The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

https://instagram.com/isonate

Quick shoot with the bae, just started an Instagram recently... you can follow me @isonate

https://instagram.com/isonate

Quick shoot with the bae, just started an Instagram recently... you can follow me @isonate

Followed.

https://instagram.com/jy_venom/

forgive my last post... twas a good friends birthday :rofl:

Recent stuff.

On another note, photographing my first destination wedding in Hawaii this weekend! Can't wait to share some photos while I'm down there. :smokin

As always, more on my blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Haven't been here in a while. Been busy with school and haven't been shooting or editing old photos at all. Didn't quote everyone but gave you guys a follow those who I saw links of. Here's some recent edits for my car enthusiasts out there. :smokin Also my ig if anyone is interested https://instagram.com/mayank__p .....I'd say it's about 90% automotive material lol so if you're not into that kinda stuff sorry.

Lineup by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Racecar by Mayank4585, on Flickr

Solid work from everybody here.
Anybody got a website. I am thinking about revamping mine.
Been playing a lot with b&w images lately since my recent fascination with Peter Coulson.

IG: bammesphoto

Anyone shoot mirrorless? Specifically the Sony A7 series?

Thinking about making the switch from DLSR mainly due to price and generally smaller body sizes, but worried about it being a workhorse camera.

Heard battery power is poor and the obv lens selection is pretty scarce at this time. Thanks in advance.

Thinking about making the switch from DLSR mainly due to price and generally smaller body sizes, but worried about it being a workhorse camera.

Heard battery power is poor and the obv lens selection is pretty scarce at this time. Thanks in advance.

All the Sony's aren't necessarily cheaper. If size and weight are the issue, than I say go for it but the only real body wroth getting is the A7RII but that is more costly than a Canon Mark 3. I know the A7RII has a better focus system but all reviews I have read say the same thing and that if you are not shooting in natural light, the lens can and will hunt to try and focus. It's like so close to being one of the best cameras but I would still rather get a Nikon D810 or the Canon Mark 3 over it cause of lens selection and the focusing. I'd imagine one more A7R would do the trick. At the rate they are making them, I would just wait.

I shoot Sony, A7ii more specifically. I like them. You can always get an adapter and shoot with other lenses. Here is a pic of the Sony A7ii with a Tamaron 80-250mm 3.4 and one image it produced. I also have other manual lenses, 50mm, 35mm, 22 mm. I feel like I'm becoming a photographer, not just taking pictures.

Last edited:
Looking to purchase a DSLR for an upcoming vacation. Saw Canon recently released the T6i this year but I see the older T5i on sale for much less (refurbished). The main feature that I love on the newer T6i is the built in WiFi which would enable me to send photos directly to my mobile device for posting on IG. If I were to opt for the cheaper T5i is there like a device that I can get for it to have this feature? Or would I only be able to do this through the newer T6i and thus shell out $700+?

Looking to purchase a DSLR for an upcoming vacation. Saw Canon recently released the T6i this year but I see the older T5i on sale for much less (refurbished). The main feature that I love on the newer T6i is the built in WiFi which would enable me to send photos directly to my mobile device for posting on IG. If I were to opt for the cheaper T5i is there like a device that I can get for it to have this feature? Or would I only be able to do this through the newer T6i and thus shell out $700+?

You could always use an eyefi card.

Saw this bag on the market. Don't know why I even need a new bag but I guess it's just one of those things you keep buying even if you already have like three of them. Haha.

But this Lowepro bag seems to correct all the things I don't like about my Incase sling (and I love that bag). I like something that isn't to big but can carry a full frame body, 2 lenses and a tripod. What this has that my Incase seems to suffer by is a second strap that prevents the bag from moving around when say hiking up a hill or even something like biking. Also the Lowepro has a weather resistant cover that I love cause the last thing I would want is my gear to get wet from being in the rain.

Damn. I just bought the incase sling bag too. Got it in yesterday and used it last night, still have to sort it out but so far seems like it will definitely be helpful while lugging my (also acquired yesterday) tripod and other things.

Last edited:
How many shots do you guys normally take?

Finally had a chance upload photos from my trip to SoCal and the photos I really wanted to post were blurry.
frown.gif

I shoot Sony, A7ii more specifically. I like them. You can always get an adapter and shoot with other lenses. Here is a pic of the Sony A7ii with a Tamaron 80-250mm 3.4 and one image it produced. I also have other manual lenses, 50mm, 35mm, 22 mm. I feel like I'm becoming a photographer, not just taking pictures.

For shooting stills, the A7s are fine. It's really just for motion that is a problem. But you can shoot stills with almost any camera, so that is kind of a void validation for the Sony.

