The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Upload on flickr.
Get a link to the size I want.
Pushbullet to my phone.
Upload onto IG.

Definitely check youtube. Everything is pretty much on there. Literally search anything that comes to mind and it will be on there from the camera gear, editing, shooting weddings, landscapes, night, morning, etc. Check Tony and Chelsea's channel as well as Matt Granger, Kai Wong, and even old Digital Rev videos.

Also wanted to add Christopher Frost (like him cause he does great reviews on budget stuff), Serge Ramelli, Peter Mckinnon, Phlearn, and Maarten Sharder. Learned a bunch from these guys.

Haha. Tech has really advanced in the last year or so. I so want to shoot high megapixels and get that crazy dynamic range but I just don't want to invest in a new system nor do I have a computer that can run that big size files. I am going to wait till I get a new iMac since the one I have is a 2010 model. Then think about what system I want to go to.....which will probably be Sony.

Feel like everyone's making the move to Sony. I'm hoping to upgrade from this 550D to a 6D or 5DMK2/3 when I can find one for a great deal.

Finally did a shoot over the weekend for the first time in almost a year. Forgot how anal I am about editing. Feel like there's always more I can do so I never finish it :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^I do pretty much the same thing. Send a JPEG to myself in an email and upload it as full res. As state, try sharpening your photo and click on the photo as a preview to see what it looks like. I don't think there really is a right way to post a photo but I could be wrong.

I'm gonna try out some different things. Like I said I think IG compresses it after a certain amount of time. I've had pics that have looked good when I post them, only to go back the next day and they are extremely pixelated.

Maybe a little off topic, but what is your guys' workflow for posting to IG after shooting with your DSLR? I've found that a lot of the stuff I post looks good initially and then it seems like it gets compressed and loses quality when I go back later and look at it. Where as I had some pictures sent to me that were taken by someone else with their camera and it seems like they never lost quality after posting.

I usually share mine through Lightroom Mobile or from Google Photos after I upload em.

28287627248_6a66a021ba_b.jpg

41258987065_82e945918d_b.jpg

Looking at getting this wth the 18-55 kit lens to pick up photography as a hobby, how do you like it? After lots of research I picked it over the Sony’s mirrorless equivalent.
Being my first real camera, I like it alot. I got the 16-50 lens since the other was on backorder, but have been using adapted vintage lenses majority of the time. I'd recommend it. no beef so far with it.

Fixed my lens. Focus seems a tiny bit off but I could be wrong. Might have just lost the VR functioning after one of the wires broke off but I'm not too concerned if that's what I lost. Either way getting back my 18-105mm lens for basically $20 of tools and some time it's worth it. Also got these Neewer Reflectors. Gonna test them out tonight with my flash I hope. Got a family gathering gig 6/2. Trying to get my ball rolling.

Sold my 5D mk iii but the shop didn’t hold my a7iii for me and it’s sold out everywhere. Come on Sony, step your shipment game up.

have you tried the sony a7 system yet? if not, maybe try to swing a rental...might help your transition (seems like some coming dslrs have tough adjustment with the sonys)?

have you tried the sony a7 system yet? if not, maybe try to swing a rental...might help your transition (seems like some coming dslrs have tough adjustment with the sonys)?

Not yet, I was hoping to pick mine up this week but that looks like a no go. That's a good idea tho, I think I will rent one out next week if I don't get the one I ordered.

Sold my 5D mk iii but the shop didn’t hold my a7iii for me and it’s sold out everywhere. Come on Sony, step your shipment game up.
How much you ended up getting for it? How about the rest of the gear?

ALL prices include shipping , items ship out of Queens Ny
paypal only , or cash if picking up .. located in Queens NY , 5 minutes from LaGuardia airport.
items ship within 48 hours of payment
first come first serve basis.. (no dibs)

A7R3 , I've owned it for less than 6 months.
fully functional . includes the original box , strap(never used) original battery , charger and cable protector ..
the body is in very clean condition , with only one cosmetic blemish as shown in the 3rd picture, this happened due to black rapid sling i use , the metal part rubs and wore paint down.

other than that it is very good all around.

I'm asking $2600 , will consider reasonabl

How much you ended up getting for it? How about the rest of the gear?

ALL prices include shipping , items ship out of Queens Ny
paypal only , or cash if picking up .. located in Queens NY , 5 minutes from LaGuardia airport.
items ship within 48 hours of payment
first come first serve basis.. (no dibs)

A7R3 , I've owned it for less than 6 months.
fully functional . includes the original box , strap(never used) original battery , charger and cable protector ..
the body is in very clean condition , with only one cosmetic blemish as shown in the 3rd picture, this happened due to black rapid sling i use , the metal part rubs and wore paint down.

other than that it is very good all around.

I'm asking $2600 , will consider reasonabl

I sold the whole package for $2,300. I bought it for $2,800 so I didn't suffer too much depreciation.

I'll check out that spoiler.

Back
Top Bottom