The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Sorry for the dumb question but how do you post picture from your Flickr account? In Flickr, I'm clicking "Share" > "Grab the HTML/BBCode" but neither HTML or BBCode is working.

i always shoot raw simply because its easier to edit ... but it is killing my hard drive because it takes up so much room, heres some of my shots

Last edited:
Sorry for the dumb question but how do you post picture from your Flickr account? In Flickr, I'm clicking "Share" > "Grab the HTML/BBCode" but neither HTML or BBCode is working.

That works for me. I choose the HTML option not the bbc option and a size. Are you logged into flickr?

raw support varies from camera to camera. i use aperture , and when i had my 60D i shot raw, but with the fuji it doesn't support it. everything i post is a jpeg, most OOC, some have minor touchups. usually auto white balance and might touch saturation and vibrancy.

007 by bjamez20, on Flickr
ISO 1600, f2.8, 1/15

Last edited:
Who here shoots RAW?

I've been shooting RAW since I had my Rebel XT.

I don't worry about having the correct white balance as I could easily correct it inside Camera Raw.

always shoot raw.. i either go raw only, or raw + jpeg just so i can sort/delete the photos faster when transferred

shimmy shimmy ya, i always shoot raw. it's better for editing. like LA08 said, white balance is easily corrected with raw files

5dii
sigma 15mm
f2.8
1/200
iso100
flash pointed up/bounced off ceiling
same settings for both shots
patience

Last edited:
Need help shooting indoor please.

I want to get some nice indoor pics but without using the flash. Is that possible?

What should my settings be (ISO, Fstop etc)

Do you guys mess with coloring adjustments?

On the Lens ( I have the 70-300mm IS USM lens) do I need to turn off the IS mode?

Auto focus, leave it on or off?

Sorry for the rookie questions, just trying to get it right.

Just a question guys, is getting a Nikon 18-105mm vr lens worth it? I've been reading some good things about the tamron 17-50mm but it's more expensive than the 18-105. I'm planning to get a standard zoom cause I only got a prime lens (35mm 1.8) right now.

Just started getting into photography and loving every single bit of it :smokin

Last edited:
^I wouldn't do it. The decision is ultimately up to you, but you will most likely end up selling that 18-105 lens in the long run.. And you will not get back what you paid for it. I just sold mine that came with my old D7000 for like $150. If you really want one try to find one on Craigslist for cheap. Nice pics everybody. C'mon guys, am I gonna be the only one with something different for this weeks theme? Everyones picture is night time/building/traffic/lights.. lol

Baby Feet by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

Last edited:
Need help shooting indoor please.
I want to get some nice indoor pics but without using the flash. Is that possible?
What should my settings be (ISO, Fstop etc)
Do you guys mess with coloring adjustments?
On the Lens ( I have the 70-300mm IS USM lens) do I need to turn off the IS mode?
Auto focus, leave it on or off?
Sorry for the rookie questions, just trying to get it right.
Crank up your ISO. This will allow you to shoot at quicker shutter speeds, but it also means more noise.

In your case, the largest aperture you can use is F4... so shoot at F4.

Don't turn off the IS function. IS means "Image Stabilizer" which serves its purpose in situations where you

have to use slower shutter speeds because of the lack of sufficient light.

Shoot using Auto Focus.

I reduce all the in camera color options to 0 and adjust in Camera Raw + Photoshop CS5.

Back
Top Bottom