The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yerrr what's good, NT. so at work, a tenant was just throwing this stuff away. A whole bunch of film (unopened) and this camera. Not sure if it works but how much is it worth? DM me if anyone is interested.
Thats lens will definitely go for a good penny. Do your research and dont take ****** offers.

Been on like a 2-3 week hiatus from not shooting. Took a trip to Reno and snapped a few things.

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips on how to go about editing this photo? Shooting a black car in the sunlight and getting the right exposure was my challenge. I've done some work already to this picture but I don't like the way it turned out lol.

My 50mm 1.8 lens came in last night and WOW what a difference from the kit lens. I finally see the importance of glass on these cameras, and this is one of the cheapest lenses you can buy.

Didn't have much time to experiment with it because I got home late but I can clearly see that it is worth it to invest in glass.

My 50mm 1.8 lens came in last night and WOW what a difference from the kit lens. I finally see the importance of glass on these cameras, and this is one of the cheapest lenses you can buy.

Didn't have much time to experiment with it because I got home late but I can clearly see that it is worth it to invest in glass.
What kind of lens did you pick up Trent? 

From where if you don't mind me asking? 

Last edited:
Always get the 50mm 1.8 from Craigslist or second hand. There is really no use for you to buy a new one. Even if cosmetically it is damaged, it shouldn't matter since the lens is made out of mostly plastic. On CL, it shoujld go for about $80-90 or so. Best bang for your buck. Colors aren't as vibrant as others though and it doesn't have an L-lens type bokeh but it is still good.

Always get the 50mm 1.8 from Craigslist or second hand. There is really no use for you to buy a new one. Even if cosmetically it is damaged, it shouldn't matter since the lens is made out of mostly plastic. On CL, it shoujld go for about $80-90 or so. Best bang for your buck. Colors aren't as vibrant as others though and it doesn't have an L-lens type bokeh but it is still good.

Or keep an eye on amazon as sometimes their price dips to the 90s too.

I always found 50mm a little too tight on a crop for me, but it is nice playing with the bokeh

B&H has a used one for $90.

ohwell.gif
 I grabbed mine from Amazon new for $113. Canon. A little more than you guys had suggested paying.

Starting out I don't want to spend a whole lot on lenses when I don't necessarily have the best handle on the camera, but looking forward what is the next lens I should be plotting on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom