The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Went out to shoot a nice spot, but it didn't pan out. I remember there where some falls near the area and I said screw it. Glad I did!

22048687606_e8185b9bfd_c.jpg
21453895153_637b6ac1ce_c.jpg
21888116359_0ba568206e_c.jpg
22074790465_8a130a7e3f_c.jpg

fam this is probably my favorite set from you.

dope **** :pimp:

Nice Keke. The water reflection one is sick. Do anything different with those photos like use a filter or is that just all post edit stuff? I always wondered how photos looked when you use that filter that takes out odd reflections.

Your editing is on point
pimp.gif
Thanks, it's pretty simple when mother nature is doing most of the work. 
fam this is probably my favorite set from you.

dope ****
pimp.gif
It goes to show, that everyone has different taste man. Glad you like them ...
Nice Keke. The water reflection one is sick. Do anything different with those photos like use a filter or is that just all post edit stuff? I always wondered how photos looked when you use that filter that takes out odd reflections.
Yes, I used a CP filter (BW Pro)

One the 1st one I made sure that I was going to get a reflection vices cutting thru and looking at the bottom. Thats why you see a good reflection

Second one I totally forgot about adjusting - that's probably why you see a half reflection and the bottom at the same time (not sure though)

3rd I wanted a good reflection

and 4th I wanted to make sure I didnt get much reflection as I wanted to illustrate the red pool ...

From my disaster shoot the other day. It was a bad time to shoot during the day but I tired to make the best of it. I still can't get skin retouching down in PS like I want but I have to keep practicing

those are some great fall images, keko jones keko jones super colors!!!

anyone here at all into macro photography? got a new (to me anyways) macro lens, i was looking for a longer focal length but ended coming up one this for a good price:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

more difficult than i thought to shoot macro images, less light, more susceptible to camera shake...

loosies:

From my disaster shoot the other day. It was a bad time to shoot during the day but I tired to make the best of it. I still can't get skin retouching down in PS like I want but I have to keep practicing

mj-laughing.gif

Just messing with you. Yeah I had issues when I started shooting outdoors with harsh lighting. I would just find a shaded area so theres even light.
As far as editing. Try to do some selective shadow lightening or dodging the areas of her neck down.
If you use lightroom, the selective skin soften preset helps.

mj-laughing.gif

Just messing with you. Yeah I had issues when I started shooting outdoors with harsh lighting. I would just find a shaded area so theres even light.
As far as editing. Try to do some selective shadow lightening or dodging the areas of her neck down.
If you use lightroom, the selective skin soften preset helps.

I used that to an extent but I could only do so much. I honestly don't like any of the pictures because they were rushed.
That particular picture was hard to edit because the rest of her body was in shadow and her face was smack dab in the sun. So I just cropped it down and kept it a head shot

romcadoo romcadoo You really just have to get creative with it honestly and hope she likes it lol. I took the liberty of making some edits.

1st was just white balance, softening the skin, whitening her eyes, and dodging around her face and clothes. Wasn't a lot of data with the file so her jacket is grainy:

vs.

Second I added a vsco preset ontop of previous edits (not sure what else it edited) and smoothed out her facial skin a bit:

EDIT: Was this a paid or free shoot?

Last edited:
I really like the 2nd one. I really should've just took my time. The times I edit them I really wasn't in the mood but just wanted to get it over with. And if she don't like them oh well she didn't pay. I was going to edit her skin some more but I felt it didn't need it that much she's a kid too I didn't want it looking too sprayed.
Did you make all of the edits in VSCO cam?

These were all done in Lightroom. 1st done with regular adjustments. 2nd added a vsco lightroom preset.

Even if she's just a kid you still want a good rep. If this was a friend of yours they probably wouldn't mind as much. But didn't you say she came out with her parents (or was that another poster)? Something like that will deter her (or her parents) from doing something like this again.

I'd suggest working with friend in your free time to learn before reaching out to models even if its free.

These were all done in Lightroom. 1st done with regular adjustments. 2nd added a vsco lightroom preset.

Even if she's just a kid you still want a good rep. If this was a friend of yours they probably wouldn't mind as much. But didn't you say she came out with her parents (or was that another poster)? Something like that will deter her (or her parents) from doing something like this again.

I'd suggest working with friend in your free time to learn before reaching out to models even if its free.

That's true, I should've took more time with it because it want like she needed them in a rush. All of my edits were in lightroom as well.
When you soften the skin do you use the soften skin tab with the adjustment brush?

There was a group of like 5 or 6 people on the very top of the rocks. You see how the rock edge has a curve and then a sharp edge? Idk, it just looks kinda off and not very "natural" to me.

Yea I see, I think it's fine. By not being at the location I'd never know if it's actually like that or not

Back
Top Bottom