The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

How? That's not a bad camera at all. Full frame will help a lot as it lets you shoot at higher ISO's. Regardless, go for a less expensive FF camera and get some good glass. Maybe a D610 or D800 and some glass :pimp:

OH I DONT DOUBT YOU. I LOVE MY 5200.

I PICKED THE 750 BECAUSE ITS NEWER THAN THE 610 & 800, HAS WIFI, AND THE FLIP OUT SCREEN WOULD BE QUITE BENFICIAL TO ME.

BUT I MAY CONSIDER THE 800 BECAUSE OF THE HIGHER MP'S.

IM STILL IN THE RESEARCHING STAGES.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, AS IM STILL LEARNING THIS PHOTOGRAPHY THING.

Last edited:
ANY D750 SHOOTERS IN HERE? PROS/CONS

I THINK IM READY FOR A FULL FRAME.

MY D5200 JUST ISNT GIVING ME THE CLARITY THAT I AM LOOKING FOR/EXPECTING. I LOVE IT FOR ITS NUMEROUS FEATURES BUT THE CLARITY JUST ISNT THERE.

What lenses are you using? Any example images of your clarity issue?

My Sony A6000 comes Tuesday, can't wait.

I got the 16-50mm and the 55-210mm lens with it, a 32 gig memory card, and a case for 680 shipped.

Dope camera. Took me a little bit to get used to it, but it is a beast.

How? That's not a bad camera at all. Full frame will help a lot as it lets you shoot at higher ISO's. Regardless, go for a less expensive FF camera and get some good glass. Maybe a D610 or D800 and some glass :pimp:

Cosign on glass. I have a D810 and love it. When I bought my D810 I originally was looking at the D610 but I didn't want to have to worry about aperture with video. Something to look at.

THESE ARE A FEW BASIC EXAMPLES.

THEY BOTH WERE SHOT WITH MY 35MM

THIS WAS A RANDOM "SELFIE" THAT I SHOT WITH MY 50MM

IT MAY SOUND A LITTLE "BEGINNER-ISH" BUT I FEEL THAT I DONT HAVE THAT MAGAZINE/NIKE.COM CLARITY, AS IN NO DEPTH. SEEMS LIKE MY PICS ARE CLEAR BUT SEEM FLAT.

I think it's your post processing. Contrast, clarity, sharpness. Your quality is good, but the magic you're looking for is in the post.

That top pic has pretty good depth imo. You can use lighting/flashes to help with that as well.

Flashes help alot too. shadows will give the images more dimension.

What lenses are you using? Any example images of your clarity issue?

IT MAY SOUND A LITTLE "BEGINNER-ISH" BUT I FEEL THAT I DONT HAVE THAT MAGAZINE/NIKE.COM CLARITY, AS IN NO DEPTH. SEEMS LIKE MY PICS ARE CLEAR BUT SEEM FLAT.

good shots, you have got great background separation in all of these pics, which do give the images some depth...unless you mean having more of the background in focus? if you want a shallower depth of field full frame will definitely give you that, but you could also use faster lenses, in camera/setup techniques (slightly overexposing, being aware of your background) and/or post processing to get really close to that look...

not to sound like an ***, but you dont sound like a little beginner-ish, you are.

Nike's and and other magazines dont just go out with a camera and take random pictures at any given time of the day in hopes they look good. They are getting paid a lot of money and they plan their shoots out. IE time of day, models, subject, accessories, environment, foreground, lighting etc. Then after they have a solid image, they hit the lab for post processing which in itself is another level of skill set ....

Did my dude compare his selective coloring selfie and tired *** Sneaker pics with the camera on the floor to a Nike editorial?...lettuce be cereal bro...

It takes a lot more than some shallow DOF to make a picture "Pop"

In the years I've been shooting, I've realized something alllll beginners do is shoot as wide open as the Lense allows, I've made the mistake myself, not realizing the sweet spot of a Lense is not always wide open....bokeh is the most overrated thing in photography.

In the years I've been shooting, I've realized something alllll beginners do is shoot as wide open as the Lense allows, I've made the mistake myself, not realizing the sweet spot of a Lense is not always wide open....bokeh is the most overrated thing in photography.

Going from a kit to a prime, bokeh is all I wanted to to.

I don't do it as much.

Random, this feature on Flickr has helped a lot for me:

I used to see what my favorite pics' settings were set at and try to recreate a similar shot.

Did my dude compare his selective coloring selfie and tired *** Sneaker pics with the camera on the floor to a Nike editorial?...lettuce be cereal bro...

It takes a lot more than some shallow DOF to make a picture "Pop"

BRO, YOU ARE 1 OF THE FEW PEOPLE ON NT THAT I CAN REALLY CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR OPINION. IF MY "SELCETIVE COLORING" AND TIRED KICK PICS BOTHER YOU, DONT BOTHER TO REPLY!

YOU ARE OVERPRAISED BRO. HOW ABOUT WHENEVER YOU SEE ME POST, JUST IGNORE IT. I DONT BOTHER YOU, YOU DONT BOTHER ME.

IM STILL LEARNING LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD SO PARDON ME FOR ASKING FOR ADVICE.

SMH, THESE NT CELEBS.

while we're on the noobie bashing, can yall stop using watermarks? no body wants to steal pictures of your cat or the super bokeh water puddle or out of focus tree branch. 99% of the people in this thread do not need watermarks.

stop wasting your time.

not to sound like an ***, but you dont sound like a little beginner-ish, you are.

Nike's and and other magazines dont just go out with a camera and take random pictures at any given time of the day in hopes they look good. They are getting paid a lot of money and they plan their shoots out. IE time of day, models, subject, accessories, environment, foreground, lighting etc. Then after they have a solid image, they hit the lab for post processing which in itself is another level of skill set ....

OK FAM. I'LL BE A BEGINNER.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

They look pretty good to me but like said above I'm sure it's alot that goes into Nike's pictures

OH I KNOW THAT IT DOES, I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME POSITIVE INSIGHT ON METHODS/EQUIPMENT TO GET ME STARTED DOWN THAT PATH.

BUT HEY, THIS IS NT, FULL OF "KNOW IT ALL'S".

*SHRUGS*

while we're on the noobie bashing, can yall stop using watermarks? no body wants to steal pictures of your cat or the super bokeh water puddle or out of focus tree branch. 99% of the people in this thread do not need watermarks.

stop wasting your time.

How you let something that really shouldn't bother you bother you? This sounds like some hating ****. :lol:

just trying to help the noobs out, stop wasting time on making watermarks and focus on actually producing good photos...

Pic 1: Good shot, could use some touching up.
Pic 2: Sunlight makes the left shoe look over exposed compared to rest of the picture.
Pic 3: I think you could have gone without the selective coloring. Phone can still be the main point of focus without that feature.

Thanks for sharing and nice kicks!

Pic 1: Good shot, could use some touching up.
Pic 2: Sunlight makes the left shoe look over exposed compared to rest of the picture.
Pic 3: I think you could have gone without the selective coloring. Phone can still be the main point of focus without that feature.

Thanks for sharing and nice kicks!

THANKS FAM, THE 2ND PIC WAS SUPER RUSHED,LOL. BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. STILL LEARNING DAY BY DAY.

Back
Top Bottom