The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

My second time shooting this little ones bday, shot his 3rd last year and had the pleasure of doing his 4th this year, truly an awesome family to work with.

6121555728_c675fc7c83_b.jpg

6121557040_191287b72d_b.jpg

6121563596_2b84436a03_b.jpg

6121565564_00f30b0325_b.jpg

6121551588_eddb8c2871_b.jpg

6121005861_aa87693a26_b.jpg

6121547586_e966cb9073_b.jpg

6121003359_3d84997090_b.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Dstylez - you totally flaked on buying that fisheye off me on POTN dude...

i know man, my bad.. Everyone kept telling me it was time to upgrade to full frame and not go that fisheye route.. had i know it was a NT fam id have a fisheye right now since ive yet to make that upgrade :/

Yeah small e-world...but if your plan is to upgrade to full frame get the canon or sigma 15mm...the 10mm will be a waste, that's what happened to me....I sold it though...and got the sigma 15mm nikon mount....lovely lens

Yeah small e-world...but if your plan is to upgrade to full frame get the canon or sigma 15mm...the 10mm will be a waste, that's what happened to me....I sold it though...and got the sigma 15mm nikon mount....lovely lens

Yea the 15mm canon will be first priority after full fram upgrade. I was upgrading my lenses and almost ended up with a few non full frame glass that im sure i would have regreted buying once i went full frame. But thanks for the heads up bro!

ksteezy - Thanks man. Great shots, seen those on Flickr. Must of been really fun.
Fong - Yeah i'm always out their and im surprised as well haha, thanks my dude.
Helow - Nice shot.

249 of 365.
6123187832_b54a05a9ed_o.jpg

One from yesterday that I forgot.
6122581509_2f532b4589_o.jpg

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi & Cucumber Kim Chee shot with my 40D & the kit lens. 

Meeting up w/ dude off the Craigs for his 50mm 1.8 for $75 cash. For shooting food, I heard it's the way to go.

Untitled by miggy smalls, on Flickr

^^Beautiful shot of SF there Rolo and great photos all around everyone
pimp.gif
the work ethic in here is phenomenal.

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

6126419706_c6d0128233_o.jpg

Alright....I've been trying to find this Banksy wall for some time now. I figure I might as well take a picture before someone rips the wall away and adds it to their personal art collection. Rolo...you know the exact cross streets in Chinatown?

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

with a photo such as this....I've gotten better with taking photos at night using my tripod (any low light situation)...assuming the subject is NOT moving.
This low light photo of a performer probably moving around a ton, what settings did you use to snap a photo such as this? (obviously no flash)
honestly i cant remember my settings...if you check my flickr the exact specs should be their. One thing i can say the most important thinkg for low light is your lens. This was shot with a canon 17-55 2.8....When taking some pics artist i like the natural lights of the venue cause it sets the mood.
you can very well capture plenty of ambient light while exposing your subject, just bouce your flash, set your iso high, your shutter at around 160 and your aperture low...
something like this...

6119080891_bff7a8e1f3_b.jpg
I swear every time I use flash indoors the subject is bright as can be but the background is near black, I'll mess around with those settings tonight for experimentation.
...what kind of flash are you guys using? I am pretty much only using the built in flash since I rarely use flash to begin with.

I want to start taking product shots in natural and fluorescent lighting, any recommendations on lenses? (i have a t2i) and what about settings? thanks!

Helow - Thanks. that road shot makes me wanna take those empty road shots.
Fong - The corner of Commercial and Grant. If you go early, you get a better chance of taking the photo because parked cars block the way. The have a plexiglass over the piece to reserve it.

What camera would you guys suggest for video if you can't afford the T2I ? I'm looking to make my first purchase but I'd like to be able to shoot video as well as photos

^^^Hate to say it but the T2i is really the cheapest DSLR with video option. Nikon's entry DLSR might be a tad cheaper but it would be worth it to save a little bit more and get the T2i.

hmm, seems like my last post fudged up..
Anyways, shot my first "model". Blown highlights everywhere.
she was stiff as a board but whatev. It was fun.
Learned not to shoot directly under the sun though.
IMG_8819.jpg

mika3.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

mika1.jpg

mika2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom