The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Nice port man.

What exactly are you trying to offer or have you followed in IG?

My opinion is that you should continue using that same VSCO filter or something remotely close to it to have all the images fit in nicely.

That's what I would do if I could start over ... I already removed a lot of images because although they were nice didn't fit in with the overall feel. I believe that could hurt you in regards to followers as they can't relate.

Thanks man, not really trying too hard in terms of tone as I want my photos to compliment the colours used rather than wash out. May play around with some ideas. Gonna follow everyone back now!

Cheers.

I'm currently rocking with 50mm on my 3200 which I've realized it's like 75 after someone up top just reminded me of crop sensor lol. It's great and very versatile but I really want a 35mm but I think I'm gonna hold off since I'm saving for a mirorless (either a6000 or a7) I really want that a 7ii but damn that price tag :lol:

Saw this bag on the market. Don't know why I even need a new bag but I guess it's just one of those things you keep buying even if you already have like three of them. Haha.

But this Lowepro bag seems to correct all the things I don't like about my Incase sling (and I love that bag). I like something that isn't to big but can carry a full frame body, 2 lenses and a tripod. What this has that my Incase seems to suffer by is a second strap that prevents the bag from moving around when say hiking up a hill or even something like biking. Also the Lowepro has a weather resistant cover that I love cause the last thing I would want is my gear to get wet from being in the rain.

Anyone know of a good video for posing models (convo from earlier)? I've done a bunch of business/profile shots before but those are usually chest up.

^^^^^I'd just start looking at model poses on people's portfolios. Just remember or even download pics of poses you like and just show them to the model to see if you can relive it for your own photo. I did that for my friend's wedding that I shot at city hall. Granted I did a couple of things different but for the most part, it was helpful to have some resources right at hand on my phone to try and do.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr This isn't a typical Model (or modell size) though. She'd turning 60 and wants nice photos for her birthday. Just looking for general guidelines on body composing that doesn't look ridiculous for her age, but still fun and energetic.

Last edited:
^^^^Interesting shoot. I can see how this would be a challenge.

I would say first off, make sure the lighting conditions are good and use it accordingly. Posing might not even be that big of a deal as long as you get a good look and exposure. I would assume she just wants nice photos for herself and perhaps her main concern is just her having a nice smile. The rest is just making sure you get a good shot on your end.

I would suggest you get a reflector if you are shooting outdoors like below. Also use your environment for taking a good photo too whether at a park, lake, urban city, sitting on a bench, etc. Those things kind of just add to the photo as well without even worrying about the posing.

What kind of cameras are you guys using? I'm looking to get a new one. Digging the sony a6000 mirrorless. and the always reliable canon 5d mark iii. it's just so damn heavy with a solid lens on it.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr This isn't a typical Model (or modell size) though. She'd turning 60 and wants nice photos for her birthday. Just looking for general guidelines on body composing that doesn't look ridiculous for her age, but still fun and energetic.
Use a soft box ... Preferably an Octabox or even a soft light beauty dish to wash out some of the wrinkles .. do mature professional portraits ....

FEW SHOTS FROM MY TRIP TO HOUSTON THIS PAST WEEK.

Nice photos. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Houston. Camera strap recommendation, i would say check out the Black Rapid Sport. I currently have that one and i love it.

http://www.blackrapid.com/products/sport

I need to stop ******* around and make a instagram page. I'm not into social media and stuff, but i'll definitely give instagram a try

What kind of cameras are you guys using? I'm looking to get a new one. Digging the sony a6000 mirrorless. and the always reliable canon 5d mark iii. it's just so damn heavy with a solid lens on it.
right now i use the Nikon D610. I recently purchased the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera mainly for walk around/general photography since the DSLR can be heavy to carry around at times.

right now i use the Nikon D610. I recently purchased the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera mainly for walk around/general photography since the DSLR can be heavy to carry around at times.

micro 4/3rds cameras might interest folks looking for a compact setup, they can be a bit pricey but most of the bodies/lenses are pretty compact & quality...

Last edited:
Just gave everyone a follow that posted recently in here...some great shots and inspiration!

I'd appreciate a follow and any feedback on my stuff too: instagram.com/jkirsh27

Back
Top Bottom