The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone have tips with the iphone? Planning on shooting food and scenery for fun with it. Did my research and downloaded vscocam based off what I've read.

Last edited:
Day after my sister had her daughter last week. Couldn't get that creamy newborn look so I went b&w. I'll have plenty of time to get it right now. Wish I didnt cut off her friend's hair in the 2nd pic, lol

DSC00512 by 305Flash, on Flickr

DSC00495 by 305Flash, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is the one. Thanks man! It may be too late for my trip but I'll get it by months end.

No prob. Figured that you wanted something a bit longer than your kit lens. This will replace it for you and you can use your 50mm when you don't need all of that zoom. If you intend to upgrade to a full frame down the road, I guess the hit wasn't as bad as it could be.

No prob. Figured that you wanted something a bit longer than your kit lens. This will replace it for you and you can use your 50mm when you don't need all of that zoom. If you intend to upgrade to a full frame down the road, I guess the hit wasn't as bad as it could be.

It will be a long while before I think of going full frame and even then, I may switch to Canon. I first shot with a 5D an ex had so I got used to that. Scooped the D3200 because it was pretty reasonably priced and was equal to the T5/5i per DPReview.

hey guys I was looking for a good point and shoot camera for mainly concert photos. I dnt know really anything about camera so I'm hoping you guys can help me. Based of googling so far I see SonyRX100 , Canon S120 and Samsung Galaxy 2. Any Suggestions?

Last edited:
hey guys I was looking for a good point and shoot camera for mainly concert photos. I dnt know really anything about camera so I'm hoping you guys can help me. Based of googling so far I see SonyRX100 , Canon S120 and Samsung Galaxy 2. Any Suggestions?
Sony RX100 1 - 3 should be a little more than enough to handle the job

Last edited:
Sony RX100 1 - 3 should be a little more than enough to handle the job
how does the RX100 1 fare against the 2 or 3? I'm contemplating purchasing one to carry around on my trips ... I don't like to log around a FF with lens ... That's tiresome.

how does the RX100 1 fare against the 2 or 3? I'm contemplating purchasing one to carry around on my trips ... I don't like to log around a FF with lens ... That's tiresome.
well after quick search to refresh myself i would say the RX100 3 might work out better for concert photos than the first 2 (They tweaked the lowlight performance)

edit: although my favorite comparison site says go with the first http://snapsort.com/compare/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-III-vs-Sony-Cybershot-DSC-RX100

Last edited:
Any Videographers here? I am shooting a wedding on the 31st and the couple is looking. Please be about your business. A fellow NTer seems to not want the money.

In regards.. Do most couples hire both a photographer and a videographer? I thought the video side of it went out in the 90s.

Not even. If any, it's back with vengeance. Pretty decent money if you have all the equipment and computer stuff out of the way.

Any Videographers here? I am shooting a wedding on the 31st and the couple is looking. Please be about your business. A fellow NTer seems to not want the money.

I got buddies that does it. The day I shot my buddies wedding, another friend did the video. I don't know the technical aspects of shooting video but I will say have as many shots and angles as you can. Even have second angles with a different camera/lens on a tripod. It does wonders when you edit it all together. Think of it as a movie and how a scene has so many different cuts and angles. I think the more the merrier.

Also if you are shooting while walking, IS very helpful. Get a long lens and wide if you can. Tripods and monopods are handy as well and if you can get mics, that is a plus too.

Here are two videos of examples of what my friend does.

https://vimeo.com/phillip/videos

Last edited:
Lol, I guess that was a stupid question. . I've been seening quite a few artistic wedding vids lately, different camera angles, slow panning, etc.. although my boy paid quite a lot for a recording of his wedding that looks like it was shot in 1995. I feel bad knowing I could've done a trillion times better.

[thread="223538"]Quote:[/thread]

well after quick search to refresh myself i would say the RX100 3 might work out better for concert photos than the first 2 (They tweaked the lowlight performance)

edit: although my favorite comparison site says go with the first http://snapsort.com/compare/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-III-vs-Sony-Cybershot-DSC-RX100

save yourself some guap & get the rx100 I, unless you really want the faster aperture on the long end of the focal range (which while considerably faster on the III, -2.8 vs. 4.5, the III only zooms to 70mm while i think both the I & II extend out to somewhere over 100mm+) they all very pretty lauded for their image quality, the II has some hotshoe functionality, while the III has the cool pop-up evf...you could also rock with an nex 3n wich is about the same size and has an aps-c sensor the lens(es) are of course bigger though...

Back
Top Bottom