
373982.image2.jpg

Also shoot at low ISO. Adjust it in screen. Also check your exposure comp as well. Could be way high.

maxresdefault.jpg

having a website should help with directing people to your stuff...as for getting work, my guess is, and maybe other will chime in on this, it prolly makes sense to do some work for the low or free.99 at first maybe going out and actually soliciting your service to local (small) businesses or individuals?

also got another photo related watch to recommend and similar to the adorama thing it is also sponsored by canon, it's on netflix, though it is prolly can be found online somewhere as well:

kinda interesting how most of the pros featured had these focused, recurring personal projects/series of work as well, it's a pretty cool watch...

Copped the 24mm pancake for my T5. Perfect for closer shots.

Mostly doing fashion/fit and street photography, my only gripe with the 50mm was taking shots in tight spaces. Seems like this 24 would be better for street as I can take closer shots?

When would a 50 be better to use than the 24 and vice versa for street/fashion photography,

This shot looks better when sharpened a bit on IG.

Last edited:
Thinking of going for a Fuji XT-1...Any spots where I should look for a deal besides eBay?

Mostly doing fashion/fit and street photography, my only gripe with the 50mm was taking shots in tight spaces. Seems like this 24 would be better for street as I can take closer shots?

When would a 50 be better to use than the 24 and vice versa for street/fashion photography,

Use a faster shutter speed. looks like you have slight movement

24mm isnt a great focal length for closeups but if its what it takes to get the shot then it is what it is.

also this image is pretty blurry.

It appears sharper on IG because when its displayed on a phone the DPI is higher and it hides a lot of that.

I would have used as long as a focal length as possible for this shot. Probably 200mm if i had enough room.

If not, i would have made enough room by putting my subject further back and shot with whatever focal length would get me as much compression as i could find.

I like your IG a lot though man. Dope fits for sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom