The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Messing around with long exposures on my phone. Longest I can do is 4 seconds handheld lol gonna have to grab a mobile tripod to get results I'm truly happy with.

I am so surprised to see this thread in here! And SO happy :smile: I love that this forum allows for so many other topics. I have a question for the photographers out there...Before you post pictures on forums/blogs/etc., do you watermark them to make sure no one steals them? Is it hard to watermark your picture?

I am so surprised to see this thread in here! And SO happy :smile: I love that this forum allows for so many other topics. I have a question for the photographers out there...Before you post pictures on forums/blogs/etc., do you watermark them to make sure no one steals them? Is it hard to watermark your picture?

No and no.

Great stuff everyone. It's Been a while. Photos I took when I went to Lake Tahoe in the beginning of January. That day it was like 30 degrees during the day and 20-25 at night.

On another note, started a vlog two weeks ago, got a new camera and been very busy trying to post my work. Will post more soon.

Many more photos on my blog from Lake Tahoe, link below.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2016/02/s009-ep176.html

This shot. :pimp:

Im heading to San Francisco for valentines and ill be going to Alcatraz with wifey and getting some shots of The Golden Gate. Can i get some other locations where its not the touristy shot but the dope ones like @Fongstarr & dunksrnice dunksrnice be putting up.

Thanks boys and great stuff from everyone

dunksrnice dunksrnice awesome stuff. I visited tokyo for 10 nights last april and even then I felt it wasn't enough time.

with the a6300 should we be anticipating sony to be using their new af tech in their full frame mirrorless series soon? would that be the perfect time to cross over to mirrorless?

Im heading to San Francisco for valentines and ill be going to Alcatraz with wifey and getting some shots of The Golden Gate. Can i get some other locations where its not the touristy shot but the dope ones like @Fongstarr & dunksrnice dunksrnice be putting up.

Not too touristy? Hmmm.....that is tough. Almost everything in SF is a IG landmark nowadays. I say embrace it and just hit up all things that are touristy. Get the shots that others get but get them yourselves. Definitely check out the Bay Bridge even though the Golden Gate is the more popular attraction. They just fixed the Bay Lights and that thing just looks so dope, even though I have seen it so many damn times still.

Fillmore, Polk St. And Chinatown at night can make for nice shots. Also check out a place called the Randall Museum, it has an excellent view of the city without crowds. Might have to hop a little fence or walk up a little hill though. Telegraph Hill at sunrise is great too along with aquatic park.

Oh and Bernal Hill in the morning, not too crowded, just mostly have city people over there.

Last edited:
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV

Any thoughts on this camera?

Idc for big cameras and looking like a real photographer. Thanks for any input.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV

Any thoughts on this camera?

Idc for big cameras and looking like a real photographer. Thanks for any input.

great camera, if you are so inclined, you can save a bit of guap by trying to find the previous versions (there really isn't much difference in terms of the quality of images between the i, ii, iii, & iv) --- there are each incrementally a bit better than the last version or added features, versions iii & iv have better lenses with a nifty pop up viewfinder and all but the 1st version have a really useful tilt out screen for low angle shots...

unless you really want the 4k video or the ability to get super slow motion, the rx100 iii is probably the better deal...

People will steal what they want, once you put something online consider it stolen practically.

It's very simple to watermark a photo, there's even an app for it

Finally downloaded SKRWT... didn't know i had to buy MRRW too
laugh.gif

these micro transactions killing me
What are these things? lol Looking at their websites, I'm intrigued but offput.

*edit

After looking at the app page it looks like a great app to use if you have either wifi on your cam or use the eye fi cards. Seems like a great buy

Last edited:

People will steal what they want, once you put something online consider it stolen practically.

It's very simple to watermark a photo, there's even an app for it
Thanks. I'm gonna look up that app right now! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom