The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

tokes99 tokes99 my bad bro. The walk and talks and the scenes where they are recording the pool party with snoop and then later with post Malone. I wanna assume it’s some sort of wide lens?

I’m also interested in the intro where he comes in with the gold bike discussing what he plans to do. Thank you.

Shot this yesterday. About an 30 minute shoot time which is the fastest doing these things. Only had to do about 5 long exposures and I pretty much captured all the necessary lightings for the car and bridge. Just wish there was some dynamic lighting in the sky or clouds. I shot here last time and it almost looked the same.

261hn6b.jpg

tokes99 tokes99 my bad bro. The walk and talks and the scenes where they are recording the pool party with snoop and then later with post Malone. I wanna assume it’s some sort of wide lens?

I’m also interested in the intro where he comes in with the gold bike discussing what he plans to do. Thank you.

no worries g, just trying to understand what you were asking...the intro where he is talking to the camera looks quite wide so maybe a 10-18mm, 12-24mm, or 16-35mm zoom lens? could be that same lens for the rest of the shots as well just at a less wide focal length...i bet if you checked into his videos you could prolly find out what his setup is exactly, as the youtuber set are pretty good about showing their gear and what they shoot with

good luck with your travels too, #besafetho!

Shot this yesterday. About an 30 minute shoot time which is the fastest doing these things. Only had to do about 5 long exposures and I pretty much captured all the necessary lightings for the car and bridge. Just wish there was some dynamic lighting in the sky or clouds. I shot here last time and it almost looked the same.

261hn6b.jpg

ha, just put one in! you are already doing a composite, by combining exposures...definitely will take time tho!!

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of SD card should I get. I have a canon t6i and was recording some footage and realized my current card is way to small. Thinking of getting 256 so I don’t have to worry about filling up my whole card and could continuously just shoot raw. Can someone explain the difference like between gold and the others. Thank you.

Attachments

• 312B384F-13B1-4C35-9879-027D7A54EF17.png
    312B384F-13B1-4C35-9879-027D7A54EF17.png
    655.8 KB · Views: 1
Took some senior pics Sunday and I had a moment of clarity. The young man I was takin' pics of wasn't completely relaxed so he would kinda stand still like a Sim a bit and I started to worry because it was only a 90 min session and I didn't want to use up so much time trying to get him to relax and we still have 3 more outfits/poses to do. But I realized that because it's only 90 mins I don't have the time to give my complete all during this session and unfortunately this is one of the compromises.

A 90 min session with multiple wardrobe changes gives me enough time to get a person as they are but if they are shy or clammy I may not have enough time to crack them out of their shell. But I do know that I'll need to learn how to do so faster, because even if it makes "sense" that I can't do my best with a shy client within 90 mins I need to grow and be able to do it. But that was my light bulb moment. I'll look to upload a few of my fav pics tonight

Not sure what kind of SD card should I get. I have a canon t6i and was recording some footage and realized my current card is way to small. Thinking of getting 256 so I don’t have to worry about filling up my whole card and could continuously just shoot raw. Can someone explain the difference like between gold and the others. Thank you.

just write speeds i think

Yeah, and the higher class ones are totally worth it. I had a cheap one which was fine in my old camera but it meant that each shot took about 4 or 5 seconds to get saved. Bought a class 10 one and they’re almost instantly saved - not enough of a delay to be noticeable.

Need to work on framing a bit.

Learn how to clone - the cones and people in the background are distracting.

Not sure what your ISO was, or maybe it's just the uploading but photos are really grainy.

Considering getting a reflector or a diffuser (or shoot later in the day). The shadows and sunlight are pretty harsh.

Framing and posing are my weakest points at times. Gonna take some time and look at some other photographers pics and see if I can figure out how to make things come more natural for me

I know how to clone, I just didn't feel like doing it in post. Especially for the low price I charged for the pics.
Not sure how they came out grainy because my ISO was under 300. I'd blame the uploading or the older camera (D7000)

I have a flash but the battery died in the remote and I forgot to get another before the shoot. Both getting a reflector and some more batteries are on my list to-do

Framing and posing are my weakest points at times. Gonna take some time and look at some other photographers pics and see if I can figure out how to make things come more natural for me

I know how to clone, I just didn't feel like doing it in post. Especially for the low price I charged for the pics.
Not sure how they came out grainy because my ISO was under 300. I'd blame the uploading or the older camera (D7000)

I have a flash but the battery died in the remote and I forgot to get another before the shoot. Both getting a reflector and some more batteries are on my list to-do

You should go back and clone it out. At the end of the day, it's still a reflection of your work. Plus, it's good practice!

Yeah, it's probably just the uploading.

You don't necessarily need a flash. A 5 in 1 set up can be very effective.

Great video. Been meaning to get a reflector kit for awhile jyst haven't done it but will soon since I've been meaning to use the coin from this last shoot on gear. My only issue with reflectors is that I will likely need an assistant and I don't often have one

Great video. Been meaning to get a reflector kit for awhile jyst haven't done it but will soon since I've been meaning to use the coin from this last shoot on gear. My only issue with reflectors is that I will likely need an assistant and I don't often have one

I feel you.

Try and use surroundings to your advantage. If you have a bag, use it to prop it.

Or look into a cheap tripod setup or something.

Found out I can repair the broken mount on my 18-105mm. Got the part delivered today and will try to fix it when I get home. Might try to record it

Where do you guys sell your gear? I’m trying to sell my 5d mark iii. eBay? Craigslist?

I’m going to the dark side and copping an a7iii.

Back
Top Bottom