The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Just rented the 70-200mm Canon for this weekend. It's the version 1 though with the non IS but I should be able to get some shots of things that are way different than what I normally shoot. There is a skate demo Saturday with some of my favorite skaters, super moon on Sunday and Folsom Street fair as well. I hope I get some good stuff.

Beautiful shots. I agree the manual lenses make me think. As well as move around more.

I haven't really used AF in some time. Ive thought about making the switch to an A7 or A7R from what I'm using now (Canon)

I met a guy in the city the other night who was rocking with an A7R/metabones/Canon L 24-70. He raved about his setup. Holidays and tax season will be here before we know it

for me honestly there is so many aspects to like about it, it is really easy to rave about it and overlook the shortcomings, and while no camera is perfect, there definitely seem to be some things that dslr shooters moving to the sony mirrorless would maybe miss...though if you aren't using autofocus, that may make the a7 series a whole lot easier of a transition & less of a frustration; haven't used the metabones setup so i can't really speak on it though i have read stuff all over the place from that combination being horrendous to awesome online....the optical vs. electronic viewfinder might be another one of those things that might prove to be weird for some, but the actual images are pretty much without compromise
I have a cheap adapter that I got on Amazon for my manual lenses made my Minolta. I kid you not, I bought 6 batteries for the A7ii. And could care less about battery life after seeing he image quality.

I heard the Sony will run you like 200-250 shots or so before the camera goes dead. I mean that is a lot of photos but I feel like in a serious session, that can be really limiting. Thankfully the way Sony has been, I am sure they will fix that with the next setup. I can't believe there has been 6 models in 2 years.

Anyone follow Jason Lanier on Youtube? Dude kind of comes off as douche to me for some reason but he is very pro Sony and has dropped his Nikon gear for it. He's kind of a trendy portrait photographer where he always goes to abandon buildings and shoots with lights and flash but he has some good stuff considering. He does a lot of post production in his RAW photos but I guess that comes with the territory.

yea 200 shot sis nothing. With interesting subject material I can crank that out in under an hour. And then it's always even less time when you're filming. Especially with the higher res. ******* DST shoots in 6k! 6 ****** k! camera runs 70 grand.

200 is good if you just use your camera for portraits and random things. I would never use it for events, especially all day events.

Didn't know Evidence (Dilated Peoples) did photography.

Anyone follow bludshot on IG? Dudes feed is :x

Last edited:
Anyone follow Jason Lanier on Youtube? Dude kind of comes off as douche to me for some reason but he is very pro Sony and has dropped his Nikon gear for it. He's kind of a trendy portrait photographer where he always goes to abandon buildings and shoots with lights and flash but he has some good stuff considering. He does a lot of post production in his RAW photos but I guess that comes with the territory.

i can see how he could come off that way, there is just something about how he interacts with people in these vids that seems a bit disingenuous/fake, it also doesn't help that also seems to be unabashedly about the photography hustle and promoting sony...and i think the fedora definitely does't help...but dude must be doing something right because he was able to get the sony relationship and his videos seem to be getting some buzz...

200 is good if you just use your camera for portraits and random things. I would never use it for events, especially all day events.

200 is on the low side but the batteries are small enough to throw a couple in your pocket, and depending on how you shoot (leaving the camera on between shots, how much you use the viewfinder vs. the lcd screen, how much video you shoot) you can get way more time/shots

Didn't know Evidence (Dilated Peoples) did photography.

Anyone follow bludshot on IG? Dudes feed is :x

YO! the layout is really dope probably one the best uses of the tiled format i've seen

Last edited:
Well, just got back from my first shoot with a model.

Was done at the beach at noon. Was hoping to do it closer to sunset cause of the sunlight and I don't own reflectors but time was an issue.

All in all, it was tons of fun. She had some decent experience and was real patient and helpful with me.

Definitely something I want to try again.

Well, just got back from my first shoot with a model.

Was done at the beach at noon. Was hoping to do it closer to sunset cause of the sunlight and I don't own reflectors but time was an issue.

All in all, it was tons of fun. She had some decent experience and was real patient and helpful with me.

Definitely something I want to try again

21752053402_dfddd27cbc_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom