The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^He is talking about the focus breathing on the lens and the fact that the D810 has better dynamic range than any full frame Canon. He is a Canon shooter that needs a 70-200mm for his work but could never move to Nikon because of their lens catalog. He more or less is saying it is a game changer for himself since he shoots at the 200mm end and the previous Nikon 70-200mm was never at a true 200mm (actually a 130mm).

Watch this....he explains it all. Pretty interesting statistics. Like lenses that aren't sharp on a specific body actually only projects a certain amount of pixel clarity.

I've had more bad copies of Canon lenses than I have 3rd party lenses. All the Tamron/Sigma/Rokinon lenses I've had have been money. The 3rd party hate is weird. 

This Sony 85mm is something else. My first true 85mm and I love it. Now just need to work on my portrait photography :lol:

Funny I just recently acquired the 85L

WHAT A BEAST OF A LENSE
You never had the Lens? WTF is wrong with you - I mean you are a weeding photographer I guess - it's to slow for that but yeah ....

Phone thing about people - see this picture and mjbech and they'll say they can do that with their iphones. LOL and will say my blur is  better.

You never had the Lens? WTF is wrong with you - I mean you are a weeding photographer I guess - it's to slow for that but yeah ....

Phone thing about people - see this picture and mjbech and they'll say they can do that with their iphones. LOL and will say my blur is  better.

Bro I never really felt I needed it having the 24, 35 and 50Ls I'm a very dynamic shooter so those lenses have held me down well, however the 85L has always been on my radar, I jumped on the 70-200L first, had it for over a year, used it maybe 3% of the time I shot weddings, got on CL and traded that lense + 300$ for myself for the 85L, sweet deal if you ask me....now I shot a family session almost strictly with the 85L and OMG....is not as slot as many say and the margin for error when shooting at 1.2 is shallow as hell, but when you nail it is MAGIC...bokeh is cray

Last edited:
just bought a canon mark iii with 24-105 kit. spent $2500 on it. really excited to use it. my first full frame. any advice/tips?

Last edited:
just bought a canon mark iii with 24-105 kit. spent $2500 on it. really excited to use it. my first full frame. any advice/tips?

take photos with people who know what they are doing and are good teachers. I went out shooting with some old dudes many times, and you learn so much.

I had no idea that Kai left Digital Rev

not surprising, it seemed like he had left already maybe because he moved to the yookay? and giving how much vlogging seems to have become a real thing people make money with now??? (being jobless has had me spending waaay too much time on youtube...i had no idea there are so many people vlogging!) given his exposure with digital rev tv, he will prolly have a pretty good following out the box, i always enjoyed his vids so i subscribed...

Kai already has a decent amount of subscribers considering. I am sure he'll make a half a million subscribers in no time. Kind of funny DR would let him go though considering he is the face of the company. But I assume his move made things hard which I guess make sense. Like any job, a person is always expendable.

And yeah...the YouTube thing is definitely a money making machine if you can do it right. I do like how everyone is stepping up their production value and with the advancements of smart TVs and Roku devices, it is really easy to watch at home or on the go of course.

Back
Top Bottom