The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Wow!
eek.gif
BF3 taking hits, I was about to be one of those people too!

20990_57_battlefield_3_loses_over_34k_pre_orders_people_aren_t_happy_with_beta_full.jpg

PO

Originally Posted by PO2345

^^
Empire, it's a rumor that is floating around on forums, IGN is not officially releasing their score until tomorrow. I think the rumor is true though.

PO
Here are some links:
Check out what OPM Australia said about it when they also gave it a perfect 10

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/320937/batman-arkham-city-review-10/10-in-worlds-first-verdict/

Game Informer's leaked perfect 10 review from people who have the new issue:

http://gamingeverything.com/10356/game-informers-batman-arkham-city-review-is-in/

^^
Empire, it's a rumor that is floating around on forums, IGN is not officially releasing their score until tomorrow. I think the rumor is true though.

PO
Here are some links:
Check out what OPM Australia said about it when they also gave it a perfect 10

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/320937/batman-arkham-city-review-10/10-in-worlds-first-verdict/

Game Informer's leaked perfect 10 review from people who have the new issue:

http://gamingeverything.com/10356/game-informers-batman-arkham-city-review-is-in/

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

A 10?
I am a hardcore casual comic fan, if that makes sense. 
laugh.gif
 I dont buy comics, but I'll buy the trades and go on Wikipedia for hours to learn backstorys.

If this is as good as its sounding, combined of my love of the DC world, I may have to throw out a pre-order quick.
Can't believe you haven't been up on AA or this game. It looks like it will be breaking at least into the top 20 best reviewed games of all time and possibly even the top 10. From some industry friends of mine who have spent substantial time with it they've said it has the possibly the most well put together gameplay and scenario ever. I'm a HUGE Ocarina of time homer so it will have to surpass Ocarina's scenerio and Majora's masks level design for it to get a 10 in my book.

I was the same way with Arkham Asylum. I saw the demo at E3 years ago and never looked twice at checking it out. I was like "MEH, another bunch of licensed crap only this time it has Batman and the Joker." I had some friends at Pandemic Studios at the time who were working on "GTA Batman" and basically told me that Arkham Asylum put them out of business. That's when I knew it was going to actually be a serious title, but a first glance I totally passed it over.

A 10?
laugh.gif
 I dont buy comics, but I'll buy the trades and go on Wikipedia for hours to learn backstorys.

If this is as good as its sounding, combined of my love of the DC world, I may have to throw out a pre-order quick.
Can't believe you haven't been up on AA or this game. It looks like it will be breaking at least into the top 20 best reviewed games of all time and possibly even the top 10. From some industry friends of mine who have spent substantial time with it they've said it has the possibly the most well put together gameplay and scenario ever. I'm a HUGE Ocarina of time homer so it will have to surpass Ocarina's scenerio and Majora's masks level design for it to get a 10 in my book.

I was the same way with Arkham Asylum. I saw the demo at E3 years ago and never looked twice at checking it out. I was like "MEH, another bunch of licensed crap only this time it has Batman and the Joker." I had some friends at Pandemic Studios at the time who were working on "GTA Batman" and basically told me that Arkham Asylum put them out of business. That's when I knew it was going to actually be a serious title, but a first glance I totally passed it over.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

A 10?
laugh.gif

Can't believe you haven't been up on AA or this game. It looks like it will be breaking at least into the top 20 best reviewed games of all time and possibly even the top 10. From some industry friends of mine who have spent substantial time with it they've said it has the possibly the most well put together gameplay and scenario ever.

eek.gif
eek.gif

WOW !

That is saying a lot coming from someone like you who works in the industry and knows people in that industry.

I'm just hoping this isn't a situation like GTA IV where the game got a bunch of perfect 10 scores from a bunch of major review sites and press magazines and the game disappointed A LOT of people after they only played it halfway through the main story.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

A 10?
laugh.gif

Can't believe you haven't been up on AA or this game. It looks like it will be breaking at least into the top 20 best reviewed games of all time and possibly even the top 10. From some industry friends of mine who have spent substantial time with it they've said it has the possibly the most well put together gameplay and scenario ever.

eek.gif
eek.gif

WOW !

