The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

2morrowbegins2day 2morrowbegins2day Thanks , I took like 500 shots and only about 50 were good. The fog/haziness out there is tough. I had no idea how to adjust. Couldnt even google tips cause I didnt have phone service out there.

Great action shots. What lens did you use?

I never use a lens hood but what's the advantage of using one?

Straight out of the camera from earlier today.

1. Lens hoods  serve two primary purposes: (1) reducing lens  flare, and (2) protecting the lensfrom damage. The intended purpose  of thelens hood  is simply to reduce lens  flare, but the protection it provides to the glass elements of the lens  is a beneficial side-effect.

1. Lens hoods serve two primary purposes: (1) reducing lens flare, and (2) protecting the lensfrom damage. The intended purpose of thelens hood is simply to reduce lens flare, but the protection it provides to the glass elements of the lens is a beneficial side-effect.

I guess I'll use it when I'm outside then lol

1. Lens hoods serve two primary purposes: (1) reducing lens flare, and (2) protecting the lensfrom damage. The intended purpose of thelens hood is simply to reduce lens flare, but the protection it provides to the glass elements of the lens is a beneficial side-effect.

also helps to kind of block light from hitting the lens at unwanted angles that can make images appear washed out, lens hoods keep images looking contrasty...if a lens comes with a lens hood, it probably shouldn't be used it without it, but modern lenses are pretty good with dealing with flaring & lens hoods tend to make lenses both larger & more conspicuous, which isn't always ideal...

not everyday you see one of these:

#unrelatedbutrelated, came upon this link for occupations from the bureau of labor statistics; pretty interesting to see where photographers sit, in both the mean (average) & median (absolute middle) in hourly & year wages; pretty surprised how low it is

This past Sunday morning, I took a stroll to my local swap meet aka flee market in South L.A and I came across two items that were pre-owned but in excellent conditions:

1)Manfrotto 728B Digi Compact Tripod with Integrated 3-Way Head and Carrying Bag

2)Nikon WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter for Nikon Digital SLRs

Amazon has the tripod listed at $80 and the adapter at $35.

After heavy negations, I paid $15 for the tripod and $5 for the adapter. #Winning

What do you guys think? Grand total $20
nthat.gif

Do most of you guys use lens hoods? Was thinking of buying one for my T3i

I never use a lens hood except with long telephoto lenses. I used to religiously but found that they were more of a pain than any help.

I'm excited for this bad boy. About to cop a home C-41 development kit and photo scanner :x

DSC01596.jpg by gabrieldiaz, on Flickr

^^^^^Damn dude. When you want something bad, you definitely go out and get it. How much did that set you back? What lens did you get? Always wanted a Hasselblad but more so cause skate photographers all started with that. Would love to play with one rather than have one. Can't wait to see some slides.

How much could I get for a Canon t2i, kit lens and canon 50 1.8?

I'm thinking around 300 but I don't know because the eBay prices are very inconsistent

How much could I get for a Canon t2i, kit lens and canon 50 1.8?

I'm thinking around 300 but I don't know because the eBay prices are very inconsistent

if you can get that price, that would seem to be a good number for a body that old...might be good to keep it as a back up body?

loosie:

Nah I don't really have a need for it.. Was going through files on my laptop the other day and realized I haven't really touched my camera since December. All the shooting I've been doing has been film and I don't do any video work anymore (which was the initial reason for buying it).

Thinking about getting a G7 this summer but idk

Back
Top Bottom