The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Finally ready for the warm weather since I switched over from canon

I've decided that for that the next 90 days i'm gonna be posting flicks on my tumblr/flickr Showing different parts of NYC through my eyes. I will also keep this thread updated and hopefully put together a full project displaying all 90 days at the end.

the hash falls under #90inNYthruTY i hope yall keep up with the series

wreckedwindows 2 by tysmallphotography, on Flickr

I've decided that for that the next 90 days i'm gonna be posting flicks on my tumblr/flickr Showing different parts of NYC through my eyes. I will also keep this thread updated and hopefully put together a full project displaying all 90 days at the end.

the hash falls under #90inNYthruTY i hope yall keep up with the series

that should be a good look for a project, good luck!

Finally ready for the warm weather since I switched over from canon

nice! is that a contax lens? how do you like it? the ability to adapt quality older lenses, is definitely one of the better benefits of mirrorless, i came up another piece of fast legacy glass, it is really compact; which matches up a little better with the cameras i have...

canon rangefinder 50mm 1.2 ltm by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

the mood by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

streakings by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

The lens is a Zeiss 35mm f2. I think they just started making it a few years ago. I don't shoot leica (yet) but I would like to get an M3 or M6 one of these days.

Slowly editing my photos from NYC from the past days. Got to shoot some but not a whole days worth since I was there for work. This was on top of the Empire State Building. All shot handheld since you can't bring tripods to the top. More to come.

big-city-of-dreams-1.png
big-city-of-dreams-2.png

Last edited:
Sick shots Fong.

Question for you pros. I've noticed I have trouble focusing my shot when I am shooting landscape, such as a shots like Fong took in his post. What's you guys' strategy?

Sick shots Fong.

Question for you pros. I've noticed I have trouble focusing my shot when I am shooting landscape, such as a shots like Fong took in his post. What's you guys' strategy?

Small aperture.

But damn Fong, how long you have to hold that for?

Sick shots Fong.

This was a son of a gun to shoot cause you do have to shoot with a open aperture but you also need to focus on the right spots since not everything will be in focus with that setting. I literally had to take 10 shots in some views to get that one good one. But what I did that helped was live view focusing. On my camera anyways, there is a magnify button and you can manually focus on the subject that you need the most focus on. The bad thing is you have such a thin area where if you move back or forth, you subject will be out of focus even after you focused on it.

Also what I did to help stabilize the camera is use my strap around my neck to sort of lock the camera in place. Kind of like the guy below but minus the tripod. It's tough but you have to do with what you have to do.

7975930_f520.jpg

Small aperture.

But damn Fong, how long you have to hold that for?

I think I was hitting about 1600-2000 on ISO. I didn't want to go any higher cause with shots like this, things can get ugly with so much info in the pic. I think at most I hit a full second or so. If I had my tripod, I'd be making post cards left and right but I guess that is why it's permitted. Also this was all shot at 24mm. Id' imagine at 16mm or lower, it would have been even more epic.

Back
Top Bottom