The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I already got two speedlights and just want to utilize what I have rather than buying a strobe. I figure to start off doing off flash shoot as sun down and work my way to daylight shooting later.

I already got two speedlights and just want to utilize what I have rather than buying a strobe. I figure to start off doing off flash shoot as sun down and work my way to daylight shooting later.

Don't have to shoot at dusk. Find a shaded area to put your subject in, expose for the background and let the flash expose the subject. I,ve done it with one speedlight in the early afternoon.

I also just got a yungnuo 565 5 hat I want to use wirelessly. Would the Westcott octos work with that as well as a strobe??

Ok. Gotcha. It will work fine with that. It's constructed as an umbrella for portability and ease of use, so you just mount it on your umbrella bracket. The AB800 has a hole on the top of the strobe to mount an umbrella, and that is how you mount it onto that. I,ve use my Apollo on both.

Can't wait till I get my new flash

Yeah, the lighting is kind of bad on those. Not sure if that location has a spotlight above that you could play off of.

I like the concept of the skyline photos, just would prefer them closer to the city.

Yeah, the lighting is kind of bad on those. Not sure if that location has a spotlight above that you could play off of.

I like the concept of the skyline photos, just would prefer them closer to the city.
It was my first time trying a skyline shot, I was actually pretty lost during the PP to bring out a better result. I have been trying to find a good spot around Ft Worth for a good shot, guess I better keep looking. Still want to do some portaits up there tho
Definitely need a flash of some sort bounced off the ceiling.
Had to use my on-camera flash last night. didn't want the flash to be to over bearing

How dark was that room? Looks like it was only lit up by that light on the wall. Can your gear perform well in low light without flash? I'd try just using a larger aperture and cranking up the ISO to see what it yields. I don't really use the built-in flash for anything, but I think there are ways to modify it with a rubber and a piece of paper to bounce/diffuse it.

How dark was that room? Looks like it was only lit up by that light on the wall. Can your gear perform well in low light without flash? I'd try just using a larger aperture and cranking up the ISO to see what it yields. I don't really use the built-in flash for anything, but I think there are ways to modify it with a rubber and a piece of paper to bounce/diffuse it.
the room wasn't much darker than the photos, i could have dropped my aperture down to 1.8 and increased the ISO but i hate noisy photos which is why I prefer using the OCF. I've heard of some of the DIY things you can do with coffe filters and such but didn't have access to that stuff so I hoped for the best.

In fact last night my OCF was too powerful even turned all the down so I had to close my aperture to reduce the amount of light. I think these were shot at 8 or 9

Here is a mid day direct sun on white foamcore technique that I enjoy shooting from time to time. More on my IG in the sig. All pics shot with a D800.

Repped. Already follow you on IG. I'm in the Atlanta area as well, it would be cool to link up and shoot.

One more shot from my last shoot.

Last edited:
I would've shot at f4 at the lowest, preferably 2.8.

If your camera doesn't handle high ISO well, then there is no other choice then to use flash.
shooting that open blew out the photos. I usually don't shoot that closed up but since I was using flash i had to

i wouldn't say that my D7100 doesn't handle it well, I just don't like any noise in my pictures

OFF SUBJECT SLIGHTLY...

TO ALL THE FLICKR USERS....

HOW THE HELL DO YOU POST FROM FLICKR TO NT??? I TRIED TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT IM A TAD BIT SLOW. LOL!!!

Go to the photo you want to share.

On the bottom right there should be an arrow looking button. Click it, and a small box should pop up. Copy the html code and paste it.

Last edited:
Go to the photo you want to share.

On the bottom right there should be an arrow looking button. Click it, and a small box should pop up. Copy the html code and paste it.

THANKS FAM.

OH IS THAT ON MOBILE OR FROM A LAPTOP/DESKTOP?

Last edited:
messing around in lightroom (first time)
a photo from my wedding, the photographer used a nikon d3200.
is the editing process all a matter of preference? i like the richer colors
compared to his edits.

Back
Top Bottom