The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

jordan supreme - Andrew Heap and Tyler Heap. Tyler is a freshman so I don't think he plays, and Andrew may be on his Mormon mission thing.

Stormy in San Diego...
4286097627_4604360675_b.jpg

4286091605_d0803a031b_b.jpg

Originally Posted by nikefiend68

Initially seen this picture ^ on my phone screen, (lol @ me because) I thought you had thrown a razor blade into the sky, the glare was the sunand the lines were clouds... but now on a PC and I'm like
laugh.gif
Ohhh,I see.

@DRich30 - good stuff, I like it, almost look like promo stuff for the headphones

@airjordanjack - Very nice pictures, inspirational to me at least because Ihate going out to take pictures when or after it rains but you made it work.

@airbutchie - sick, very clean, bold and creative... also looks like it could beuse as promo stuff for Canon imo... wish I could say more (about all three of y'all pictures actually)

Thanks for sharing.

Anyways, here are two from my 52 week assignment, nothing major...

Perspective - View Large On Black

Architecture - View Large

As always, feel free to C/C and more on my Flickr page.

As much as I am not a drug head at all, I think it is intriguing taking pics of people taking or using drugs. Like if I had the chance and new I could be safedoing it, I would love to shoot pics in Columbia.

Originally Posted by RuleOfThirds

Sup NT, just wanted to get some feedback on my very first music video.
I've done promo work for clubs, car shows and personal stuff but never
actually
directed a video. I even did the casting call for the models. Check it
out and let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advanced!
happy.gif

http://wethewest.com/vide...eodirectlink&id=1134

If someone could embed, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Saw this video on your other thread. Which did you use most, the 7D or the 5D?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

As much as I am not a drug head at all, I think it is intriguing taking pics of people taking or using drugs. Like if I had the chance and new I could be safe doing it, I would love to shoot pics in Columbia.
laugh.gif
Colombia wouldn't be any different than say a bigcity like NY, LA. It's not like regular people walk around smoking cocaine and %@*%. haha.

^^^^Oddly enough, I was jsust watching this video:

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

As much as I am not a drug head at all, I think it is intriguing taking pics of people taking or using drugs. Like if I had the chance and new I could be safe
doing it, I would love to shoot pics in Columbia.
laugh.gif
Colombia wouldn't be any different than say a big city like NY, LA. It's not like regular people walk around smoking cocaine and +%%%. haha.

And I should have been more specific. Like go to Columbia and take pics at a cocaine factory. Kinda like the whole City of God thing...taking photos of"bad people".

Originally Posted by obie21

bums really get down like that

Not really. I've walked in that area a million times and nothing like that ever happens from how I see it. But I think that happened during theThrasher's Wallenburg event and I think there was just a gang load of skaters there at the time. Not sure how it started though but it looked pretty crazy.Bums vs. Skaters.....!

Quickster had a quick question on what your using as the floor on the photos? i bought a piece of black granite but seems to small to do normal size shoes..
4289698456_5c25fe17a2.jpg

4289699740_2f7c05949a.jpg

4288954771_6bc68c5975.jpg

I seriously need some help, someone please help me out:

I tried uploading all my pictures from two different card readers, and it didn't work.

I put it back in my 40D and it says card not formatted, what do I do?

mad.gif
!!!

I'm assuming all hope is lost.

Some more stuff

5z3xbo.jpg

2por6oh.jpg

10onv39.jpg

23h58w8.jpg

xng184.jpg

My 365 project continues.. Day 19 with the trusty P&S since im waiting for the new cam to arrive
glasses.gif

35c1z43.jpg

Some from the trip...

15dhrn.jpg

2u410yp.jpg

2wof0go.jpg

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I seriously need some help, someone please help me out:

I tried uploading all my pictures from two different card readers, and it didn't work.

I put it back in my 40D and it says card not formatted, what do I do?

mad.gif
!!!

I'm assuming all hope is lost.

^ thanks.

