52024384-FB37-470C-9707-5AB67CF31B32.jpeg

The 5d3 has about 6950 shutter count
The lenses are 24-105 F4l and the nifty fifty 1.8

I was hoping to sell this for around $2200-$2300

52024384-FB37-470C-9707-5AB67CF31B32.jpeg

The 5d3 has about 6950 shutter count
The lenses are 24-105 F4l and the nifty fifty 1.8

I was hoping to sell this for around $2200-$2300
You basically selling the 5D3 for 1400 the 24-105 600 the 50 for about 60 and the grip for 140. Pretty good deal ..... try PoTN or FredMiranda. You might have to split the package and sell for a bit higher or do a package for lower. That 5D3 is mint if I could I would snatch it up right now.

Where are you buying your camera fron?

You basically selling the 5D3 for 1400 the 24-105 600 the 50 for about 60 and the grip for 140. Pretty good deal ..... try PoTN or FredMiranda. You might have to split the package and sell for a bit higher or do a package for lower. That 5D3 is mint if I could I would snatch it up right now.

Where are you buying your camera fron?

Thanks Keko, I will check those sites. I think I will split them and see what I can get.

A local shop in DC is getting a shipment of a7iii this week so I was hoping to cop but I won’t until I sell the 5d. I went to the shop to see how much they would give me to exchange and they said $1100 and I said hell no. :lol:

Thanks Keko, I will check those sites. I think I will split them and see what I can get.

A local shop in DC is getting a shipment of a7iii this week so I was hoping to cop but I won’t until I sell the 5d. I went to the shop to see how much they would give me to exchange and they said $1100 and I said hell no. :lol:
If you let it go for around that price, send me a PM. I'll see if I snatch it.

I'm low balling ... go to PoTN post it and you'll be able to get at least 3 hundreds more for a quick turn around. Actually 1400 would be the sweet spot for a quick sell with that many clicks. I'm not gonna lie ..... if you want to throw me that NT discount I'll do it. LoL

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171

FredMiranda is paid.

:lol: I would give you the NT discount if I already had the a7iii but I need the cash to fund the switch.

I just checked potn and I need to be a member for 30 days to sell.

I'm loving the new LR controls - so much so that I thought I could improve some old photos - but when I go to edit old ones it gives me the old controls. I can only seem to get the new ones with recently imported photos. Anyone know how to re-edit old photos using the new controls?

EDIT: nevermind - I was using my laptop earlier and then my PC just now and hadn't noticed that my PC hadn't had the software updated. Doing it now.

Last edited:
And a new edit of an old shot from last summer - just a throwaway on the way home which I think is interesting - shooting right into the sun so it was hard to not blow out the details in the middle but it turned out okay with a little fiddling.

Took this the other night - my bridge that looks a bit like your bridge! Not as old as the Golden Gate Bridge but it's a little longer. Had some problems recently so they just built the one on the left to replace it.

It's kind of like the Bay bridge and Oakland bridge right next to each other. Nice skies. I always wish for those and never get it.

Your quality is goals for me.

Love it

Thanks. I have to admit, this was all editing. The original photo is all orange and black. Thankfully even with an old 5D Mark 3, you can push the RAW files so much and fix the colors and bring out the shadows. I shot this at f/5 I believe and still had a 30 second exposure on ISO 100. The files are as clean as it gets the blacks are still pretty grainy. Still, I think it's print worthy as long as you don't print it as a poster.

Maybe a little off topic, but what is your guys' workflow for posting to IG after shooting with your DSLR? I've found that a lot of the stuff I post looks good initially and then it seems like it gets compressed and loses quality when I go back later and look at it. Where as I had some pictures sent to me that were taken by someone else with their camera and it seems like they never lost quality after posting.

Maybe a little off topic, but what is your guys' workflow for posting to IG after shooting with your DSLR? I've found that a lot of the stuff I post looks good initially and then it seems like it gets compressed and loses quality when I go back later and look at it. Where as I had some pictures sent to me that were taken by someone else with their camera and it seems like they never lost quality after posting.

You using iOS or Android? In the past Instagram has degraded Android image quality. It used to bother me a lot but at this point I don't really care since I'm not a professional or "influencer"

Depending on what kind of photo I shook, I always go into Snapseed and bring out th dynamic range using Tonal Contrast tool. It sort of makes your photo have more depth and detail after you use it. Then after in IG, I always always sharpen my photos at least to 25 and at most to 45. The sharpness is really what makes the photo look better imo. After that, I saturate it a tad and it should be good to go. I find my IOS screen needs more color than my monitor.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr bruh editing is magic.

Im so super lazy to edit. Im just an amateur so i edit with light room on my iphone after transferring from my dslr but u can make one image look so different with editing.

I have to admit, this was all editing. The original photo is all orange and black. Thankfully even with an old 5D Mark 3
Bruh ... you hit me right in the gut. I'm still shooting with a 5D2, so calling the 5D3 old, really hurt my feelings. LoL

I’m thinking about getting into photography, but I’m not knowledgeable.

Any recommendations on books, articles or tutorials I can check out to teach me the basics before I start investing in equipment?

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr bruh editing is magic.

Im so super lazy to edit. Im just an amateur so i edit with light room on my iphone after transferring from my dslr but u can make one image look so different with editing.

I've been shooting way different in the last 4-5 years since IG has become so popular. Before I would just take a ton of photos without really any care in the world but now, I hunt and look for that one good photo rather than shooting with volume. It technically has made me a better photographer but there is something nice about shooting freely and getting whatever comes at you rather than bringing out a tripod, multiple lenses, waiting for the sun, etc. But even with my one photo I get, I spend about 20 mins or so editing and that is cleaning up the spots and making sure everything is too my liking. That's not too long as I've seen some pros spend a solid hour on one photo.

Bruh ... you hit me right in the gut. I'm still shooting with a 5D2, so calling the 5D3 old, really hurt my feelings. LoL

Haha. Tech has really advanced in the last year or so. I so want to shoot high megapixels and get that crazy dynamic range but I just don't want to invest in a new system nor do I have a computer that can run that big size files. I am going to wait till I get a new iMac since the one I have is a 2010 model. Then think about what system I want to go to.....which will probably be Sony.

I’m thinking about getting into photography, but I’m not knowledgeable.

Any recommendations on books, articles or tutorials I can check out to teach me the basics before I start investing in equipment?

Definitely check youtube. Everything is pretty much on there. Literally search anything that comes to mind and it will be on there from the camera gear, editing, shooting weddings, landscapes, night, morning, etc. Check Tony and Chelsea's channel as well as Matt Granger, Kai Wong, and even old Digital Rev videos.

You using iOS or Android? In the past Instagram has degraded Android image quality. It used to bother me a lot but at this point I don't really care since I'm not a professional or "influencer"

iOS always. Not sure what does it, maybe its the initial picture size (its too large) and its getting compressed. Typically I upload the raw image to my MacBook then edit in Light Room and export the jpeg and airdrop it to my iPhone or email it to myself. Then post it. Sometimes if I'm in a rush I will get in onto my phone using the same method but without editing and I will edit it using Light Room mobile before posting. I've tried googling a resolution and haven't found much. Like you said, I'm not an influencer like you, by any means haha, but it still bothers me.

^^^^I do pretty much the same thing. Send a JPEG to myself in an email and upload it as full res. As state, try sharpening your photo and click on the photo as a preview to see what it looks like. I don't think there really is a right way to post a photo but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom