The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

First couple of shots I took the other day....this is really a lot to learn lol, but it's quite interesting so far.

My Son

My Wife (that's our baby's due date on her feet)

Random tree at work

Always some inspiring shots in here. Just got back from vacation so I'll be editing and hopefully I can contribute too.

Also, saw this trending on Facebook

TL;DR: Some dude is making bank by showing off other people's Instagram posts

Well Instagram is Free. People repost memes and photos without giving credit all the time.

Yeah, but people don't make money directly from Instagram do they? This dude is posting up printouts of the posts, comments and all, in a gallery and selling them lol. I ain't mad, just think it's kinda crazy.

Yeah I say its similar to people selling t shirts with famous random images on them. Although this chick isn't really famous.

still in shock and denial right now fam. had a good night out shootin UNTIL a gust of wind at the top of Lombard sent my camera falling to the ground. get an error message saying I need to send it in to Nikon. Saul Badman.

As luck may have it though, I have a coworker transitioning to mirrorless and is selling his stuff. I need feed back from y'all PLEASE about which of the following lenses I should definitely swoop up from him to go along with the D700 body I will now have to buy from him:

Nikon 24mm 1.4
Nikon 50mm 1.4
Nikon 60mm 2.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Nikon 70-200 2.8

Thanks in advance...and these are a few of the last shots I got before the apparent attempted suicide of my camera.

lombard trails by ryan g, on Flickr

it's a bay thing. by ryan g, on Flickr

Let's Go Warriors. by ryan g, on Flickr

They all look good (personally don't care for the 60mm micro). What version is the 70-200 -- VR I or VR II?

Try a gofundme as well :nerd:

the 70-200 is VR II

Either the 85 or 70-200. I have both and will admit that I use the 85 more, but only because I have filters big enough for it and it's lighter. The 70-200 is ridiculous tho. I think it all depends on the deals he is throwing at you. Like if he says he will sell you the 70-200 for $2000 then pass because I just bought mine from B&H thru Nikon's annual sale for $2096. All good lenses tho

He was talkin' bout using the B&H trade in calculator as the guide for how much he would sell everything for.

I already have the 50 1.8 that I used on my d5300 and I've been itchin' to get the 70-200, but I feel like I would also need something wider, but I'm not sure if the 24mm is the way to go???

Either the 85 or 70-200. I have both and will admit that I use the 85 more, but only because I have filters big enough for it and it's lighter. The 70-200 is ridiculous tho. I think it all depends on the deals he is throwing at you. Like if he says he will sell you the 70-200 for $2000 then pass because I just bought mine from B&H thru Nikon's annual sale for $2096. All good lenses tho

24mm would be a nice addition. I heard the 24 is really nice. I have a 28mm myself. If he is going off of trade in value then you will more than likely get a deal

A few recent snaps from just walking around Baltimore

No DSLR, I just "shoot" with Ricoh GR and iPhone 6

Links to more pics of mine... feedback welcome :D

IG: foureyebull
foureyebull.com

Grafitti Alley... The warehouse is owned by a photographer, and every first Saturday of the month there is a photographer/model meet and greet. It is like "paparazzi" style but you can get some good shots, great for networking. Bmore has alot of spots to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom