The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

[COLOR=#red]It's all relative though. It depends on what a person wants to do with it. Again that's where my analogy comes to play about the Ferrari and the Nissan. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]You can't deny that NT tends to lean towards high end stuff in a somewhat hypebeastly manner that is often out of tune for most people's reality. In NT a good looking chick is busted...a non-Hemi version of a Charger is tragic, and any camera not named Canon 5D or better is trash. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]You can't deny that NT tends to lean towards high end stuff in a somewhat hypebeastly manner that is often out of tune for most people's reality. In NT a good looking chick is busted...a non-Hemi version of a Charger is tragic, and any camera not named Canon 5D or better is trash. [/COLOR]

who said that?.....i dont think anyone on here EVER recommended a canon 5dmkiii to someone who has never shot with a dslr, quite the opposite actually.

one of the best shots ive seen posted on here, have you sharpen it up a bit?...i feel like it could benefit a bit from it, regardless, amazing shot, probably top 5 ive ever seen in here.

one from a family shoot i did over the weekend ive photographed the pregnancy, the newborn shots and now the 1yr, one thing i love about being a family photography is how loyal clients can be.... :pimp:

Thanks for the C & C, much appreciated as always. I'll look into sharpening it up a bit.

Ksteezy you have awesome work as well (clean)... Do you have any recommendations on where i should go to get some good quality prints (past experiences) ?

Last edited:

I just think you are wording it wrong. Getting better euipment isn't a hypebeast thing. It's more so a natural progression in photograghy. When you get an entry level camera and push it to its limits, you'll be craving for more and wanting to get better stuff. You just find out what type of photos you want to shoot, research it and find out that you need to get new gear. It's not always just the camera body but even lenses, flash, umbrellas, filters, etc. This hobby isn't for the light pockets but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy taking photos with limited equipment. Even for me, I have a 5D and an L-lens and yet was asked by my cousin to do shoot a baptism but had to turn him down cause I didn't have any flashes for shooting in low lit churches. Crazy to think with even what I have, you are limited in what you can shoot. It's just the nature of the art.

I just think you are wording it wrong. Getting better euipment isn't a hypebeast thing. It's more so a natural progression in photograghy. When you get an entry level camera and push it to its limits, you'll be craving for more and wanting to get better stuff. You just find out what type of photos you want to shoot, research it and find out that you need to get new gear. It's not always just the camera body but even lenses, flash, umbrellas, filters, etc. This hobby isn't for the light pockets but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy taking photos with limited equipment. Even for me, I have a 5D and an L-lens and yet was asked by my cousin to do shoot a baptism but had to turn him down cause I didn't have any flashes for shooting in low lit churches. Crazy to think with even what I have, you are limited in what you can shoot. It's just the nature of the art.

I completely agree. That's why homie needs to think long and hard a bout what he really wants to do with photography. Looking back at my purchases, I would've bought the D7000 and a 50mm over the D5100 kit. Little things add up fast.

[COLOR=#red]Here's the thing though...the essence of photography is independent of gear and kit. That concept escapes many. The true limits are usually self imposed. Does premium kit make a difference, sure it does...but a talented photog can get busy with almost any platform. Emphasis on the word true.[/COLOR]

@Steezy

Were you bumping up the levels of the uplighting to get that so purple?

Sidenote- I wanna go back in time and rock an outfit like the groom had on to my own wedding.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

HN5A7576 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

I totally agree with all the comments on this image. I love everything about it.

[COLOR=#red]As far as Mr. Diggs goes, I agree with the true photographer part. There is a bit of luck involved, like being in the right place at the right time. A lot can be learned as far as framing, composition, post processing, and lighting goes but you can't teach having an eye for certain shots. A bit of creativity goes a long way. I started with an entry level DSLR (T3I) and within a years time I purchased the 5DM2 just because I wanted to go full frame and I loved the image quality. I don't regret starting with the T3I because it did create some dope shots. I have since passed it to my fiance as a learning tool for her to learn with.[/COLOR]

ksteezy - great wedding images. The couple should love them. I'm getting married in September and the way you documented the wedding is something that I look for in my wedding photographer. The ring shoot looks like you used a macro lens maybe the 100mmL I'm guessing? Looks like you shot all day, I know some photographers charge by the hour and some offer packages like "an all day experience" either way, looks like you stayed busy. Great job.

