The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

can you share of your none HDR images? I'm thinking about getting full frame compact camera, but not sold on the lens selection. However, I will like to see what it produce.

[COLOR=#red]Yes, let me compile them and I'll post some. E-mount doesn't have a stupid large collection of lenses, but they have almost everything most photos use covered, and their Zeiss lenses are brilliant if not expensivo.[/COLOR]

If anyone can help me out with a watermark please pm. I don't have photoshop on my computer, just Lightroom. Not sure how to create a personalized one without it.  

can you share of your none HDR images? I'm thinking about getting full frame compact camera, but not sold on the lens selection. However, I will like to see what it produce.

I think the metabones for Sony to use Canon lenses can autofocus. If I shot Canon I would be looking into it

I think the metabones for Sony to use Canon lenses can autofocus. If I shot Canon I would be looking into it

I heard even though, the auto focus on the lenses are just horrible.

This might be an extreme example but this is with the slow 85mm 1.2 and just see how slow the autofocus is. Imagine if the subject matter is moving. It'd be virtually impossible to lock on.

Last edited:
I heard even though, the auto focus on the lenses are just horrible.

This might be an extreme example but this is with the slow 85mm 1.2 and just see how slow the autofocus is. Imagine if the subject matter is moving. It'd be virtually impossible to lock on.

Yea it is slow. Was shooting wide open too but still no excuse.

I've been trying to find an accuse to buy another camera (have no clue why) but the Sony A7 series just isn't quite there yet. I've even heard that entry level DSLRs like Rebels have a better focus system then them. That really is a horrible bench mark. So I really don't see why anyone would invest in a Sony unless they plan to use it like a range finder and just shoot full manual on everything and just try and focus that way. The Sony A6000 sounds even like the better choice but the lenses aren't plentiful and you have to add in the crop factor. I think their 35mm f/2.8 is their solid lens but I would want something wide and their wides lens is an f/4. Until there is a better lens that is out for the Sony system and even a better A7, I am just going to stick with Canon for now.

If anyone can help me out with a watermark please pm. I don't have photoshop on my computer, just Lightroom. Not sure how to create a personalized one without it.  

When you export there's an option to add a watermark, just have to scroll down a little bit. You can use plain text by default, or upload an image.

I've been trying to find an accuse to buy another camera (have no clue why) but the Sony A7 series just isn't quite there yet. I've even heard that entry level DSLRs like Rebels have a better focus system then them. That really is a horrible bench mark. So I really don't see why anyone would invest in a Sony unless they plan to use it like a range finder and just shoot full manual on everything and just try and focus that way. The Sony A6000 sounds even like the better choice but the lenses aren't plentiful and you have to add in the crop factor. I think their 35mm f/2.8 is their solid lens but I would want something wide and their wides lens is an f/4. Until there is a better lens that is out for the Sony system and even a better A7, I am just going to stick with Canon for now.

Do you still have your MK2 or did you sell it?

Yup. Just chilling on my counter in the box. I am going to get around to selling it within the month or so. I am going to lose mad money on it but whatever. I still got to clean it up. The sensor is pretty dirty. One thing I hated about the MK2. My sensor got so dirty and I use my MK3 about he same way and I have marginal issues with it. It could just be me though.

When you export there's an option to add a watermark, just have to scroll down a little bit. You can use plain text by default, or upload an image.

Yea the one i use currently is a default from lightroom. I want to create one though. A lot of people on here have nice subtle ones that i would like to model mine after. Just need help with creating it.

One the menu bar

Lightroom > Edit Watermark > create one.....save it....

When you export photos, the option to add it to the picture should be at the bottom, check if you want it on the pic, leave it unchecked if you don't, then save

Just saw this on Photo Rumors. Supposed to be a powershot with a huge sensor. I almost thought it was going to be a A7 competitor.

Canon-premium-compact-camera-rumors.jpg
Canon-premium-compact-camera-with-a-large-sensor-leak.jpg

http://photorumors.com/2015/03/30/i...ompact-camera-with-a-large-sensor/#more-69450

I use a very small one that you can see on one of the images below. I found a nice font on dafont.com and modified it a little. Some watermarks are too big and intrusive, some are unreadable, I would advise going with something neat and simple.

As far as the other discussion about IG, I don't use instasize. IG forces me to become a little creative. I use the image and alter it for effect. It usually takes me less than 3-5 minutes to come up with something. It is time consuming but I feel like it gives a polish look.

OG

IG

[emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128512[/emoji] can't wait I think a new body and kit lens at this price is a steal. I think I'm gonna pick up a nifty fifty and play with that till my pockets recover then I can grab some more lenses.

Any recommendations other than the nifty fifty? I could spend up to 200 used. I know that's not much but I don't wan t to take the plunge on more expensive glass just yet. Something with more range would be nice and I'd be willing to push it to 300 for that

^^^^I would get the 24mm pancake ($150) or if you got some more money, the 10-18mm IS ($300) if you want like the wide angle look. The only thing is it's slow cause it's a f/4.5-5.6 but it's great for long exposures though. Check the vids for both.

I use a very small one that you can see on one of the images below. I found a nice font on dafont.com and modified it a little. Some watermarks are too big and intrusive, some are unreadable, I would advise going with something neat and simple.

As far as the other discussion about IG, I don't use instasize. IG forces me to become a little creative. I use the image and alter it for effect. It usually takes me less than 3-5 minutes to come up with something. It is time consuming but I feel like it gives a polish look.

OG

IG

What font is that?

^^^^I would get the 24mm pancake ($150) or if you got some more money, the 10-18mm IS ($300) if you want like the wide angle look. The only thing is it's slow cause it's a f/4.5-5.6 but it's great for long exposures though. Check the vids for both.

That 10-18 looks awesome I might pick that up after the 50. Honestly just want a good bodeg lens for my sneaker shots and some outdoor portraits, is there any better option to start with than the 50 for that?

Like Fongstarr states focal length is different when shooting with a crop sensor. For future reference just take the number and multiply it by 1.6

A 50mm on a crop sensor would have a true focal range of 80mm. The 24mm pancake he recommended would be a true 38.4mm

Back
Top Bottom