The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

[COLOR=#red]hey no problem...also you can do a Google search for DSLR simulator. There are various free DSLR sims that help you to learn the relationship between aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. They usually have a sample picture in which you can manipulate the aperture, ISO, and shutter to simulate their effect on an image.

[/COLOR]

That is amazing, never thought too google that. Thats half of my decision making sorted in there. Thanks, repped!

How much are you seeing thm go for?

Normal price. I didn't see that sale price on Amazon but even Amazon has a 16gb for $70 when they sell for $80 on Mobi's site.

Anyone got experience with Yongnuo flashes? I am almost about to pull the trigger on getting two of them since they are so cheap. So far nothing but positive reviews but wondering if anyone wants to shed some light.

Damn Fong. I got one on eBay for 30 bucks about a month ago.

FYI peeps

Damn Fong. I got one on eBay for 30 bucks about a month ago.

FYI peeps

Perfect! I actually need a bigger bag when I go to Iceland in January. My sling just won't cut the hiking there and need general backpack. I might get the pro pack depending on the price.

Anyone got experience with Yongnuo flashes? I am almost about to pull the trigger on getting two of them since they are so cheap. So far nothing but positive reviews but wondering if anyone wants to shed some light.

I have a YN560 II paired with my SB-910. I actually use it more than my Nikon. Part of the reason is because it doesn't have TTL and I've been working off camera. I would rather put a $70 flash in the line of fire than one that cost $550. I heard somewhere that your lighting money should be dedicated to modifiers rather than light sources. I say bite the bullet, test it out, and if anything you lost $70 vs. a couple hundred.

I have a YN560 II paired with my SB-910. I actually use it more than my Nikon. Part of the reason is because it doesn't have TTL and I've been working off camera. I would rather put a $70 flash in the line of fire than one that cost $550. I heard somewhere that your lighting money should be dedicated to modifiers rather than light sources. I say bite the bullet, test it out, and if anything you lost $70 vs. a couple hundred.

They even have a YN560 III now and they said it's even better then the II. Sounds too good to be true for whatever reason. Only thing I've heard is the flash sometimes just breaks out of no where. I am not doing any crazy studio work. Just want to carry a small off flash setup with me for random things reason when I am out and about.

They even have a YN560 III now and they said it's even better then the II. Sounds too good to be true for whatever reason. Only thing I've heard is the flash sometimes just breaks out of no where. I am not doing any crazy studio work. Just want to carry a small off flash setup with me for random things reason when I am out and about.

At that point it's still a great option. Probably makes it a great option. I use mine for everything considering I have a D5100 so my light sensitivity isn't the best haha. Honestly, since I've learned to use manual flash I haven't used my AlienBees. I hope to soon, but for what I've been doing the YN 560II has been more than fine.

I picked up a 560 III on Wednesday. So far I've only played around with it in the house, but from what I've seen so far I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner. Seems like a quality product too from what I can tell

I picked up a 560 III on Wednesday. So far I've only played around with it in the house, but from what I've seen so far I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner. Seems like a quality product too from what I can tell

Are you doing off flash shooting? What kind of trigger are you using?

I feel like such a noob about this. I guess you have to buy some sort of bracket to put on a stand or tripod. Honestly for whatever reason I was thinking you could just put it on a tripod like a camera.

Are you doing off flash shooting? What kind of trigger are you using?

I feel like such a noob about this. I guess you have to buy some sort of bracket to put on a stand or tripod. Honestly for whatever reason I was thinking you could just put it on a tripod like a camera.

For now I'm just using it off camera in slave mode, haven't picked up a trigger yet but will probably get a set of RF603s. It comes with a little plastic stand so you can set it on bookshelves or whatever and aim it as you see fit.

I'm planning on getting a stand, soft box and umbrella in the next couple weeks. It looks like it'll be really easy to go overboard on flash accessories and modifiers though so I'm trying to stay put until I find out what I'll really use.

*edit*

Just took a look at the plastic stand, it has a tripod mount on the bottom of it. Granted its plastic and cheap, but it'd get the job done.

Last edited:
started following a handful of y'all on IG. Drop your IG name here, so I can follow all of yall.

Here's mine: C1908Flicks :pimp: lol

Some pics of my trip to the DMZ and Busan a few months ago.  Peace.

Last edited:
My off camera flash setup is a micro stand from adorama and a westcott umbrella. I believe they were $30-$35 each. An umbrella bracket is needed to hold the flash and umbrella on the stand. I believe I paid $15. Rf-603 from yongnuo to trigger the flash for $30. My ig is jabbarwhitephoto and everything is speedlight flash if a flash was used. Id like to get some softboxes because the umbrella lets light go everywhere. Softboxes will help my direction. Once i get my money right i will buy some pocket wizards because i just want them haha

grizzlyboy grizzlyboy good looks on that incase sale. I'll probably hit it up again this time around. Last time I was able to pick up that ARI bag for 100. It's pretty much my daily bag now.

My off camera flash setup is a micro stand from adorama and a westcott umbrella. I believe they were $30-$35 each. An umbrella bracket is needed to hold the flash and umbrella on the stand. I believe I paid $15. Rf-603 from yongnuo to trigger the flash for $30. My ig is jabbarwhitephoto and everything is speedlight flash if a flash was used. Id like to get some softboxes because the umbrella lets light go everywhere. Softboxes will help my direction. Once i get my money right i will buy some pocket wizards because i just want them haha
I have a few 603s as well since I was on a budget when starting with the lighting setups and quite honestly they have only misfired on me once and it ended up being that the batteries were low.

I stopped using the wescott umbrellas immediately after I got some octoboxes from eBay. Without the difusers they put out some harsher light because of the silver reflectors inside but with the diffuser it looks fine in my opinion. (There was a comparison review on Flickr somewhere that sold me on the knock off octoboxes)

One day I'll upgrade to PocketWizards but in the meantime shooting in my home studio, the Yongnuo's do the job perfectly.

I know I just bought the befree, but my local camera shop had the 055xprob for sale. $75 off. Let me know if you guys are interested and I'll send you the link. It ends in a couple days I think.

Retail for $199. Got mine for $125.

befree for travel. 055xprob for studio/portrait work.

I know I just bought the befree, but my local camera shop had the 055xprob for sale. $75 off. Let me know if you guys are interested and I'll send you the link. It ends in a couple days I think.

Retail for $199. Got mine for $125.

befree for travel. 055xprob for studio/portrait work.

Holla with that link homie!

Sup guys. Been lurking this thread for a while. Just bought a D3200 back in August. Just wondering if you guys could tell me what I could do better. Would appreciate it!!

Last edited:
It won't let me post the image since I'm on my phone, but go to ephotocraft.com and then select the tripod and put it in your cart. Check out, and in the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS field, not promo code, type in "expo13" and continue checkout. It won't show the price drop until they process the order

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom