The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]My my my. My eyes were treated to Mass, nature, landscapes, architecture and good composition. Thank you 2morrowbegins[/COLOR]

Last edited:
This photo is sick. Just looks good with the mist in the background. Real amazon type stuff.

Where is this anyways?

Fong, That picture was shot at the top of the Giron Waterfalls in Ecuador. Took a 1 1/2 hr hike to get there. Thanks bro. It felt like the Amazons without the danger haha.

All of the shots i've submitted today were from my Cuenca, Ecuador trip.

ElderWatsonDiggs, Thanks for the comment. Much appreciated. 8)

Last edited:
I'm getting tired of going into downtown and snapping pics.

I need somewhere fresh. We should try to set up a shoot around in the LA area...

nerd.gif

This photo is sick. Just looks good with the mist in the background. Real amazon type stuff.

Where is this anyways?

one of the best shots ive seen posted on here, have you sharpen it up a bit?...i feel like it could benefit a bit from it, regardless, amazing shot, probably top 5 ive ever seen in here.

one from a family shoot i did over the weekend ive photographed the pregnancy, the newborn shots and now the 1yr, one thing i love about being a family photography is how loyal clients can be.... :pimp:

hey y'all.

First and foremost, dope pictures. You guys are definitely motivating me to get my cam asap! lol

I'm a noob when it comes to the SLR game, and a lurker in this thread, trying to get tips and other advice you pros.

So I've been saving up for an SLR cam and with the summer here - I'm motivated to purchase my first SLR cam.

I'm graduating from the good ol' point and shoot cam's to an SLR so I've been looking for some entry level cams that may give me a good start.

Canon t3 - I was looking at initially do to it being a basic cam and good starter SLR cam. It really has all the things I need, don't really mind the 720p HD video, as my main focus is to just take pics. I know it's a watered down model but I've been looking at the Canon t3i.

Canon t3i - obviously has better quality for video but has that swivel screen feature.

Now I need some advice from you guys. Disregarding price, should I go for the t3 model since I'm simply a rook? or should I just go ahead and purchase the t3i. Anyone with experience using both? Leaning towards the t3i, but NT always helps me out, so the more advice the better. One more thing, the Nikon D3100 is on sale for $399 CDN, which I think is a good buy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...92c611***b4b04544261bb4en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...dbe053d06a8bc8cc07cdfd9en02&SearchPageIndex=1

- t3 package sale. $469 CDN

Thanks in advance y'all! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
hey y'all.

First and foremost, dope pictures. You guys are definitely motivating me to get my cam asap! lol
I'm a noob when it comes to the SLR game, and a lurker in this thread, trying to get tips and other advice you pros.

So I've been saving up for an SLR cam and with the summer here - I'm motivated to purchase my first SLR cam.
I'm graduating from the good ol' point and shoot cam's to an SLR so I've been looking for some entry level cams that may give me a good start.

Canon t3 - I was looking at initially do to it being a basic cam and good starter SLR cam. It really has all the things I need, don't really mind the 720p HD video, as my main focus is to just take pics. I know it's a watered down model but I've been looking at the Canon t3i.

Canon t3i - obviously has better quality for video but has that swivel screen feature.

Now I need some advice from you guys. Disregarding price, should I go for the t3 model since I'm simply a rook? or should I just go ahead and purchase the t3i. Anyone with experience using both? Leaning towards the t3i, but NT always helps me out, so the more advice the better. One more thing, the Nikon D3100 is on sale for $399 CDN, which I think is a good buy.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...92c611***b4b04544261bb4en02&SearchPageIndex=1

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...dbe053d06a8bc8cc07cdfd9en02&SearchPageIndex=1
- t3 package sale. $469 CDN

Thanks in advance y'all! Keep up the good work!

I've said this before but I am not a huge fan of Nikon entry level cameras. I've messed with a d3100 at the time and I just thought it was super slow, even with a 35mm 1.8G on it. Plus the screen was so crappy and looking at pics to see if it was good is an eye soar.

IMO get the Canon T3i. The T3 is only 12mp and at least with the huge bump from the T3i that you could get some better image quality with the same sensor. If not the T3i, then even try and get the T2i. I think they were roughly the same minus maybe the video quality. Anything is better than that Nikon though. The only Nikons I would get are the D7000 and up.

