The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Need some help here. I want to take pictures with this vertical layout without actually having to crop it. Look at image 1 and then 2. What do I have to do with my DSLR to automatically take pictures like image 2 without having to take them like image 1 and then cropping it. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
IMAGE1:

IMAGE2:

not completely sure i, completely, understand the question, completely...but sounds like you’d need to try some different focal lengths to get what you want in the frame?

It's wild, people aren't taking into consideration their time.

This is true I never really thought of it in that sense but folks should still value their time wisely.

maybe...or perhaps these folk are both literally & figuratively lacking in one, some, or all of the aforementioned...it kinda sucks for photographers trying to really make a living or just capture commiserate compensation for their effort, experience, and erudition, unfortunately #itbelikethatsometimes...

some randoms that i may have posted before

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

Last edited:
Been a while since my last post in NT lol
lately i've been shooting with 35mm camera and it was very funn
here's some random pic :

Daniel Caesar by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Rail by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Stripes by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Submarine by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Mirrored by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
Wing by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
above by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr
But I Don't Disco by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr

and here last picture with some digital camera :rofl:
Free by Akmal Shihab, on Flickr

sorry for the longpost guys!

follow me on Ig : @akmalshb

:nthat::nthat::nthat:

am i the only one who is about 5'5-5'7? its been awhile since i've measured my height but just wondering lmao

I'm 5'6" lol

lol do you have an issue with taller subjects? some people have told me to get a stool lol. photography is my hobby for now so i dont shoot a ton. im going to try shooting more often and was just wondering what others do incase i run into any problems. for now i just use my screen flipped out and hold my camera up. if i shoot film thats a different story lmao

lol do you have an issue with taller subjects? some people have told me to get a stool lol. photography is my hobby for now so i dont shoot a ton. im going to try shooting more often and was just wondering what others do incase i run into any problems. for now i just use my screen flipped out and hold my camera up. if i shoot film thats a different story lmao
Bruh, I would tell that person to sit his *** down ....

It really depends what you are shooting, but shoot my fashion is better to shot from bottom up than up Down.

Nothing worst than a model with nice long legs look like a ****** ...

I don't photograph people so I don't have that problem lol. I would move farther away and use a zoom lens or tell them to crouch lol.

Bruh, I would tell that person to sit his *** down ....

It really depends what you are shooting, but shoot my fashion is better to shot from bottom up than up Down.

Nothing worst than a model with nice long legs look like a ****** ...

haha you're right. have any links to your stuff?

I don't photograph people so I don't have that problem lol. I would move farther away and use a zoom lens or tell them to crouch lol.

i know you mostly shoot cars, but that makes sense lol.

Screenshot_20180127-212712.jpg

^^^^Jesus man. I am itching to go back to Portland and especially since the weather is better. That camp/car setup is insane. Would have been dope to light paint the car.

Is the last photo a hot spring? I wonder if it would make sense to do a road trip from Seattle to Portland and just stop on spots on the way.

^
Yea, that's Umpqua Hot Springs, like 4 hours southeast of Portland. It's a whole series of natural hotsprings set into the hillside overlooking a river. The top pool is the hottest and as you move down they get cooler. i wanted to get a shot with the whole set of pools down the hill but the place was crawling with naked hippies :sick::lol:

Better shot of it here:
Umpqua-hot-springs-600x434.jpg

Seattle to Portland would be a good trip, but I think you could see way more if you did SF to Portland.

bjamez20 bjamez20 Have you ever been to Mount rainier? You might have been already I just may have forgotten that you posted pics of it lol

bjamez20 bjamez20 Have you ever been to Mount rainier? You might have been already I just may have forgotten that you posted pics of it lol
Not yet but I want to make it out there when the weather gets a little nicer. I’ve seen some incredible Milky Way shots with wildflowers in the foreground from that area. Need to cross a few WA spots off my list - Rainier, Olympic NP, Palouse Falls

so im trying to stay away from other peoples presets and find my own style of editing. what do you guys think of this? before and after

IMG_7372-2.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom