The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I see it being a decent Apple sucess. There's no way it'd replace a Macbook but yea that ecosystem is so deep that alone will attract some people

Given the price point for max storage, keyboard and stylus, you might as well get an 11 or 13 inch air imo. Its nice, but I don't see many people buying and using it as more than just an ipad (meaning many people aren't going to install all those intensive apps).

i'm really trying to convince myself NOT to buy this thing, but its potential as a simple digital sketchbook with the stylus as a compliment to my desktop is really tempting...that said the implementation of it is really boo-boo, awkward charging position, no way to store said stylus, the lack of force touch - which almost seems like it would be necessary for this giant thing as a tool - just seems rushed...

^^ Pretty much, why sell you one perfect tablet when I can sell you 3 almost perfect tablets for the next 3 years

Planned obsolescence. They'll start adding those features incremental with the new releases.

^^ Pretty much, why sell you one perfect tablet when I can sell you 3 almost perfect tablets for the next 3 years

i guess...his thing could have been legitimately awesome from the gate and since this pro version basically just bigger and the stylus only works with this version you would think it would be better figured out...just seems weird that given the existing solutions from the competition, apple chose this route; no slot? not magnetized? no clip on the pen?

to bring it back to pictures a couple weeks ago i rented this beast of a lens:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

it was the 1st time using a rental service...it was pretty smooth and perhaps more importantly, cheap! cost me a little over $60 for 7 days! didn't really make anything noteworthy with it but definitely going to try to make use of it in the future...

A U T U M N by a0, on Flickr

Earlier this April I was fortunate enough to be one of two first place winners at the MKExplore meet in San Gregorio (Mighty KIllers).  The prize was a flight over San Francisco with GoldenGateAir Helicopters. After a lot of delays and rescheduling it was finally happened a couple of weeks ago. This was my first time ever taking aerial photography but I knew I wanted to shoot wide.It was an amazing experience to say the least.  After some advice from some fellow photographers who had done it before I was fairly confident what I was going into. Any feedback and criticism is welcomed.

Here is the shot that earned me first place;

Additional shots are on mightykillers.com/blog feel free to check em out;

I also just got back from Chicago last weekend. Will be sharing pictures from that trip soon. Thanks everyone!

So good my dude. I just can;t seem to justify spending that kind of loot for the choppa ride. Crazy how you got it for free. Nice stuff.

NIKETALK!!!!!!!

I am shooting my first wedding photography ever! I am an amateur and never done such a thing. I usually do street photography. I have already finalized the paperwork with the client. The Wedding is small with only 50 guest in total. I do not want to be that "photographer" who messed up the pictures and ruined those priceless memories.

Does anyone have tips on how to go about this photoshoot? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NIKETALK!!!!!!!
I am shooting my first wedding photography ever! I am an amateur and never done such a thing. I usually do street photography. I have already finalized the paperwork with the client. The Wedding is small with only 50 guest in total. I do not want to be that "photographer" who messed up the pictures and ruined those priceless memories.
Does anyone have tips on how to go about this photoshoot? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

I am doing a engagement shoot literally in a couple of hours. I am watching tons of videos online and I think that is a good resource. Also rent a lens for the occasion. I have the 70-200mm for this weekend and really want to get as much as I can with this lens.

I have been viewing a lot of SLR Lounge stuff on Youtube. They have a lot of engagement photo tips that I am sure can be applied to weddings. Just a lot of posing tips that I never would have figured to think of:

Check out this playlist:

heres a couple from a local night market. can only make do with a kit lens for a d90 for now. hoping to land a better position next year and invest in a full frame and a couple lenses.

Want to protect my lenses, any recommendations for a UV filter for the Sony A6000, don't know what size or brand to buy? My lenses: kit lens, SEL55210, plan to get the Sigma 30mm and Sigma 19mm e-mount lens as well. Read B&H, Hoya, and Tiffen are good brands.

^
Yea, been using the X system exclusively since 2012. Crazy to see how far their lineup has come since then.

Last edited:
Fong - Good stuff on the video. Saw the first one before but not the second one. i also have photos that I believe are good on my phone. Before actually taking the photos, I do a quick run through and it's in my head. Helps me out.

Fong - Good stuff on the video. Saw the first one before but not the second one. i also have photos that I believe are good on my phone. Before actually taking the photos, I do a quick run through and it's in my head. Helps me out.

Man....I have to give credit where credit is due to people like you, Steezy and anyone really doing portrait shoots. I went out Saturday for about 3-4 hours and got absolutely garbage photos. To make matters worse, there were so many wedding photographers out that day at all the spots I wanted to go to and I hardly factored that in. I can't believe how unsuccessful I was and it tortures me how complicated this type of photography is. Thankfully the wedding is next year so I have more time to try and figure this stuff out.

Linked up with @locobaby on Saturday.

Good People and even though both models flaked it was a productive day. Its crazy how your career and family are taking you in a different direction but man I learned a ton from you.

Glad everything worked out for the wife. She stunting now. haha.

Man....I have to give credit where credit is due to people like you, Steezy and anyone really doing portrait shoots. I went out Saturday for about 3-4 hours and got absolutely garbage photos. To make matters worse, there were so many wedding photographers out that day at all the spots I wanted to go to and I hardly factored that in. I can't believe how unsuccessful I was and it tortures me how complicated this type of photography is. Thankfully the wedding is next year so I have more time to try and figure this stuff out.

Would you mind posting. I'd like to what you think is garbage photos compared to what you provide here and IG. Love your stuff btw and DRN & Steezy.

I just bought a a7 and I'm switching over to mirrorless. I'm thinking of getting the EF 35mm for street photography and some portraits. Anyone with a Sony I'd love for some recommendations. Also would like a zoom but not sure what's good. I got a shoot coming up where my boy wants me to take shots of his son at the Rockefeller tree for Xmas cards. I'm a bit nervous but im confident in my shots what I'm working on now is post editing. LR is *#%^ when you first start.

Back
Top Bottom