The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

#1 is straight out of camera - just resize.
4299527521_1b94e67137.jpg
4299527459_9bd2a22e1d.jpg

4300274148_6203502013.jpg
4300273998_b4f7646da6.jpg

4299527017_700d558fbf.jpg
4300274078_7a95d59a2f.jpg

that homie battleground
4299527589_9238af9608.jpg

4300273760_f968cd2dac.jpg

4299526859_5db6797cbf.jpg

4299527113_1992c98835.jpg

and the new pickup.

4300313994_6db9c7f7ec.jpg

4300314056_ea756d4295.jpg

4300319096_4ddddb4615.jpg

4300319296_93441bf997.jpg

There's one on Craigslist for $550, I'm thinking of buying it first and see how it is.

If I don't like it, you think I can sell for around 675?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

There's one on Craigslist for $550, I'm thinking of buying it first and see how it is.

nerd.gif
Why not rent one first?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

nerd.gif
Why not rent one first?
Seems cheap enough...And I'm pretttttty sure I can get back what I spent if not more. 6 months warranty left.

If its used, I doubt you could get $675 for it. I bought one to test it out rather than renting because I thought it would be cheaper to buy and resell if I didn't like it. I figured I could actually make a little money if I wanted to resell, but I like mine.

nerd.gif
it depends on the date code + overall condition of it.

its not like reselling kicks. lens hold its value

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

nerd.gif
it depends on the date code + overall condition of it.

its not like reselling kicks. lens hold its value
Yea, I'm aware, but I have resold my older lens for more than I've bought it for.

I'm hoping to check it out this Wednesday.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

Originally Posted by rocafella kidd

Quickster had a quick question on what your using as the floor on the photos? i bought a piece of black granite but seems to small to do normal size shoes..
i use my old black tv stand and i have a glass on top of it. its not that big but since i dont have a wide angle, im using my sigma 50/1.4 on my50D. with the correct focal length, and placement of the shoes, it can be more than enough.
thanks.. i am gonna practice a little more

Whats up NT Cam Fam?...I could use a moment of your time.

I'm a total photo newbie but I'm real eager to learn. I just got a Canon 20D with an EFS 17-85mm lens and I am just beginning to get familiar with the functions and controls. I want to start snapping pics of a rarely seen side of NYC for my blog but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I went out today just to pop my cherry and snap some practice shots. It was a really dark and wet day today and I was in a rush, just wanted to get some references shots and get a feel for where/how to stand when taking pics and the operation of the camera.

124dh10.jpg

t0qbuc.jpg
\
2en49p0.jpg

I plan on taking a lot of pics of murals and street arts, so can you guys give me any tips that would help as far as lighting, setting, stance, position, etc. I'm going to keep shooting the same things all week until I see some improvement and start getting a hang of what I'm doing.

Also how do you fade out a foreground element and capture the background?

Im starting to figure out how to blur out the background....
2rroq4y.jpg
4vo9w4.jpg

but how can you achieve the same effect on an object in front of your intended capture? I want to get a picture of that mural behind the fence, any advice on the best way to shoot that during the daytime ? Zoom, iso, aperture? (I have a light but I don't know how to use it and I was in the middle of a hot drug spot
laugh.gif
)

1252rec.jpg

x538rd.jpg

My bad for the eyesores and the newbie questions but any help, references and advice on anything would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

You need to take those shots in the day. Spraypaint is either oil or alcohol based, so on a wall it's going to have some glossy qualities. Even Ultra Flat Black will be reflective. That being said, you're going to get hotspots using a flash unless you want to set up a whole lighting rig, and I don't think you want to do that. That's also part of your problem with the fence in front of the piece you were trying to shoot-- the on-camera flash is only powerful/big enough to illuminate the fence, and the camera probably focused on the fence as well.

Also, stand back as far as you have to in order to get the full piece in there. If more than one piece is involved in the production, take several overlapping shots to make a pano.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

You need to take those shots in the day. Spraypaint is either oil or alcohol based, so on a wall it's going to have some glossy qualities. Even Ultra Flat Black will be reflective. That being said, you're going to get hotspots using a flash unless you want to set up a whole lighting rig, and I don't think you want to do that. That's also part of your problem with the fence in front of the piece you were trying to shoot-- the on-camera flash is only powerful/big enough to illuminate the fence, and the camera probably focused on the fence as well.

Also, stand back as far as you have to in order to get the full piece in there. If more than one piece is involved in the production, take several overlapping shots to make a pano.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Thanks for the info.
No problem. Check out "street art" (graffiti) forums and websites for some ideas on what to look for when composing those shots.

Spoiler [+]
Some good ones: bombingscience.com and 12ozprophet.com

Back
Top Bottom