The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

How come no one informed me about the apparent NT Photo Thread Summit 2010? That's some effed up stuff, guys. Not cool.
Where?
Dude, it was at Balboa Park yesterday apparently. You missed out too?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

How come no one informed me about the apparent NT Photo Thread Summit 2010? That's some effed up stuff, guys. Not cool.
Where?
Dude, it was at Balboa Park yesterday apparently. You missed out too?
smh.gif
Oh.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Had me ready to pack.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^Any way I could get bigger versions of those? I'd love one for my desktop

Yeah, I did a re-edit on one though. I dunno how to upload to flickr in its original size, but here they are in larges.If someone could show me how to uploadin original sizes? These are as big as I can go

Airbutchie: Indeed, the ferraro building shot you have was during Christmas?
4264442969_32e7497a72_b.jpg

4263770131_ed9c6e0d86_b.jpg

4264437738_5f4575bf58_b.jpg

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Originally Posted by mrshadow

whats a 365 day project?

To take pictures everyday, until the year finishes...

...right?

I've tried that, just doing a pic a day... Got a couple months with some spots missing before I called it quits. It actually takes a lot of dedication ifphotography isnt a main thing in your life, haha.

I was wondering how you shoot shots like this with kind of a old school classy look...kinda sepia but iunno...I always see pics like this...is there a specialfilter or something? I recently picked up the Lumix LX3 so If anyone knows how to get that look specifically for the LX3 like are there certain settings oranything i need to do?

3499svc.jpg

2d0geo1.jpg

hrmrn9.jpg

Originally Posted by mrshadow

whats a 365 day project?

...right?
I thought it was to take a picture of yourself every day for a year. As a way of documenting how you change over the course of a year.

Some people get super artistic with it, while others just take a standard photo of themselves everyday.

Maybe I'm wrong
laugh.gif

I have another nude shoot tomorrow i wanna do raunchy looks like i usually do and mix it up with some artistic shots.. big problem is my speed flash is brokeso either i have to run to B&H in the am and get another or i can use my slave flash's.. any good tricks on getting good shots just using those andbuilt in flash's also.. Give me a good white balance/exposure setting to improve my shots? Should i 0 out the meter for all shots dealing with flash ? ijust want to know were to start out to make this go a little better then my previous works..

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

mrshadow wrote:

whats a 365 day project?

...right?
I thought it was to take a picture of yourself every day for a year. As a way of documenting how you change over the course of a year.

Some people get super artistic with it, while others just take a standard photo of themselves everyday.

Maybe I'm wrong
laugh.gif

There are variations.If you want to stick with self-portrait you can do so.You can also set a theme...or just anything to complete the 365 photos...basically 1photo a day for 365 days.I've also tried this last year but only lasted for 3 months and re-started again last Jan.1...others like my sister is into"Project 52".That's 1 photo per week for the whole year and she's doing it in all black & white theme.

The purpose of the project is improve your creativity, composition and overall camera skills and most importantly getting to know your camera better. For thosewho think can't make the Project 365, you do a "Project 30" instead (1 photo a day for 30 days).Get a feel on the project then just progress.

IMO, the self-portrait project 365 is tough since you need to be really artistic and creative in shooting your self-portrait.

HTH.

Ok so a quick question about creating and selecting Custom White balance (using a Canon Rebel XSI).

If you're moving from room to room with completely different lighting, which White Balance are you supposed to select whenyou are actually taking the picture of the white piece of paper?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^Any way I could get bigger versions of those? I'd love one for my desktop

Airbutchie: Indeed, the ferraro building shot you have was during Christmas?
Yup... December 17th, I believe, when I went night shooting there... Hehhhehhe...

- airbutchie
smile.gif

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by ourtran

Are we having a san diego photo summit? count me in.
When is this happening? what did i miss?

Originally Posted by ourtran

Are we having a san diego photo summit? count me in.

It was a few days ago at Balboa Park, guys. These other dudes went and didn't even tell us.
smh.gif

Spoiler [+]
For those that still haven't gotten it, it was a joke. There's no summit. There never was. I just thought it was funny that 3 NT Photo thread guys were at the same spot on the same day.

^ lol

one of them was me and the other is my brother (iAllan)

I knew it was a joke....i was just trying to spice it up. SoCal Photography Thread Summit in 2010? Who's down? We can invite a bunch of models from socal?

Back
Top Bottom