The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Honestly you could do better. If $130 is your max budget I would save a little longer.

Black Friday is coming. Deals are out there for a t3i kit. Save up a little and you'll have a better camera.

guys what would recommend as a good price for a 60D? and is this model "worth it" in comparison to similar models (old or new)?
Not Worth it. I had a 50D and skipped the 60D. The 70D is much better. But now that I have a 6D I probably won't use the 70D as much. It be like that.

The OG Photog Thread was the reason I joined Niketalk! Seeing guys like Dj Buddha or j2o or Jaw Knee C and all the og cats got me into photography as a hobby and to see this thread still going strong is awesome! Can't believe it's been almost 8 years and to still see some of the same people posting... I never became a regular contributor but I regret that so much. Can't imagine if I could've developed my skills the way a lot of you have thanks to this thread. Keep shooting everyone and all of you just getting into photography good luck and have fun! This is definitely a great place for help and advice!

Not Worth it. I had a 50D and skipped the 60D. The 70D is much better. But now that I have a 6D I probably won't use the 70D as much. It be like that.

for what its worth what would you recommend tiering-wise whether it be the t-series canons? I've been juggling either copping a 60D but you've stated that the 70D was much better and it was no real difference from the 50..I've had none of those so i'm coming into this fresh.. I've been using my T1i for basically forever and I plan to upgrade in the next month of so.. holiday deals are always pretty decent..

for what its worth what would you recommend tiering-wise whether it be the t-series canons? I've been juggling either copping a 60D but you've stated that the 70D was much better and it was no real difference from the 50..I've had none of those so i'm coming into this fresh.. I've been using my T1i for basically forever and I plan to upgrade in the next month of so.. holiday deals are always pretty decent..
Depends on what you want in a camera. I used SnapSort.com as a starting place. Helped me compare specs. Upgrading to me was based on me expanding my business and giving clients better quality. I really like the 70D. Don't be afraid to go used either.

Depends on what you want in a camera. I used SnapSort.com as a starting place. Helped me compare specs. Upgrading to me was based on me expanding my business and giving clients better quality. I really like the 70D. Don't be afraid to go used either.

I'm definitely not afraid of going used lol

I wanted something in the semi-pro tiering. Great overall quality and video capabilities (mic plugins especially considering the T1i doesn't have it)..

I've been looking at the T series joints even though they're still considered entry level cams but I stopped following the major differences between models---specifically stopped at the t3i lol.

@fong it wasn't really a coordinated thing, it was just a get together i guess
If you are down with this kind of stuff, check out Flaskmob: http://instagram.com/flaskmob. Next one is 11/1. Honestly I am not to into the whole Flaskmob thing but it seems hip anyways. I find I am more constructive by myself or with less people.

I think the mob is good just to meet other photographers in the area. Yeah we're shooting the same stuff, but its a nice to be with everyone and vibe. I met some at flask that I can go shoot with in those smaller circles after. You can definitely get some cool shots at the mob though.

@fong it wasn't really a coordinated thing, it was just a get together i guess
I think the mob is good just to meet other photographers in the area. Yeah we're shooting the same stuff, but its a nice to be with everyone and vibe. I met some at flask that I can go shoot with in those smaller circles after. You can definitely get some cool shots at the mob though.

I keep forgetting you are on NT.

And I don't have any gripe about Flaskmob. I know some people are becoming anti-mob though and even calling them out but that ain't me. It looks fun for what it is but it's just too large for my taste. You have like one dude blowing fire and everyone is trying to get position to get the photo and there'd be no way I'd get as good of a photo unless I bumrushed it to the front. Just seems sort of a hassle anyways but it could teach me to be more of a go getter in getting street snaps.

Still, I'd like to shadow some folks and preferably people that are better than I am so I come out with some sort of knowledge or experience anyways. Perhaps one day if there are enough SF folks, we can do a NY meetup or something.

Haha, I rarely post on here anymore. I rarely even have time to lurk - which is surprising for me. Id like to post more in here but its tougher as we get older.

I completely understand the gripes about the mob as well. Its definitely huge now, but with anything that may come and go. It can be something where you try to shoot what everyone else is doing, which can be tough to get in position, or you just chill and shoot the **** with others. I personally would love the smaller meetups or just shadowing another. I still have a lot to learn and would love to get out of my comfort zone. I'm not big on networking but at places like this, especially being new to SF, I felt like going to these things is nice to meet others with similar interests, and less so about getting the same shot that 100 others are fighting for (i still shot those because well, i'm there)

How invested are you in canon glass? I love my Fuji but I don't know if I'd make that swap
I only got 1 lenses 50mm1.8 but i think its time to upgrade for some sigma 35mm 1.4 :D and nvm im not gonna trade my 6d lol, anyone here use sigma 35mm 1.4?

I only got 1 lenses 50mm1.8 but i think its time to upgrade for some sigma 35mm 1.4 :D and nvm im not gonna trade my 6d lol, anyone here use sigma 35mm 1.4?
This image (not mine) was shot with a 6D and 35mm 1.4 Sigma Art. The 6D is a good full frame camera but you are limiting yourself with the 50mm 1.8. If you invest a little in good glass you should be straight.

Selling my used (sparingly) t3i for $350, body only. Fair for both sides? I think it is, but I'd like some input.

Back
Top Bottom