The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I'm definitely an amateur so I have some questions for you more experienced guys. 

Until now, I've always seen things in everyday life that would make a beautiful candid shot but I didn't have anything on me better than my cell phone (Galaxy GS3). Do you DSLR guys usually have something on you at all times to capture it when you see it?

Do you keep your bag with you or how are you on the ready to capture these moments, or are you just taking time out of your days to dedicate to finding these things? 

Oh and last one, what are the most flexible methods of adding watermarks or tags to photo's you feel show great quality (or whatever your reasons may be)? 

BTW nice shots DRN! 
happy.gif
Thanks. To answer your questions,

I have my camera with me at all times because im never sure if something amazing shows up and I want to shoot it. At times i didnt have my camera because I forgot and usually those are the times I really wanted to photograph something. Besides my camera I have a iphone 4. Mainly for Instagram photos and what not.

I carry my bag with two lens (17-35mm & 50mm) and always have my camera on and never really turn it off unless I know im not going to use it for whatever purpose. I dont really go finding things though.

Watermarks of how I see it is free advertisment/marketing. Some people say it ruins the photo, while others use it for copyright leading to the person who took the photo along with so no one steals it. Just a few reasons why people use watermarks. Hope these answer questions.

Thanks. To answer your questions,

I have my camera with me at all times because im never sure if something amazing shows up and I want to shoot it. At times i didnt have my camera because I forgot and usually those are the times I really wanted to photograph something. Besides my camera I have a iphone 4. Mainly for Instagram photos and what not.

I carry my bag with two lens (17-35mm & 50mm) and always have my camera on and never really turn it off unless I know im not going to use it for whatever purpose. I dont really go finding things though.

Watermarks of how I see it is free advertisment/marketing. Some people say it ruins the photo, while others use it for copyright leading to the person who took the photo along with so no one steals it. Just a few reasons why people use watermarks. Hope these answer questions.
Thanks for taking the time out to respond. 

So what methods do you use to add your own watermark? PS or another software? The reason I ask is because yours look like you have more control over the look of the mark and placement. 

How big can you blow up a picture from a Canon T3i and still have a quality image? Someone told me 8 1/2 X 11 is the biggest you can go. Thanks.

i just got my first DSLR yesterday. Im not nearly as advanced as some of you but i have learned a little about my camera in the 1 day that ive had it. here are some of the best shots that ive taken thus far

^^ I like the points of focus on your lego shots. Nice subject BTW 
happy.gif

thanks bro much appreciated! one of my friends on Facebook told me the easy way to use the auto focus so that i could single it to a single object. i still have alot more to learn

^^ I was playing around with the manual setting on my T4i earlier. Learned some new things too. There isn't much to shoot near my job so I was playing with color settings and filters with shots of clouds and lamp posts 
laugh.gif

I posted this earlier but I want to get more information, has anyone ordered from buydig.com for cameras and how was your experience through them? Because I have checked their ratings and they seem to be good, but I also see negative reviews about customer service, having them charging your card before shipping, or not having in stock, etc. I want to get as much information before I spend a lot of money on a camera. lol.

Here's some old photography I took.

Last edited:
Bought a 28mm... I thought there was only one ******g version of this lens but there are 2.

I got the 2.8 when I thought it was the 1.8.

It's really quick even without the USM, the only thing is the annoying noise it makes when focusing.

DAMN! It's cool though man, I'll still be able to work with it.

Got another picture printed, I'll post a pic later.

I posted this earlier but I want to get more information, has anyone ordered from buydig.com for cameras and how was your experience through them? Because I have checked their ratings and they seem to be good, but I also see negative reviews about customer service, having them charging your card before shipping, or not having in stock, etc. I want to get as much information before I spend a lot of money on a camera. lol.

Here's some old photography I took.
Now a couple I took of similar cars...

The picture I got printed yesterday! Gotta order a frame for it.

Great information and inspiration in here. Trying to shoot more often and learn as much as I can along the way. Here are a few from this afternoon during lunch with my pops

Genuinely love the fact that more and more people are getting into photography. Everyday, I learn more and more just from reading all the questions and answers that are posted on this thread. Great stuff as usual.

Some from today:

Took this pic today. This is 3 days into shooting into a DSLR camera. im learning alot about how editing can make a pic look great

I also took this one and did some editing to get it to work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom