The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

It was a nice night last night and I had to take my son somewhere so threw my camera in the car. I could have done with a little more time - the light was getting really good when I had to collect him.

One leg fell off my tripod too. Just a cheap one I bought because I couldn't find my big one a few months ago.

I was trying to find a good angle for a ruined castle and turned round and saw these people through the trees. I managed to get the sun just behind a tree on the left to avoid too much flare.

The Fred Miranda B/S section is a dangerous place. After picking up a used A7, picked up a Ona The Bowery bag and Sigma 60mm f/2.8 for my a6000. Definitely getting the Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB next time it goes on sale. Have my eye on the Sigma 105mm macro for my 550D for macro/portrait work and an alternative until Canon releases a new 85mm f/1.8 with hopefully IS. Interested in a used 70D as well, prices starting to look really good, but I think that $$$ is better served for getting the Sony Zeiss 35 and 55 for my A7.

Copped a 24-70 2.8L II this morning!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO excited.

got it refurbished for $1,413.64 :pimp:

Used some reward money off a credit card to knock a little off the top too.

So happy!!! One more lens I dont have to borrow :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

^Congrats!

Thanks brother.

Im doing a car shoot out at mare island later this week.

Any tips?

I've never been to mare island but backdrop is key for the type of situation you're going for. Is the car modified? What kind is it? Maybe get some wheel shots. Polarizer is a must but other than that just find some different angles. 70-200 and a prime would be my go to's. Not really sure what else to say lol. You're more of a pro than I am lol.

^Congrats!

Thanks brother.

Im doing a car shoot out at mare island later this week.

Any tips?

I've never been to mare island but backdrop is key for the type of situation you're going for. Is the car modified? What kind is it? Maybe get some wheel shots. Polarizer is a must but other than that just find some different angles. 70-200 and a prime would be my go to's. Not really sure what else to say lol. You're more of a pro than I am lol.

I've never used filters before on any of my photos except an ND like twice back when used to only do landscapes. I will look into it!

Its a pretty decked out bright blue BMW M4. Dude is actually an NTer :lol:

I've shot out at mare island a couple times for car shoots. Nothing too incredible though. I am hoping to get some really fire stuff like your level ish. Always impressed by your car photos.

Copped a 24-70 2.8L II this morning!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO excited.

got it refurbished for $1,413.64 :pimp:

Used some reward money off a credit card to knock a little off the top too.

So happy!!! One more lens I dont have to borrow :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Dope man, congrats! Only lens I use and 50mm when I do weddings. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom