The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

It used to be open to tours but ever since 9/11, they shut that whole thing down. Now it's done more on personal requests but you literally have to sign waivers never to put these photos on social media nor does the Golden Gate Bridge take responsibility if I say jump off the bridge at the top of the tower. Wish I could get others to go up there but just no deal. Honestly I wish I even had more lenses up there like a zoom cause it sort of sucks to only have 2 focal lengths.
Just make sure you have a tripod of course and have spare steel wool. You might have to do a couple of tries to get a good photo and mostly cause of the spinning of the wool and not so much of the camera. Also shoot in dark areas. Any ambient light takes way from the sparks. And also do like 10-15 second exposures. Anything longer takes away from the fire. Shoot lower ISO and shoot closed aperture like at f/12-30.

My favorite ones. I haven't done one almost since then.

east-1c.jpg

steel-wool-1.jpg
So dope, been waiting to test out the steel wool, just alittle scared to catch something on fire.

It used to be open to tours but ever since 9/11, they shut that whole thing down. Now it's done more on personal requests but you literally have to sign waivers never to put these photos on social media
so i can request a private viewing? Wait ... Serious? Im about to make a trip if u can get all the details ...

Fong man those shots you posted on your ig on top of the GG. My goodness Idk how you got up there but that is soo dope.

Thanks dude. I am kind of messing up for even posting it cause I signed a waiver not to but I didn't tag the location nor any hashtags, so hopefully I should be good. Definitely a cool experience and something I wish everyone can see but this was a one shot deal with someone that knew someone.

I am not even supposed to post these up on here or any other site but I doubt the guy I went with is an NTer.

#bruh great shots! but if you got access on the strength (signed a waiver too?) why post 'em and possibly expose yourself to the whatever those consequences may be, #wordtocamron ?!?!?! print a few of those out, frame them, hang 'em in the spot, #instantconversationpiece(s)...

been trying some timelapse, very cool stuff to mess around with (watch in hd!):

short time lapse from ade o on Vimeo.

Last edited:
How long did that vid actually take? Been plotting time lapse too

not long, i took around 150 shots @ around 6sec intervals so maybe around 15 minutes...i didn't really go in with a plan; i.e. i didn't have a length in mind nor did i think about eventual frame rate. but it isn't hard i believe it's just the time you want the video to be multiplied by the eventual frame rate equals the amount of shots you need, eventually i want to try to do a hyperlapse but that seems a little beyond me (much like most other things but the time & patience to pull it off are lacking) right now

tokes pretty dope ... did you zoomed out manually or was that all done in after?

Last edited:
tokes pretty dope ... did you zoomed out manually or was that all done in after?

after, i wish i had a nd filter for the lens i was using so i could have used a longer exposure the movement would probably look smoother with a little blur...

Seems like you have some CA around the structures IE greenish around the light post and so on ..
i just noticed that, how would i be able to get rid of some of that ? not really too familiar on lightroom just some basics. again I'm still new to the whole editing in LR 

Is it possible to get good long exposure shots with a monopod?

I'm going to a few attractions that don't allow tripods.

Is it possible to get good long exposure shots with a monopod?

I'm going to a few attractions that don't allow tripods.

I mean unless you can lean it on something and not make it move, it could work but I'd imagine it'd be very difficult, especially anything over 5 seconds.

qu1ckst3r qu1ckst3r awesome shots man. Forever an inspiration for automotive photography.

I'd be down for that flickr group / weekly theme. Finally upgraded to a 6D. Gotta shoot more now!

Last edited:
^^^^I saw that on IG. Nice pick up.

I am actually thinking about doing a car shoot with some external flashes just for the heck of it and to see just practice. I got a question for anyone that has done it. So say if I shoot a car at dusk, how do you accommodate the change of natural light since the sun is going down? Do you just shoot the shots as fast as you can? I'd imagine it'd take at least 6 plus shots to stack in post. I'd just think the sky would change so much that it'd be hard to blend them all in together.

^^^^I saw that on IG. Nice pick up.

I am actually thinking about doing a car shoot with some external flashes just for the heck of it and to see just practice. I got a question for anyone that has done it. So say if I shoot a car at dusk, how do you accommodate the change of natural light since the sun is going down? Do you just shoot the shots as fast as you can? I'd imagine it'd take at least 6 plus shots to stack in post. I'd just think the sky would change so much that it'd be hard to blend them all in together.

Thanks, man. Pretty excited to test it out.

For the sky at dusk situation, if you're already blending a few shots to get the car exposed, I'd just choose the best sky and leave it, instead of trying to blend 6 skies together.

^^^^Haha, dude....why didn't I think of that. For whatever reason I thought you had to blend all images all vertically but I guess you can just blend just the car. Just seems like that tripod needs to be solid. Any movement would just mess things up.

Thanks, man. Pretty excited to test it out.

For the sky at dusk situation, if you're already blending a few shots to get the car exposed, I'd just choose the best sky and leave it, instead of trying to blend 6 skies together.
how do u just separate the sky? We are talking about HDR correct?

Back
Top Bottom