The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

So I try to connect my canon t3i to my tv and when I do, it is very slow. What I mean by that is whenever I take a photo or push the record button or even hit the menu screen on my camera, the tv projection will turn black for five seconds or so, and then it will complete the action that I tried to perform on the camera. I'm using an Amazon hdmi cord which I just got two days ago. I'm curious, does anyone else experience this or know why this is happening? Do I have a bad cord, or is my tv too old?

Example

I think that's how most cameras respond to photos taken in live view or tethered captures. My cam does that when I'm using live view either wireless with my adapter or wired to my laptop through LR or my phone via OTG adapter

But that's video recording instead of capture. Live view video recording shouldn't have delay

Well guys I crossed over from Canon and I am now a Nikonite.

Traded my 70D and some equipment to Buy the D610. I was looking at the 6D but after careful research I just felt that the features of the 6D doesn't justify its price and the D610 offered more of what I wanted.

Now I need to cop that 28mm 1.8

Last edited:

Traded my 70D and some equipment to Buy the D610. I was looking at the 6D but after careful research I just felt that the features of the 6D doesn't justify its price and the D610 offered more of what I wanted.

I have the 28mm 1.8. I think you should also grab the 50 1.8 since its like 200. since i upgraded to full frame my 50 has been on 95% of the time. What do you shoot?

I have the 28mm 1.8. I think you should also grab the 50 1.8 since its like 200. since i upgraded to full frame my 50 has been on 95% of the time. What do you shoot?
candid and street. I'd like to try portraits

Yea i heard that as well. The 85mm is definitely on the list of lens

i'm looking at: 28mm, 50mm, and 85mm

That's my lineup. Just got a d810 about a week ago *shmoney dance*. I built my lineup with the 50mm first, then the 85 when nikon had the $100 off sale and then the 28mm when they had the sale again. they are waaaaaay different on fx vs dx cameras. I havent done a shoot yet with the new camera but my 85 was my go to lens on portrait shoots. honestly the 50 would be a better lens over the 28 in my opinion because it might be too far for candid shots unless youre right up in there. ksteezy shoots a 24 at weddings and i imagine it can get like walmart opening its doors on black friday haha

I would like to know this too. I heard Nikon D3200 is a good one, but would like to know from people on here who may know more when it comes to camera.
As a D3200 shooter I can say that it is an awesome entry-level camera, especially for the price. Like I said in my previous post, I think you should get the "best" camera that fits your budget. I do find myself wanting a more advanced camera nowadays but not because my D3200 is obsolete by any means. I feel like that's just the way it goes with tech, you always want to jump to the bigger and better things (or maybe that's just me). I'm a casual shooter so I personally can't justify making the jump to full-frame or even a higher-end APS-C. Maybe down the line I'll upgrade but for now I'm completely content with what I have. If anything I'll pick up some lenses. I feel like a lot of people that buy the entry-level DSLRs stick to the kit lens that comes with it and don't venture outside of that. Whatever camera you do end up buying I advise you to look at some lenses too. 

@chr1s2394

I actually bought the same kit for just under $500 on Black Friday last year. Honestly, you can probably find a better deal. And if it's in your price range, I'd look out for deals on the D5300 as well. It has built in Wi-Fi capabilities and that could be useful to you. 

Do you have a budget? In my opinion you should buy the best camera that your budget allows. Another big factor is what you intend to do with it. Do you want to go mirrorless or DSLR?

This. Any cam you get you're gonna have to learn how to use it.

I actually bought the same kit for just under $500 on Black Friday last year...
I'm actually planning on buying one on Black Friday next week. Seen it for $450 so will probably give it a shot. Also planning on buying the WU-!A Adapter to hook up to my iPhone. Which one would you recommend from both cameras ?

chr1s2394 chr1s2394
http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D3200-vs-Nikon-D5300
I find that site pretty useful in comparing cameras. The D5300 naturally has a better set of features but of course it comes at a higher price. Only you can determine if the extra money is worth it.

I actually have the WU-1a adapter too and honestly, its capabilities are pretty limited. I only use it to transfer pictures to my phone because the shooting mode is lackluster. You get a live view yes but as far as I know you can't change any settings and I don't think it works for video.

Back
Top Bottom