The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

@khankussionz Yeah I love poking my head around there every couple weeks, always changing up... I've bumped into a few photographers down there, didn't know about the Saturday model shoots though, thanks for the info! I'll have to find more info and try to make it to one of those

still in shock and denial right now fam. had a good night out shootin UNTIL a gust of wind at the top of Lombard sent my camera falling to the ground. get an error message saying I need to send it in to Nikon. Saul Badman.

As luck may have it though, I have a coworker transitioning to mirrorless and is selling his stuff. I need feed back from y'all PLEASE about which of the following lenses I should definitely swoop up from him to go along with the D700 body I will now have to buy from him:

Nikon 24mm 1.4
Nikon 50mm 1.4
Nikon 60mm 2.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Nikon 70-200 2.8

that sucks about your camera, did you have it on a tripod?

for the lenses, it really depends on what you want to do? what might you be interested in doing? and would any of these lenses help you to do those things? lens selection is a personal thing, granted there are generalities about what lenses are appropriate for certain genres/subjects, I think you just go with what you feel will work for you...

Last edited:
still in shock and denial right now fam. had a good night out shootin UNTIL a gust of wind at the top of Lombard sent my camera falling to the ground. get an error message saying I need to send it in to Nikon. Saul Badman.

As luck may have it though, I have a coworker transitioning to mirrorless and is selling his stuff. I need feed back from y'all PLEASE about which of the following lenses I should definitely swoop up from him to go along with the D700 body I will now have to buy from him:

Nikon 24mm 1.4
Nikon 50mm 1.4
Nikon 60mm 2.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Nikon 70-200 2.8

Definitely the 24mm or 70-200mm. Might also want to invest in a sturdier tripod.

that sucks about your camera, did you have it on a tripod?

for the lenses, it really depends on what you want to do? what might you be interested in doing? and would any of these lenses help you to do those things? lens selection is a personal thing, granted there are generalities about what lenses are appropriate for certain genres/subjects, I think you just go with what you feel will work for you...

Definitely the 24mm or 70-200mm. Might also want to invest in a sturdier tripod.

Thanks for the feedback y'all.

tokes - It was on a tripod (a basic one at that unfortunately). as for the lenses, I'm all across the board with what I shoot. I shoot a lot of stuff involving my two boys (sports, school events, etc) and try to get out and shoot as much of what SF has to offer (and anywhere I travel). I've only been shooting since last Father's day when I got the d5300 and the only lenses I had acquired beyond the kit was the 50 1.8 and the 18-200.

mjbetch - Funny enough, I've been in the process of investing in a sturdier tripod, but dude I'm buying from has been MIA for the past week.

My coworker is bringing his gear in tomorrow and is going to let me test it all out over the weekend. In some ways I'm tempted to get em all since they will be cheaper than pretty much anywhere else.

Editing is a pain when your laptop is slow and overheats like a *****

Last edited:
Caught Gumball this morning before they left. So glad I had my polarizer filter on, it really makes the pictures pop with color. After some edits and crops I got some pretty sweet images!

Couldn't get any good rolling shots :frown:

^Where was that first shot taken?
How did you do edit that pic? It's a day and night difference. 
Didn't do much, fixed the angle and messed with the settings in lightroom. Highlights, auto balance, clarity etc.
When you say fixed the angle, where in light room can you do that?

i know where the auto balance, clarity and exposure and all that stuff is. 

Didn't do much, fixed the angle and messed with the settings in lightroom. Highlights, auto balance, clarity etc.

Click on the crop overlay icon or press R and then you will see angle. Just click on that and drag the icon from left to right or right to left and it'll automatically fix the horizon.

Click on the crop overlay icon or press R and then you will see angle. Just click on that and drag the icon from left to right or right to left and it'll automatically fix the horizon.
Thank you kind sir, I went to New York last week and have some shots I wanted to edit.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom