The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I doubt it is a font. Probably hand written by the tattoo artist or another artist. Script fonts for tats should all be hand drawn to each word or name. If youknow someone that is dope in the calligraphy game, that would be the best thing to do for a custom tat.

I met Cartoon a couple of months back to get his spray can signed and the way he does his free hand calligraphy is so dope. Picture below is just his name butyou have to see how fast and simple it is to do it.

its-showtime-6.jpg

He even did other people's names in their sketchbooks and there is literally no thought process behind it. Once the pen goes down, he can just freestylethe rest without sketching it out. Imagine if he actually puts thought into it....I am sure he can make any word or phrase come out dope.

sorry if its been discussed before... can someone recommend me a decent tripod. im still pretty clueless about photography

Fongstarr.

she's a writer. she's published. her writing career is just blossoming. the shoot was done for her portfolio.

hey NT! so im looking to get an external lense for my powershot g10... what kind of lense shoould i get? im looking on ebay but hav no clue what anythingmeans... i basically want the depth of field shallower and i want something to make it clearer and more crisp....any help would be greatly appreciated! Heresthe link to ebay... i can spend like 150... thanks!!!!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ma...nses&_odkw=manual+focus+canon+lense&_osacat=0

Originally Posted by Diab0531

hey NT! so im looking to get an external lense for my powershot g10... what kind of lense shoould i get? im looking on ebay but hav no clue what anything means... i basically want the depth of field shallower and i want something to make it clearer and more crisp....any help would be greatly appreciated! Heres the link to ebay... i can spend like 150... thanks!!!!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=manual+focus+canon+lens&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_sop=16&_dmpt=Camera_Lenses&_odkw=manual+focus+canon+lense&_osacat=0
There is no lens available for the G10 to make things looks better and give a shallower depth of field. Extension lenses will degrade the qualityif anything, and the depth of field is limited by the cameras small sensor. Only way to get decent "DOF" on the G10 is to shoot in Macro mode and getall up in peoples face.

that sucks haha... well are there any other lenses that will just enhance the crispness of my photos? or filters or something?

Originally Posted by Diab0531

that sucks haha... well are there any other lenses that will just enhance the crispness of my photos? or filters or something?

You're better off just photoshopping the photos after you take it if you want filters or something. The G10 is after all a point a shoot. I had the G9 andaside from it being portable, I thought it was a waste of money.

^ dang that's a really big stoneface...
laugh.gif
tonight at the BYU vs. Stanford Volleyball game

wvae6p.jpg

25ai7eq.jpg

21kkvoh.jpg

i know they're not great but i don't exactly have the best lens to capture this kind of stuff.
i'm open to all comments, criticism, and suggestions

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Im borrowing my dads canon 5D mark ii... trying to figure out why it cost soo damn much
indifferent.gif
Ummm...no need for that. That's elitist photographers mentality. You gotta remember that not everyone in here has experience with DSLRs or photography for that matter.

Anyway, to answer the question...the reason why it's so expensive is that it has a full-frame sensor. Full frame is the digital equivalent to a 35mm film's field of view. Unlike lower end and more entry level cameras which have a cropped sensor (smaller sensor), full-frames are expensive to manufacture. However, the price of full-frame cameras are starting to drop and are becoming more and more affordable.

I want to get into photography.

Any advice on a good first camera?

I really like what battleground does, whatever he uses.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Im borrowing my dads canon 5D mark ii... trying to figure out why it cost soo damn much
indifferent.gif
Ummm...no need for that. That's elitist photographers mentality. You gotta remember that not everyone in here has experience with DSLRs or photography for that matter.

Anyway, to answer the question...the reason why it's so expensive is that it has a full-frame sensor. Full frame is the digital equivalent to a 35mm film's field of view. Unlike lower end and more entry level cameras which have a cropped sensor (smaller sensor), full-frames are expensive to manufacture. However, the price of full-frame cameras are starting to drop and are becoming more and more affordable.
I was just bein' silly. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

I want to get into photography.

Any advice on a good first camera?

I really like what battleground does, whatever he uses.
I think battleground shoots with a Canon 40D or 50D. Those bodies are probably out of your price range, and even if they aren't you probably don't need a camera like that to start.
RapSizzle hooked up page 1 with a lot of info on photography and cameras. You'll probably want to look into a Canon T1i, a Nikon D3000, or a Nikon D5000. If you want to save some money and buy a slightly older, yet still wonderful, body, you could look into a Nikon D40/D40x, or a Canon Xsi.

^ Hey thanks for the info. I won't start out with a 40D or 50..

Going to go with one of your later recommendations (Nikon 40D/D40x)

Thanks for the help! I'm going to peep the first page for more info.

I have a CF card format error and I'm trying to fix it, but don't want to lose all my photos inside.

Asked on a few pages ago, but didn't get an answer...Anyone who can shed some knowledge is appreciated.

ohwell.gif
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I have a CF card format error and I'm trying to fix it, but don't want to lose all my photos inside.

Asked on a few pages ago, but didn't get an answer...Anyone who can shed some knowledge is appreciated.

ohwell.gif
Thanks.

I know there are a few programs online that you can recover your photos with in SOME cases. Some are free, some you have to pay for. If I can, I'll look it up for you later. Just do a Google search for "CF card photo recovery" or something like that and you'll probably find a download that can help.

EDIT: If it was a cheap CF card, then you might be SOL. When I bought my 1DsII I looked at some cheaper brands, but after checking out some forums I found out that they tend to be poorly formatted and in some cases are made to only work for so many photos and then die. Good luck, though!

Back
Top Bottom