The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Speaking of adapters, does anyone with an a6000 use an LAEA2 or LAEA4? I know the later is recent and designed to allow full frame lenses. I only plan on using crop sensor a mount lens on the a6000 so I'm leaning towards the laea2 since I can find it cheaper used. Just wanted to know if the newer one provided any additional benefits.

the newer of the 2 adapters actually has a mirror mechanism, like a traditional dslr but adds quite a bit of bulk to the camera though in reviews i've seen of the laea4 it focuses a mount lenses WAAAAAAYYYYY faster than the laea2 (the additional benefit is that it basically has its own af system), which i have but never use because; more because of the added size than the slow af, but it is hella slow...

I'm going to personally research but I'm curious if anybody in here has used an Altura brand flash?

Looking at a 2 flash 2 trigger set on Amazon for 180.
There's also a Neewer set for 150,but once again just wanted to see if you guys have any personal experience with these flashes

Pretty much the only thread I check on here.

Some random stuff from the last few weeks.

Last shot was messing around with a Leica M240 and shooting at f 1.0. Not easy during sparring, lol.

^^^^^Sick Muscle! That 4th one is sick. Nice blacks in there. How do you like that M240? Worth the price?

^^^^^Sick Muscle! That 4th one is sick. Nice blacks in there. How do you like that M240? Worth the price?
Lovely camera, but I couldn't justify the purchase. I wanted a Monochrom for Europe next year, but I'll just stick with the Fuji x100s. My bank account will thank me.

Anyone know any good trustworthy group or site I could sell a 70-200mm F/2.8g Nikkor lens by the 10th? (Rent due & balance is $32 :D) PM me if you do. Would appreciate it.

I was going to sell them anyway to just get the cheaper version since I don't have the money to shoot the events I want anymore. I've seen my two favorite baseball teams win the World Series twice now and each time I was 1-2 hours from ATT park or Fenway and it was really depressing and I don't know what this has to do with anything but I'm really sad I didn't get to shoot both events. So here's another question, what event did any of you not go to because of money or other reasons that you can't stop thinking about? I missed the World Series THREE TIMES IN A ROW now although for the 2012 games I wasn't home but I didn't go to the parade because I was so sad and I regretted that too.

Last edited:
i need help producing sharper images

ive had professional pictures taken that when zoomed in on the image the detail is still crisp

i have a Nikon L330 that after reviewing the pictures when i zoom in the detail is fuzzy

the pictures i took last night was in a very well lit civic center, with my ISO set to 80

the only thing i could think of was my exposure setting? or possibly aperture?
but i couldnt find a setting for these

well the exposure had a +/- but thats it

any ideas?

Anyone know any good trustworthy group or site I could sell a 70-200mm F/2.8g Nikkor lens by the 10th? (Rent due & balance is $32 :D) PM me if you do. Would appreciate it.

I was going to sell them anyway to just get the cheaper version since I don't have the money to shoot the events I want anymore. I've seen my two favorite baseball teams win the World Series twice now and each time I was 1-2 hours from ATT park or Fenway and it was really depressing and I don't know what this has to do with anything but I'm really sad I didn't get to shoot both events. So here's another question, what event did any of you not go to because of money or other reasons that you can't stop thinking about? I missed the World Series THREE TIMES IN A ROW now although for the 2012 games I wasn't home but I didn't go to the parade because I was so sad and I regretted that too.

Check pm

ive had professional pictures taken that when zoomed in on the image the detail is still crisp

i have a Nikon L330 that after reviewing the pictures when i zoom in the detail is fuzzy

the pictures i took last night was in a very well lit civic center, with my ISO set to 80

any ideas?

Could be aperture or focus settings. with the aperture to wide open the amount that is in focus will be small and if you have the focus on AUTO the camera may focus on something other than what you intended. shutter speed also if there was motion

I skipped seeing Drake and Kendrick when they came to my school a couple of years ago. Probably some more I can't remember

I've noticed a lot of people taking night shots of city's, where theeir pictures are extremely colorful - purples, blues, pinks, etc ... I pretty sure it's done PP, but was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for it.

Last edited:

any ideas?

iso 80 sounds mad low, even for well lit situations...what lens & what was your shutter speed looking like? it is so easy to introduce i bit of jitter if your shutter speed is too slow...

I've noticed a lot of people taking night shots of city's, where theeir pictures are extremely colorful - purples, blues, pinks, etc ... I know it's done PP, but was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for it.

got an example? generally you can do things like using graduated filters for saturation, hue, and/or a specific color(s)..there so many different ways edit, if you have an image in mind some one here could probably point you in the right direction

loosies:

aisle isle by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

bean there, done that by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

split by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Sure, here are some examples.

Using nikk_la's pics cause that's the easiest one for me to find right now. I'm not trying to go for the exact look, but I do want to learn more about post processing - and I'm pretty sure these are done PP, unless my memory

10809507_313514218859507_968833128_n.jpg

10832043_1512437209021756_135119040_n.jpg

10838842_761687303902872_1694690484_n.jpg

Is this just coloring filters + HDR?

Back
Top Bottom