HN5A7576 by J.Spookz, on Flickr

I totally agree with all the comments on this image. I love everything about it.

[COLOR=#red]As far as Mr. Diggs goes, I agree with the true photographer part. There is a bit of luck involved, like being in the right place at the right time. A lot can be learned as far as framing, composition, post processing, and lighting goes but you can't teach having an eye for certain shots. A bit of creativity goes a long way. I started with an entry level DSLR (T3I) and within a years time I purchased the 5DM2 just because I wanted to go full frame and I loved the image quality. I don't regret starting with the T3I because it did create some dope shots. I have since passed it to my fiance as a learning tool for her to learn with.[/COLOR]

ksteezy - great wedding images. The couple should love them. I'm getting married in September and the way you documented the wedding is something that I look for in my wedding photographer. The ring shoot looks like you used a macro lens maybe the 100mmL I'm guessing? Looks like you shot all day, I know some photographers charge by the hour and some offer packages like "an all day experience" either way, looks like you stayed busy. Great job.

Yeah bro, it was a 14 hour day for me...moved very fast though, specially at the reception...for that ring shot I actually used some Kenko extension tubes and the 50L...I used to rock the 100L in the passed, but it takes up too much space for a novelty lense...for what I do is literally used only for those ring shots, the ext tubes are more than enough, take up less space and a fraction of the price.

Thanks for the comments bro and good luck...bra you can hire me :wink:

@Steezy

Were you bumping up the levels of the uplighting to get that so purple?

Sidenote- I wanna go back in time and rock an outfit like the groom had on to my own wedding.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Get what so purple bro?...
The uplighting on the walls in that ballroom. It looks really saturated, I wasn't sure if you bumped it up in post production or if it just came out like that.

I cant copy the pics from your blog to give an example but I was talking about 2/3 down the page during the reception.

ohh got you, some of it is PP, but not much, most of it is just balancing and bouncing the flash the flash, shooting at around 2400-3200 ISO and pretty open, at no more than f2.0 f but generally staying at around 1.6....this allows for the camera to absorb as much ambient as possible, this is a bit harder to do with a zoom lense at f2.8 though....thats why i love primes....specially the 24L, shot the entire reception with it

That wedding had to have been crazy expensive... Everything down to the chairs in that ballroom look top notch.  We charge like $9 rental PER chair on Chiavari's that aren't even as nice as those.
laugh.gif

i dont really ask my clients how much they payed for their venue, but i know for sure that place is a pretty penny fam, a friend of mines is getting married there and opted out of that big room where this wedding was held, i think the starting rate per plate is about 120$.....so you do the math for a wedding of about 300 peeps. :lol:

my only problem with the hall, like many ballrooms ive been too its in the middle of nowhere....this one at least is by the water with the the view of two well known NY bridges, but thats about it....ballroom is beautiful on the inside though.

^^^^^Is that what you have? Well this is coming from a D90 owner and I just wasn't impressed with the D3100 but how is the D3100 supposed to be up there with a midrange. But please....if you can prove me wrong, that would would be awesome. My opinion on the matter is somewhat inaccurate. I had a Rebel XTi and just thought that was a good entry level for what it was. Just lacked low light features with ISO but for the most part, I loved that camera and using any other Rebel for that matter. On midrange cameras though, I would gladly go back to Nikon with the D7000 or the successor to that. To the expert crop frame, I would go with the Canon 7D and for pro level full frames, I would go with either or since most pro level cameras for the money seem to be good for what it is.

So there is no rhyme or reason to my camera logic. I can go Nikon or Canon depending on what I want.

Yea I have the D3100. I don't have any experience with other Nikons or Canons but you're right for midrange I'd go with the D7100. The sensor isn't the greatest on mine but for me it gets the job done since I'm still learning.

Back
Top Bottom