This video was ironically just put up comparing the 5Ds to the AR7II. The 5DS sort of sucked from the get go in not being an all around good camera, so it's not surprising that things like dynamic range and ISO would do better with the Sony.

Damn. I just bought the incase sling bag too. Got it in yesterday and used it last night, still have to sort it out but so far seems like it will definitely be helpful while lugging my (also acquired yesterday) tripod and other things.

IG: foureyebull

It's good bag though. The best thing about it is how you can just sling it over and swap lenses without taking the actual bag off. I think that Lowepro will have an issue doing that seeing how it zips to the back of the bag. I just wish it was weather sealed with better materials and had an extra strap. It actually can take a toll on your shoulder if you have a decent amount of stuff in your bag. I brought it to New York and had 2 L lenses and a tripod and my should would just get sore after a while.

You could always use an eyefi card.

Lol solves my problem..Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a good tripod? Something medium sized that's not too bulky and affordable.

Thanks

For shooting stills, the A7s are fine. It's really just for motion that is a problem. But you can shoot stills with almost any camera, so that is kind of a void validation for the Sony.

This video was ironically just put up comparing the 5Ds to the AR7II. The 5DS sort of sucked from the get go in not being an all around good camera, so it's not surprising that things like dynamic range and ISO would do better with the Sony.

It's good bag though. The best thing about it is how you can just sling it over and swap lenses without taking the actual bag off. I think that Lowepro will have an issue doing that seeing how it zips to the back of the bag. I just wish it was weather sealed with better materials and had an extra strap. It actually can take a toll on your shoulder if you have a decent amount of stuff in your bag. I brought it to New York and had 2 L lenses and a tripod and my should would just get sore after a while.

The Lowepro is a great bag, but yes taking it off for lens swaps can be a hassle. There were several occasions where I was in a rush and forgot to completely zip the back compartment. One of my old nifty fifties broke after it fell from the bag. I may do the same and invest in the sling.....A lot of hiking stuff coming up and it might be more practical.

i love the a7 series, it works well for how & what i shoot and the flexibility it offers really makes me want to get out & shoot. but for what it is worth i have never owned/extensively used a dslr, and yes the battery life of mirrorless compared to probably even entry level dslr is boo-boo, and this is maybe especially for the sony's...i like to say it is maybe more computer than camera. it can be a bit frenetic especially, i think anyways, if you are coming from another system and don't take the time to really customize it to your way of shooting; if you are contemplating sony best to try it out at a store or even rent one 1st...

i definitely enjoy shooting with manual lens much more than with my af lens (i only have the 55mm & as some a few aps-c lenses that i throw on when i want to be super compact), i miss hella shots (mostly because i'm still infatuated with the look of shallow depth of field) but that is what makes it fun half the time!

some randoms:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

preachin by a0, on Flickr

Beautiful shots. I agree the manual lenses make me think. As well as move around more.

I haven't really used AF in some time. Ive thought about making the switch to an A7 or A7R from what I'm using now (Canon)

I met a guy in the city the other night who was rocking with an A7R/metabones/Canon L 24-70. He raved about his setup. Holidays and tax season will be here before we know it

Beautiful shots. I agree the manual lenses make me think. As well as move around more.

I haven't really used AF in some time. Ive thought about making the switch to an A7 or A7R from what I'm using now (Canon)

I met a guy in the city the other night who was rocking with an A7R/metabones/Canon L 24-70. He raved about his setup. Holidays and tax season will be here before we know it

for me honestly there is so many aspects to like about it, it is really easy to rave about it and overlook the shortcomings, and while no camera is perfect, there definitely seem to be some things that dslr shooters moving to the sony mirrorless would maybe miss...though if you aren't using autofocus, that may make the a7 series a whole lot easier of a transition & less of a frustration; haven't used the metabones setup so i can't really speak on it though i have read stuff all over the place from that combination being horrendous to awesome online....the optical vs. electronic viewfinder might be another one of those things that might prove to be weird for some, but the actual images are pretty much without compromise

what programs are you guys using to process/edit your photos?

the Mclaren/Cadillac photos are perfection Tokes.

Any opinions on cameras to film with? Looks like a lot of people are moving towards the a6000. But also I'm see a lot of people with the cybershot rx100 III because it has the selfie lcd flip screen. I can't imagine the top shooters and film makers are filming with huge cameras right? Has to be something more mobile ay?

^lightroom

How many shots do you guys normally take?

Finally had a chance upload photos from my trip to SoCal and the photos I really wanted to post were blurry. :frown:

I had a about a four hr shoot recently...came away with 1700 photos...came away with 200 that I liked.

will probably try to make another cut to get to under 50.

alot of spray a pray w/ a somewhat new body and a new 24-105 L :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom