The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Ever since I started posting photos I take when I visit national parks on IG, I've noticed I consistently get followed by various photographers and as soon as I follow back, they unfollow. Had no idea people were really doing this just to gain followers.

Ever since I started posting photos I take when I visit national parks on IG, I've noticed I consistently get followed by various photographers and as soon as I follow back, they unfollow. Had no idea people were really doing this just to gain followers.

:rofl:

I've noticed that too. I just never pay attention to who unfollows me. It's pretty sad what people will do for followers.

Family photos tonight
Military Engagement tomorrow night
Wedding on saturday

:pimp:

Just got off the phone with a late wedding booking for next friday :pimp: :pimp:

I may be able to replace my camera body this year.

Legit dreams coming true, yall!!!!!! Keep grinding

Flourish :nthat:

First time posting in here but have been scoping everyone's work and stories. Hopefully I can connect with some of you guys. Always looking for inspiration... Can't wait to post some material I got from this current deployment I'm on when I get back. Got some good frames from Jerusalem! Check me out though I have a couple of links in my bio.. always looking for feedback.

Family photos tonight
Wedding on saturday

pimp.gif

Just got off the phone with a late wedding booking for next friday
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good stuff man. Trying to get active like this when I move to DC.

Family photos tonight

Wedding on saturday

:pimp:

Just got off the phone with a late wedding booking for next friday :pimp: :pimp:

Good stuff man. Trying to get active like this when I move to DC.

Stay consistent with your content especially in the delivery, build an audience, and clients will come.

Y'all would be shocked at how much my audience and client base has grown in the past 6 months. Haven't missed a single post. Consistency really is the key to growth.

Hey guys, quick advice.

Currently with an old D40 I got in 2008 and would like to further my photography, nothingg serious your basic pictures and hobby type photography.

Shouls I invest in a "better" camera? Or should I try different lenses with the D40? Any recommendation on lenses? Someone suggest a 50 1.8 lens. Was also looking at the D3300 but on Amazon theres an "old model". D3200 for a good price. Any ideas on this? I assume any camera will be better than my ancient D40.

This is the link:

Amazon product ASIN B007VGGFZU

Or any other recommendations on DSLR's around $500?

Last edited:
^^^^^^It sort of depends but I would get a new camera. The D40 is damn near a fossil at this point and technology has progressed so much. If you are just doing some daytime shooting though, the D40 might be fine but you'll see the wear and tear of it when you try and shoot night stuff.

The D3200 is fine. The D3300 had differences but it might not be that big of a deal but the ISO being better is a big thing but only if you shoot low light stuff or fast action things. And the 50mm is the go too cheap lens but it's not an all in one and will act as a portrait lens or a telephoto. You would need a wide angle if you want wide shots.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/nikon/d3200/vs/nikon/d3300/

I think there is only one time that happened to me about 2 years back where I got way butt hurt over it for no reason. He's a local SF IGer (and follows people on here) and has sick photos but I noticed he followed me only to unfollow me within the month. I didn't get it then but now I am like over it.

DJYoung08

Stay consistent with your content especially in the delivery, build an audience, and clients will come.

Y'all would be shocked at how much my audience and client base has grown in the past 6 months. Haven't missed a single post. Consistency really is the key to growth.
Pretty much what it is especially on being on the youtube platform. Got like 10 weddings booked next year and the funny thing is I haven't posted any wedding photos this year yet since i'm clearing out 2015 ones for blogs so toward the end of 2016 i can start posting those. :lol:

After multiple haggling around 34th I managed to grab a D3300 for $400 brand new with lens and everything. Was hagglig at $400 for a 3200 til one place threw me that deal.

EDIT

Grabbed as in not bought yet but got that deal. Are these places legit? Ive always been an advocate of "too good to be true".

Last edited:
After multiple haggling around 34th I managed to grab a D3300 for $400 brand new with lens and everything. Was hagglig at $400 for a 3200 til one place threw me that deal.

EDIT

Grabbed as in not bought yet but got that deal. Are these places legit? Ive always been an advocate of "too good to be true".

That price isnt bad.

$310 body only...

Amazon product ASIN B00ICTT1FG
+

50mm 1.8 for $175

Amazon product ASIN B004Y1AYAC
+

35mm 1.8 for $167
Amazon product ASIN B001S2PPT0
+ memory cards and a bag & you're set

Back
Top Bottom