The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

some more from the mamiya 7ii.

^^^^How'd you shoot that Lance and Boston photo? Frosty's eyes looking crazy.

i work with oakley on special projects for skateboarding related stuff which eric is a part of as a member of the team. i do photo exhibits, too, as a curator and producer. i am producing one that lance is curating in celebration of eric, so we were at his house working on some stuff for it so i shot some portraits of the two on my mamiya.

i work with oakley on special projects for skateboarding related stuff which eric is a part of as a member of the team. i do photo exhibits, too, as a curator and producer. i am producing one that lance is curating in celebration of eric, so we were at his house working on some stuff for it so i shot some portraits of the two on my mamiya.

Very cool. Totally wish I could work in the skate industry in some sort of way. Must be nice meeting all these guys in such a candid setting.

I see you NYCKONE! Gonna check out one of my schools Mamiyas and shoot a roll with it before the semester is over.

I've been gone for a minute... ****** up my Mark II and just decided to upgrade to the III.

All these are shot with the cheap 50mm 1.8 or a 28mm 2.8

I dropped my 35L when my Mark II was still working and i have yet to get it fixed. 

I'll either get my 35L fixed or just cop that 50mm 1.4 ... my homie pictured in the 4th image has it paired with a 6D and that thing is tack sharp!

Some old 35mm scans...

LAST FRIDAY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE GOT KILLED IN A HOME INVASION. HE WAS BIG ON KICKS, BIGGER THAN ME.

SO I GET A RANDOM CALL LAST NIGHT FROM MY TATTOO ARTIST(HE NEVER CALLS UNLESS ITS SOMETHING MAJOR) AND HE WAS ASKING FOR A FAVOR.

HE SAID IM WORKING ON A PORTRAIT AND I NEED YOU TAKE A PIC WITH YOUR CONCORDS ON IN THIS PARTICULAR POSE.... NOW I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT ABOUT MY HOMIE BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME ARTIST, BUT HE NEVER SAID DIRECTLY WHAT WAS GOING TO BE IN THE PORTRAIT(HE'S SECRETIVE LIKE THAT) BUT I HAD A FEELING WHAT IT WAS GOING TO PORTRAY.

WHEN I GOT DOWN TO TAKE THE PICTURE, A STRANGE FEELING CAME OVER ME BUT AT THE SAME TIME I WAS THINKING, THIS IS FOR JO, IM GOING TO DO IT.

SO I FIGURED I'D SHARE IT WITH THE NT FAM EXCLUSIVELY.

ALL COMMENTS WELCOMED.

Shot thanksgiving morning here in So Cal using a Canon 7D + Tokina 11-16 F2.8 + Canon 580EX II + Aquatech Water Housing + Aquatech Strike 580EX II housing.

Shot about 6:05am

Waverder.......since you shoot this stuff, I am sure you might know of Clark Little but if not, then this is right up your alley:

It's a good start. If you want to Dave a little money and f the older rebels are a good option .

T5i is $900 brand new. I was checking CL the other day and people are selling Mark 2s for about that price. I would rather get a used Mark 2 than a T5i imo. I need to sell my god damn Mark 2 already. Not trying to make this into a buy/sell thread but I really do need to get rid of it.

For all of us with pics on Flickr:
How to stop Yahoo from cashing in on your Flickr images 

If you post Flickr images with a commercial-use creative commons license, Yahoo has a little surprise: it will soon be free to sell them and keep all the money. It recently decided to peddle canvas prints of selected photos for up to $50, taking 100 percent of the revenue from creative commons users who permit free use of their images. That contrasts with a recent decision it made to give select users with non-commercial-use licenses 51 percent of sales for the same "Wall Art" collections. The new policy has made many of the site's devotees upset -- especially pro account users -- who say that while they're fine with third-party companies using their photos, they're not fine at all with Flickr itself selling them for profit.
Though Yahoo isn't breaking any laws, some feel it has broken the circle of trust with its large community of photographers. Flickr co-founder Stewart Butterfield told the WSJ that "it's hard to imagine the revenue from selling prints will cover the cost of lost goodwill." There is something that artists can do to stop Yahoo from using their work: switch the creative commons license to deny commercial use. Unfortunately, such a scorched-earth approach would also heavily reduce the supply of photos available to other businesses or non-profit groups.

Last edited:
Brah's, hope everyone is doing well.

I had a question about lenses.

I have a Sony RX100 and wanted to buy a polarizer lense for it. The 2 sizes i'm looking at right now are a 36mm and a 42mm.

Can someone tell me the difference between them? What makes a 36mm different from a 42mm?

Do you get better distance with a 42mm?

Thanks!

:pimp:

I have a Sony RX100 and wanted to buy a polarizer lense for it. The 2 sizes i'm looking at right now are a 36mm and a 42mm.

Can someone tell me the difference between them? What makes a 36mm different from a 42mm?

Thanks!

1) That's just the filter size. If the front glass has a larger diameter it would require a larger filter. The size needed is usually marked on back of the lens cap or on the front element of the lens somewhere.

2) I don't think you can mount any filters on a RX100 anyway unless you get an adapter of some sort

Speaking of adapters, does anyone with an a6000 use an LAEA2 or LAEA4? I know the later is recent and designed to allow full frame lenses. I only plan on using crop sensor a mount lens on the a6000 so I'm leaning towards the laea2 since I can find it cheaper used. Just wanted to know if the newer one provided any additional benefits.

i just pick up my first camera since the sony Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T5 5.1 MP i got like 10 years ago :wow:

Sony Alpha NEX-5T Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens .

i got it from amazon for $262 shipped with a bag and 16gb mem card.

i'm going to try to check into this thread to see what i can learn because like john snow i know nothing.

I'd like to take some cool photos and learn the basics.

Last edited:

Thanks!

1) That's just the filter size. If the front glass has a larger diameter it would require a larger filter. The size needed is usually marked on back of the lens cap or on the front element of the lens somewhere.

2) I don't think you can mount any filters on a RX100 anyway unless you get an adapter of some sort

Ohh. Thanks for the reply. The magfilter for the RX100 is the 42mm. the 36mm filter is for a s110.

Got it now.

Back
Top Bottom