The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

[COLOR=#red]Hare, what camera and lens are you using?

:lol: You are really rustling jimmies in here. Me personally I don't care, it's a photo thread after all. What I suspect is that there is a "hierarchy" in here and you just totally ignored it. Dudes don't like to be shown up in their own "house".[/COLOR]

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Did dude really take over a full 2 pages?

mean.gif

What I suspect is that there is a "hierarchy" in here and you just totally ignored it

No, like someone stated earlier he needs to get up and get out (composition) , if i wanted to see pics of a flower i will go to my backyard, its like he's making a mockery of the thread, but then again its my opinion and my ignore button.

Hare, what camera and lens are you using?

laugh.gif
You are really rustling jimmies in here. Me personally I don't care, it's a photo thread after all. What I suspect is that there is a "hierarchy" in here and you just totally ignored it. Dudes don't like to be shown up in their own "house".
Hierarchy? Shown up? Explain...

The only reason I might be a bit annoyed by the amount of pics he posted is because of my slow internet connection.
laugh.gif

I got a job for the summer. Just like last year... I worked in the summer to be able to cop my 5D Mark 2.

This year I'm working in order to buy a Macbook with Retina display... also looking into a 35mm L.

No, like someone stated earlier he needs to get up and get out (composition) , if i wanted to see pics of a flower i will go to my backyard, its like he's making a mockery of the thread, but then again its my opinion and my ignore button.

Word dude got like 8 pics of some hi-res weeds :lol:

But im no real photographer. though i do enjoy the posts in this thread

Hare, what camera and lens are you using?

laugh.gif
You are really rustling jimmies in here. Me personally I don't care, it's a photo thread after all. What I suspect is that there is a "hierarchy" in here and you just totally ignored it. Dudes don't like to be shown up in their own "house".
Canon T2i + Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS. I also have a Rokinon HD8M-C 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye Lens that I use often. I love it. And I don't understand why these guys are getting upset. It's a photography thread. I don't know these guys from a grain of beach sand, nor do they know me. So, I could really care less about how they feel. As long as I can continue to successfully log in, I'll be in here. I'm not even trying to show anyone up, either. I enjoy taking photographs, and I enjoy viewing the photographs taken by others in this thread. Some of these guys needs to loosen up. It's not that serious, lol.

Enjoy looking at the pictures in this thread for a while now and the past couple pages are the lulz to me right now.

I am just getting into photography a little and was wondering what are some decent lens to get first? For now I just have the basic 18-55 that the camera comes with (T3). I noticed there is a 50mm with a lot of good reviews on Amazon. Would this be a good 2nd lens? I take pics of the normal stuff... people, scenery, vacations and cars from shows for the most part of it matters.

WrightOne86 - The 50mm f/1.8 is a great lens. Very affordable compared to the f/1.4 and f/1.2, as well. I had one when I first started out with my Rebel XSi a few years ago. I regret selling it along with the camera when I upgraded. Trust, you'll love it. Nothing like shooting with a prime lens.

It's always good to see people participating in here and posting pictures...but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more selective :lol:

WrightOne, I'll co-sign on the 50 1.8. Great little lens that's inexpensive. It has great image quality for the price and having the 1.8 apeture is great to start learning depth of field. Can't go wrong with it.

Enjoy looking at the pictures in this thread for a while now and the past couple pages are the lulz to me right now.

I am just getting into photography a little and was wondering what are some decent lens to get first? For now I just have the basic 18-55 that the camera comes with (T3). I noticed there is a 50mm with a lot of good reviews on Amazon. Would this be a good 2nd lens? I take pics of the normal stuff... people, scenery, vacations and cars from shows for the most part of it matters.

The 50 1.8's a nice first non-kit lens. Fun to play around with the shallow depth of field, and also fun to switch it up with a prime over a zoom. On a crop camera it can be a little tight though at 80mm equiv. I'd mess around with your 18-55 and just keep it at 50 for a little while to see if you like the focal length.

The 50 1.8's a nice first non-kit lens. Fun to play around with the shallow depth of field, and also fun to switch it up with a prime over a zoom. On a crop camera it can be a little tight though at 80mm equiv. I'd mess around with your 18-55 and just keep it at 50 for a little while to see if you like the focal length.

I totally agree. I'm a gear junkie so after learning about aperture I knew I had to get something that opened up more than my kit lens. I went with the 35mm 1.8 first because I'm shooting on a crop sensor and will be close shooting with a 50mm. Since you're shooting Canon I think it's a no brainer to spend $100 or so for the 50mm. My 35mm and 50mm I spent about $200 each on. In my opinion prime lenses are the best way to separate yourself from the average DSLR owner who bought their camera for the family vacation. I also think that shooting primes encourages you to learn more, and faster, about photography .

That 50mm is a great lens for the price.  Can't think of a better starter/learner lens.

Thanks for the feedback fellas! Looks like I will be taking that dip and grabbing this lens over the weekend then.

My 50 1.8 II is love/hate for me. I've been able to get some good captures out of it, but slow AF and poor low light performance even at 1.8 is frustrating. Some percentage is user error as I'm relatively new to photography, but my 40 2.8 has been much better for me.

I still think the 50 1.8 is a solid lens especially for the price (paid $80 for mine from Canon). It's important to learn what FDs you like to shoot at too which is why the kits lens are so versatile for folks who aren't sure.

Back
Top Bottom