The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Bro, I never said aperture goes out the window...you are completely misunderstanding my posts, aperture/iso/shutter are all important wether you use flash or not.

I never assumed everyone is shooting events, but that's what the original question to my post was somewhat about, exposing subjects with a flash without losing the ambient light...and this is somewhat the essense of shooting indoor events, so my post was relevent to the question.

Last but not least, I never tried to school you, let off your defenses, you can very well know more about photography than I do, but you first go on about 4 lines of how my advice made no sense and then in fine print, say you understand if what I'm doing is shooting TTL, which is exactly what I'm doing...lol

I'm a self taught photographer and I appreciated simplicity when I was first learning, I understand all the terminology and is not my intent to dumb anything down, but I know the audience and I'm sure for beginners high/low could be easier to understand than wide-open/close, don't really seethe issue there or why you must talk to me like I'm some dumb %+@.

It's cool .. I'm not going to continue with it.

I will say this before I stop, I was your audience and I misunderstood your post. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Originally Posted by taymane23

how exactly can I get that vintage look when taking a picture

It has nothing to do with how you take the picture, that look is achieved in post-processing.

I just started using a film camera. This is the only decent picture I've taken so far...
6141818655_86ba8d11d9_z.jpg

Can someone help me with making a tag for my photos??

I am not a photographer by any means, but i have come to the realization that A LOT of people on my Facebook tend to take my pics and act like it theirs.
30t6p3b.gif

sucks that there's arguing in here...but even tho, there's good info being passed. argue more?

recent random/photoshop/iphone fun:

6104090366_53cf456575_z.jpg

6117169839_6cc3c69750_z.jpg

6126228998_34f3b57c15_z.jpg

6118106322_a0fa3bcc36_z.jpg

6120683675_b1f5b2347c_z.jpg

6127265995_ac976d98e5_z.jpg

6128987914_3c80858e64_z.jpg

6126692881_7c6255ac13.jpg

6117258455_8d2cfa285c_z.jpg

Hey guys, I am taking a Photo 101 course in college. I thought I needed a DSLR but for this course I will need just an 35mm SLR. So I was wondering whats the cheapest and bang for my buck? Can I find them at thrift stores/ 2nd hand shops? Any suggestions on a good camera to get?

anyone in here have the fuji x100?

snapping pics of subjects from a distance on this camera is way nice, but having to switch (and shooting) to macro mode when subjects are 3ft or closer is a pain 'cause it's so slow through the electronic viewfinder.

is there a trick or some sort of to get quicker performance? i'm using a sandisk extreme iv (30mb/s), so i don't think it's that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phillip929

anyone in here have the fuji x100?

snapping pics of subjects from a distance on this camera is way nice, but having to switch (and shooting) to macro mode when subjects are 3ft or closer is a pain 'cause it's so slow through the electronic viewfinder.

is there a trick or some sort of to get quicker performance? i'm using a sandisk extreme iv (30mb/s), so i don't think it's that.
laugh.gif

I don't think there is a way around that, my friend sold his because of that horrible shutter delay, that plus no way to change the lense are te reasons I stood away....someone at BH mentioned to me that a second gen model is in the works, it'll be 300$ more but you'll be able to switch your glass and hopefully they'll fix that shutter delay...then I'll get it....incredibly amazing toy otherwise, the shots my boy got out that camera were
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom