The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone see this yet? Retro full frame DSLR. In dumb way, I actually think it looks pretty cool. Wonder if they will do a medium format like that as well.

EDIT: For 3K, I would think people would just get a D800 instead. There is no way this thing is on par with the D800.

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/11/04/this-is-the-nikon-df.aspx/
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/11/04/nikon-df-body-only-price-2746-95.aspx/

I came in here seeing if anyone posted about this.

Idk man... I just love the retro look and feel of it. This is mirror-less correct?

Anyone see this yet? Retro full frame DSLR. In dumb way, I actually think it looks pretty cool. Wonder if they will do a medium format like that as well.

EDIT: For 3K, I would think people would just get a D800 instead. There is no way this thing is on par with the D800.

Nikon-Df-top.jpg
Nikon-Df-blakc-and-silver.jpg

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/11/04/this-is-the-nikon-df.aspx/
http://nikonrumors.com/2013/11/04/nikon-df-body-only-price-2746-95.aspx/

Same sensor as the D4 too.

^^^^Not even. Full frame DSLR in a retro body. Same sensor as the D4 but only 5.5fps. Seems like it has the good autofocus too with 39-point AF system. This one seems like a winner if people like the look. They say it's Nikon's thinnest and lightest camera. I guess that doesn't mean smallest though.

This looks pretty badass. I wonder if Canon would even do this in the future. I can see people switching over to Nikon just for the look alone.

Last edited:
^^^^Not even. Full frame DSLR in a retro body. Same sensor as the D4 but only 5.5fps. Seems like it has the good autofocus too with 39-point AF system. This one seems like a winner if people like the look. They say it's Nikon's thinnest and lightest camera. I guess that doesn't mean smallest though.

This looks pretty badass. I wonder if Canon would even do this in the future. I can see people switching over to Nikon just for the look alone.

i don't get the retro thing for cameras (or technology in general), i mean i guess the layout of all the dials & knobs might be familiar? and mechanical/tactile instead of menu based but it's weird to me that you'd make this high tech thing only to package it in this old timey form language, like that was/is the best solution...just seem not only unnecessary but also kind of cynical/dishonest design...

^^^^They are just feeding into the people that care for this stuff. Just like VW bringing back the Bug and adding a flower holder in the front. It's for those people of that generation that would give a damn about that. The Nikon FM2 film camera is still one of the best out there today. Nikon knows this new retro camera will grab those guys (hipsters, die hard film lovers or whatever you want to call them) attention. Even Fuji did it too with their medium format camera.

Yeah, I would just say it's pretty much for the nostalgia and "cool" factor.

I bet the Fujifilm X-Series cameras wouldn't do half as well as they have if they didn't look retro.

I absolutely love the FM2(n) cameras though. I would never get rid of mine. One of my grail cameras :lol:

Last edited:
^^Is that Yashica worth the hype that it gives? That's the Terry Richardson camera right?

I was just going to take a photos of all my cameras. I have a similar odd collection from a DSLR, mirrorless, film and polaroid camera. I guess my obsession is still there for photography but I'd literally kick my own nuts if I ever got into Hasselblads.

what lens do you guys think undft is using for their product photos ?

or what does it look like to you ...

is it a macro sort of lens to get that close up detail ?

also can i get this type of light with LED panels or should i get a flash studio setup ?

i have to get my product shots more studio .....

what lens do you guys think undft is using for their product photos ?

or what does it look like to you ...

is it a macro sort of lens to get that close up detail ?

also can i get this type of light with LED panels or should i get a flash studio setup ?

i have to get my product shots more studio .....
dunkahollik: Just about any decent glass can achieve those pics. A simple nifty fifty with a couple of flashes/strobes is all that you would need. Most studio shots like those are taking advantage of the camera's optimum settings, ISO 100, 1/200th, and F8 or F11 so you get all the detail that you want throughout the entire shot.

^^Is that Yashica worth the hype that it gives? That's the Terry Richardson camera right?

I was just going to take a photos of all my cameras. I have a similar odd collection from a DSLR, mirrorless, film and polaroid camera. I guess my obsession is still there for photography but I'd literally kick my own nuts if I ever got into Hasselblads.

Do it! Gear pics are dope.

But, yes. It's the camera that Terry Richardson made famous and I absolutely LOVE it. It's my go to camera for parties/nights of drinking haha. PIctures are sharp and they're easy to take.

dunkahollik: Just about any decent glass can achieve those pics. A simple nifty fifty with a couple of flashes/strobes is all that you would need. Most studio shots like those are taking advantage of the camera's optimum settings, ISO 100, 1/200th, and F8 or F11 so you get all the detail that you want throughout the entire shot.

I have been shooting my sneakers and learning different techniques. What I've noticed is the longer the lens the better the shot. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a 70-200.

What would you guys say a used t1i & 18-55 goes for in good condition?

Tried listing one at 350 and had no bites, now the same at 300......nothing......

It IS the first model but they don't really go for that cheap do they?

What would you guys say a used t1i & 18-55 goes for in good condition?

Tried listing one at 350 and had no bites, now the same at 300......nothing......

It IS the first model but they don't really go for that cheap do they?

I would say between 300 and 330 is a fair price as long is it comes with everything og. What's the shutter count? Any extras like an sd card?

I would say between 300 and 330 is a fair price as long is it comes with everything og. What's the shutter count? Any extras like an sd card?

Not sure on shutter count, would have to check. OG box/manuals/etc., standard sd card, extra battery also. Even had a nifty fifty included when it was listed at $350 but still nothing....

Maybe just bad luck....

Thanks though.

Crazy lineup there mjbetch.

^^^That second to the last one is dope. Perfect timing.

And call me late but I was wondering how and why that Nikon was cheap for having a D4 sensor and having everything else pretty decent. It has no video! The camera is strictly for shooting, which is pretty awesome actually. I've owned my Mark 2 for a year now and I don't think I have recorded one video. I almost wish Canon would make a strictly camera body.

Here are some pics I've taken this year:

Decided to bring my DSLR to Vegas for a change. The view from the Cosmo.

DTLA shooting.

[COLOR=#red]Gonna bring home the Zeiss fixed 50mm 1.4 tomorrow for pics of Dallas this weekend!! Price= $1500...for me $0 :smokin[/COLOR]

I want to by a dslr

I never had one before totally new to this

I did research and I may get one of the canon rebel t3

Is that good?

My price limit is 600

Back
Top Bottom