I've said this before but I am not a huge fan of Nikon entry level cameras. I've messed with a d3100 at the time and I just thought it was super slow, even with a 35mm 1.8G on it. Plus the screen was so crappy and looking at pics to see if it was good is an eye soar.

IMO get the Canon T3i. The T3 is only 12mp and at least with the huge bump from the T3i that you could get some better image quality with the same sensor. If not the T3i, then even try and get the T2i. I think they were roughly the same minus maybe the video quality. Anything is better than that Nikon though. The only Nikons I would get are the D7000 and up.

Dang Fongstarr just bash my camera up like it's a piece of junk haha just kidding.

I got the D3100 a year ago as a starter camera and I've learned a lot since. It's a good entry level camera depending on what you want to do but I've never messed with canon so I can't speak for it. To be honest though I wish I would've gotten an entry level Canon now.

^^^^^Is that what you have? Well this is coming from a D90 owner and I just wasn't impressed with the D3100 but how is the D3100 supposed to be up there with a midrange. But please....if you can prove me wrong, that would would be awesome. My opinion on the matter is somewhat inaccurate. I had a Rebel XTi and just thought that was a good entry level for what it was. Just lacked low light features with ISO but for the most part, I loved that camera and using any other Rebel for that matter. On midrange cameras though, I would gladly go back to Nikon with the D7000 or the successor to that. To the expert crop frame, I would go with the Canon 7D and for pro level full frames, I would go with either or since most pro level cameras for the money seem to be good for what it is.

So there is no rhyme or reason to my camera logic. I can go Nikon or Canon depending on what I want.

If only Nikon could match up with Canons Primes, they would have the game on a chokehold...unfortunately for Nikon lovers, Canons primes >>>>>

I'd say this though D3X IMO >>>>> any canon body....that thing is a monster!...Nikons zooms I've always been a fan of...just recently canon steppe it up with the 70-200 II and the 24-70 II but still, Nikon >>>>

[COLOR=#red] Geesh, asking some of y'all about entry level cameras is like asking a man with a Ferrari LeFerrari his opinion about a 370Z :lol:

BTW I say this in all good fun, no shade[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red] Geesh, asking some of y'all about entry level cameras is like asking a man with a Ferrari LeFerrari his opinion about a 370Z :lol:

BTW I say this in all good fun, no shade[/COLOR]

Not really. It's really just comes down what camera is worth the money. Like I have no idea who would buy the T4i right now cause for the price, you would just get a 60D or a T3i. I just hate for someone to get the wrong camera cause Nikon and Canon have put out some crap DLSRs. Newer for digital is usually better but sometimes there are some exceptions. If there are some Nikon D90s still out there, I would even get that over the D3100. I think they go for a little under $700 and I think the D3100 is like $550. It would be worth saving the extra $150 to get the better camera imo.

I have a D5100. When I bought mine I actually was going to buy the D3100 but was sold on the swivel screen. My gf wanted to do make-up videos on Youtube, so I wanted something that would easily benefit us both. Than never developed and I am now in a position where I have outgrown some of the features on the D5100. I think that it's best to figure out your intentions and then research the cameras you want. Photography has many levels and I suggest having a better understanding of what the end goal is. I admit I harass ksteezy about photography haha but it's because his body of work is where I have set the bar as far as expectations of my own work when all is said and done. He uses Canon, I use Nikon, but with my research I know that the look and feel has little to do with the camera itself but more about your understanding of it and the style you develop. Bottom line is we can all enlighten but it really comes down to homie putting in that work, playing with the camera and just learning it inside and out. He will be surprised regardless of Nikon vs Canon.

Not really. It's really just comes down what camera is worth the money. Like I have no idea who would buy the T4i right now cause for the price, you would just get a 60D or a T3i. I just hate for someone to get the wrong camera cause Nikon and Canon have put out some crap DLSRs. Newer for digital is usually better but sometimes there are some exceptions. If there are some Nikon D90s still out there, I would even get that over the D3100. I think they go for a little under $700 and I think the D3100 is like $550. It would be worth saving the extra $150 to get the better camera imo.

I agree with not getting a crap camera. I def say don't go bottom of the line if you have some type of ambition as far as photography is concerned. He can even go refurb. I think there is just so much more to look at.

Back
Top Bottom