The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Honestly I think the D7100 is in another league compared to the T3i. The Nikon D5300 is more on par with the Canon Rebel series. Personally myself, I'd go with the D7000. It's cheaper now since the D7100 and honestly there are very similiar aside from some little things like some video options. If you are on budget then get the T3i. You can get them super cheap on Craigslist now since there is a T5i.

Hi guys,
Looking for some help. Im looking at buying a DSLR Camera and have Slimmed it down to the CANON 600D but im stuck on should i or do i need the twin lens kit? It adds a fair bit more too the price but if its worth it il do it. The only reason im buying it is for taking pics of sneakers on feet and off feet, i wouldnt think the camera would be further then 10Metres at a time usually from the sneaker. I also want to take advantage of Bokeh to the fullest. Anyone able to tell me if il need or even use the twin lens if purchased and if Bokeh wll be the same either way

Looking for some help. Im looking at buying a DSLR Camera and have Slimmed it down to the CANON 600D

The only reason im buying it is for taking pics of sneakers on feet and off feet

why not go with a lower model body and go all out on the lens/lenses?

If the primary use for the camera is to take pictures of shoes, that's what I would do.

why not go with a lower model body and go all out on the lens/lenses?

If the primary use for the camera is to take pictures of shoes, that's what I would do.

Im a beginner so i dont know lol. You tell me, what would you suggest? I like Canons 600d's clarity n features is why i chose that

Hi guys,
Looking for some help. Im looking at buying a DSLR Camera and have Slimmed it down to the CANON 600D but im stuck on should i or do i need the twin lens kit? It adds a fair bit more too the price but if its worth it il do it. The only reason im buying it is for taking pics of sneakers on feet and off feet, i wouldnt think the camera would be further then 10Metres at a time usually from the sneaker. I also want to take advantage of Bokeh to the fullest. Anyone able to tell me if il need or even use the twin lens if purchased and if Bokeh wll be the same either way

Well if it is bokeh that you want to achieve, then throw those kit lenses out the door. Just get the body of the T3i and pick up a Canon 50mm 1.8 that will run you about a $100. Only bad thing is if you are shooting yourself, you'd have to put the camera on a tripod or lay it down on the ground.

Here are sample pics of exactly what'd you'd get:

http://www.pixel-peeper.com/adv/?le...&iso_max=none&exp_min=none&exp_max=none&res=3

Well if it is bokeh that you want to achieve, then throw those kit lenses out the door. Just get the body of the T3i and pick up a Canon 50mm 1.8 that will run you about a $100. Only bad thing is if you are shooting yourself, you'd have to put the camera on a tripod or lay it down on the ground.

Here are sample pics of exactly what'd you'd get:

http://www.pixel-peeper.com/adv/?le...&iso_max=none&exp_min=none&exp_max=none&res=3

Sweet thanks man. Il have a read.
So just go the 600d body and purchase a 50mm 1.8? Or that the lens that comes with the Body?
Sorry if my questions are stupid, i havnt purchased a DSLR before

Last edited:
^^^^I mean there are a lot of factors but the lens is what mostly makes the difference in clarity unless it is doing night shots. That 50mm is sharp though. Don't let the price fool you cause it's still one of the better lenses out there. It's just built like a toy since it is all plastic. Only thing people don't like about it is cause it is a prime and you can't zoom into things. If this is your first time shooting a DSLR, you'll get pretty frustrated cause that 50mm doesn't open a lot of options to shoot wide things.

And yes, the T3i has a timer.

^^^^I mean there are a lot of factors but the lens is what mostly makes the difference in clarity unless it is doing night shots. That 50mm is sharp though. Don't let the price fool you cause it's still one of the better lenses out there. It's just built like a toy since it is all plastic. Only thing people don't like about it is cause it is a prime and you can't zoom into things. If this is your first time shooting a DSLR, you'll get pretty frustrated cause that 50mm doesn't open a lot of options to shoot wide things.

And yes, the T3i has a timer.

Thanks, appreciate the help.
Yeh i def want the abilitie to zoom, itd be needed. And there would be night shots used with this as well.
Only reason i was looking at the 600d, comes with the portable flash and has a 18-50 focal length yeh? some zooming only about 3x?

Those kept on popping up in my search.
Which one do you like the most out of the two?

Well, I'm kinda partial to the D7000 since I've been shooting with Nikon all my life. Don't really have much experience with the T3i. I can tell you though, that the build quality on the D7000 is great. Image quality is great too. All depends on what lenses you want and just preference really

^ Great work as usual man!

Few more here

For anyone interested Amazon looks to be having a lightening deal on 16GB eye-fi mobi card at 5:29am PST and Manfrotto tripod kit at 8:59am PST

Sweet thanks man. Il have a read.
So just go the 600d body and purchase a 50mm 1.8? Or that the lens that comes with the Body?
Sorry if my questions are stupid, i havnt purchased a DSLR before

[COLOR=#red]I know it's easier to ask someone else, but I highly suggest you do your own research on DSLRs, the different manufacturers and models, and shooting techniques, and the various lens offerings.

This way you can be assured that your decision was based off of your preferences and what you ultimately want to do with your camera and not based off the preferences/biases of others. Also as far as price goes DSLRs definitely fall into the concept of diminishing returns...meaning after a certain level of capability the price goes up in a non-linear relationship to performance.

After reading through the responses you've received to your question so far I'd say this is the best advice. Cheers.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I know it's easier to ask someone else, but I highly suggest you do your own research on DSLRs, the different manufacturers and models, and shooting techniques, and the various lens offerings.

This way you can be assured that your decision was based off of your preferences and what you ultimately want to do with your camera and not based off the preferences/biases of others. Also as far as price goes DSLRs definitely fall into the concept of diminishing returns...meaning after a certain level of capability the price goes up in a non-linear relationship to performance.

After reading through the responses you've received to your question so far I'd say this is the best advice. Cheers.[/COLOR]

Thanks man. I will continue doing that.
Guess i was just after some simple educating pointers as i dont know the simple stuff **** does what etc. i got the eye for it but never used a DSLR for it only a digi

Thanks man. I will continue doing that.
Guess i was just after some simple educating pointers as i dont know the simple stuff **** does what etc. i got the eye for it but never used a DSLR for it only a digi

[COLOR=#red]hey no problem...also you can do a Google search for DSLR simulator. There are various free DSLR sims that help you to learn the relationship between aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. They usually have a sample picture in which you can manipulate the aperture, ISO, and shutter to simulate their effect on an image.

[/COLOR]

I can't believe how expensive Mobi cards are even after a sale. I just feel like in a year, those types of cards will be so much cheaper then now.

Back
Top Bottom