The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

A photo of the Brooklyn Bridge I took on March 1st.

those shots are great up there.
wish i could shoot everyday but with school and work, I hardy ever get any type of free time :smh:
anyone else feel the same way?

those shots are great up there.
wish i could shoot everyday but with school and work, I hardy ever get any type of free time :smh:
anyone else feel the same way?

Just carry your camera on you at all times. Or use whatever camera available. I use my iPhone more than my DSLR sometimes even if I have both.

Always get the 50mm 1.8 from Craigslist or second hand. There is really no use for you to buy a new one. Even if cosmetically it is damaged, it shouldn't matter since the lens is made out of mostly plastic. On CL, it shoujld go for about $80-90 or so. Best bang for your buck. Colors aren't as vibrant as others though and it doesn't have an L-lens type bokeh but it is still good.

Or keep an eye on amazon as sometimes their price dips to the 90s too.

I always found 50mm a little too tight on a crop for me, but it is nice playing with the bokeh
What do you recommend instead of the fifty

A work in progress right now. I think I'm going to continue posting before/after shots. Any input/constructive criticism is appreciated!

Last edited:

For more of a an all around use, get the 35mm but keep the 50mm if you have it as well. The 35mm is just more user friendly for say random tourist walkings. The 50mm just limits on what you can shoot unless you have plenty of space to move around. Having both would give you nice range.

A work in progress right now. I think I'm going to continue posting before/after shots. Any input/constructive criticism is appreciated!
hey dude, 

i retouch a lot of cars so i can be of some help. what are you editing with? if you know photoshop, you can do a lot more with the image. was this shot raw as well?

holla 

www.justinpaguia.com

Hey Fellas,

I'm a rookie at photography and I will be traveling to NY next month. Any tripods you guys would recommend for a canon t3i? Nothing too fancy.

Hey Fellas,

I'm a rookie at photography and I will be traveling to NY next month. Any tripods you guys would recommend for a canon t3i? Nothing too fancy.
I'm by no means an expert, but check out B&H for reliable supplies. 

Based on my video experience, you'll just want something with smooth tilt and panning motions with a stable lock. It wouldn't hurt to get something with a level as well. 

A friend of mine just gave me his old Velbon DF 60 (B&H has it brand new for $72 but check out ebay). The only thing I need for it is a replacement shoe, he lost the old one. 

But by no means does brand name or make denote quality. But that's just my recommendation. 

Last edited:

For more of a an all around use, get the 35mm but keep the 50mm if you have it as well. The 35mm is just more user friendly for say random tourist walkings. The 50mm just limits on what you can shoot unless you have plenty of space to move around. Having both would give you nice range.
Thanks. I'll get the 35 now and the fifty down the line.

Hey Fellas,

joby gorillapod is a good beginners tripod and a great travel tripod

Back
Top Bottom