I was gonna start a new thread for this question...but I might as well keep this here where all I can probably get the best answer I'm looking for.

What are your thoughts on the micro-four-thirds? Like the Lumix GF-1?
lumix-gf1.jpg

I'm looking to buy a good point and shoot camera that I can take with me when I dont feel like lugging my D90 around and I came across these. I'veread some reviews online and this puppy got some awesome reviews on-line...but most of those sites are biased
eyes.gif
(ahem..ken rockwell)

what i know:
- cost a lot. (cost as much as a prosumer DSLR)
- takes pictures as good as a DSLR, or so from what I've read.
- inter-changeable lenses like a DSLR...but the I guess the only lens that matter as this point is the 20mm f/1.7
- NO VR or IS (what ever language you speak, it doesnt offer it at the moment)
- ISO 1600
- Shoots decent HD videos
- no AF servo
- very limited selection for lenses.

- in your opinion, is this something worth investing in? Not this particular model...probably next gen ones?
- Is the micro four thirds here to stay? or will it fade away in to nothingness in a couple of years?

Anyways...leaning towards the Canon S90.
pimp.gif

hey NT! so im looking to get an external lense for my powershot g10... what kind of lense shoould i get? im looking on ebay but hav no clue what anythingmeans... i basically want the focus to be more shallow. like so i want what im focused on to be clear but like 6 inches behind to be blurry and out of focus...you know? and i want something to make it clearer and more crisp....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by dstylezs

Does anyone have any expirience with LMRphotovideo.com ??? Legit or Not?
http://thoughts-of-dave.blogspot.com/2009/11/lmr-photo-video-aka-lmrphotovideocom.html

Stick to adorama.com, bhphotovideo.com, and amazon.com if you don't want to get screwed over and still want a good price.

Originally Posted by Diab0531

hey NT! so im looking to get an external lense for my powershot g10... what kind of lense shoould i get? im looking on ebay but hav no clue what anything means... i basically want the focus to be more shallow. like so i want what im focused on to be clear but like 6 inches behind to be blurry and out of focus... you know? and i want something to make it clearer and more crisp....any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can't make any suggestions on a lens specifically for the G10 (Santi?
nerd.gif
), but I can tell you that what you're looking for is referred to as depth of field. You can achieve that shallow depth of field with a smallerf-number. When you're looking at lenses, it should say XXmm f/X.X. The smaller the f/X.X number is (such as 1.4,1.8, 2.0, 2.8, etc) the more a shallow depth of field is achievable.

Wow, great stuff in this thread, really really talented people in here, and makes me look forward to what I'm going to do.

Hoping you all can help me out. I'm taking the plunge into the DSLR world, and am planning on doing so for my wife for valentine's day. We'vebeen borrowing my parents' Nikon D40 (totally stock) whenever we take trips, and it's time to get our own. My wife really enjoys photography andit's something we'll both enjoy growing into. I often turn back while we're walking through somewhere and she's stopped 100 feet back,snapping away.

I'm looking at the Nikon D5000, but am unsure about which lens to start with. I'm leaning away from the standard 18-55mm kit lens, but am otherwisetorn on which way to go:

35mm f/1.8G AF-S http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

or

55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

From what I've researched I think both work well off one anthoer, so we'd probably end up with both in the long run, but which do I start with? Welike to shoot a lot of landscape and city shots and nature closeups, but will also invariably use it at birthday parties, etc. from time to time as well.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.
happy.gif

This is my favorite recent picture from my 365 set:

4273276096_d6fb3bd1de_o.jpg

I'm currently on day 147. It started out normal, taking pictures of myself only, but I got bored with that. It's now more a photo journal. I takea picture of something that day that either represents me that particular day or something I did that was out of the ordinary. I also write a little bit aboutit. It's kinda my way for my parents to stay connected with me. I'm from West Virginia originally, and I go to school in Los Angeles. I only get tosee them a few weeks a year now, so they really enjoy it...even if the project is not what I had originally set out to do.

Back
Top Bottom