That is saying a lot coming from someone like you who works in the industry and knows people in that industry.

I'm just hoping this isn't a situation like GTA IV where the game got a bunch of perfect 10 scores from a bunch of major review sites and press magazines and the game disappointed A LOT of people after they only played it halfway through the main story.

858, I know about the other sites, I was just referring to IGN.

PO

Yeah I hear you. It's all good.
IGN's review & video review won't be up until 6AM pacific time tomorrow.

As far as game review goes for sites. I trust Destructoid & Game Informer more though.

Also I've checked out all of the pre order bonus DLC stuff and I think Best Buy has the best pre order stuff. 

Best Buy where I got my collectors edition pre ordered. 

858, I know about the other sites, I was just referring to IGN.

PO

Yeah I hear you. It's all good.
IGN's review & video review won't be up until 6AM pacific time tomorrow.

As far as game review goes for sites. I trust Destructoid & Game Informer more though.

Also I've checked out all of the pre order bonus DLC stuff and I think Best Buy has the best pre order stuff. 

Best Buy where I got my collectors edition pre ordered. 

Wow!
eek.gif

20990_57_battlefield_3_loses_over_34k_pre_orders_people_aren_t_happy_with_beta_full.jpg

PO

Really surprised BF3 would release that number. Im also surprised people are jumping ship so fast when the beta wasnt even that bad.

Also im glad to hear all the good talk about Batman, cant wait till it comes out. DLC codes should also move really well if the reviews are so high
pimp.gif

Wow!
eek.gif

PO

Really surprised BF3 would release that number. Im also surprised people are jumping ship so fast when the beta wasnt even that bad.

Also im glad to hear all the good talk about Batman, cant wait till it comes out. DLC codes should also move really well if the reviews are so high
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Really, Batman?
eek.gif

Why so
eek.gif
?  Been hyped up for a while now.  Never played AA?

Maybe BF3 should focus less on taking shots at COD.  I still crack up every time I hear "Above and Beyond the Call." 
laugh.gif

BTW, I don't think it's wise to cancel a pre-order over a beta before Decembers comes in here and tries to rip me a new one
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Really, Batman?
eek.gif

Why so
eek.gif
?  Been hyped up for a while now.  Never played AA?

Maybe BF3 should focus less on taking shots at COD.  I still crack up every time I hear "Above and Beyond the Call." 
laugh.gif

BTW, I don't think it's wise to cancel a pre-order over a beta before Decembers comes in here and tries to rip me a new one
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Wow!
eek.gif

PO
Really surprised BF3 would release that number. Also im glad to hear all the good talk about Batman, cant wait till it comes out. DLC codes should also move really well if the reviews are so high

34k?!

That's over 2 million dollars!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyways, it's fake (I follow there twitter and never seen that tweet), but still funny as hell. 

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Wow!
eek.gif

PO
Really surprised BF3 would release that number. Also im glad to hear all the good talk about Batman, cant wait till it comes out. DLC codes should also move really well if the reviews are so high

34k?!

That's over 2 million dollars!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyways, it's fake (I follow there twitter and never seen that tweet), but still funny as hell. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

It'll be worth it. Looking forward to this game the most of out all of the 4Q games.

Arkham City, along with WWE 12 for me.

And the great reviews for Arkham City aren't the least bit surprising seeing how great Arkham Asylum was.

Uncharted 3 has piqued my interest as well, but I'll get it in a few months or so after I platinum Uncharted 1 & 2 (hopefully)

Originally Posted by Proshares

It'll be worth it. Looking forward to this game the most of out all of the 4Q games.

Arkham City, along with WWE 12 for me.

And the great reviews for Arkham City aren't the least bit surprising seeing how great Arkham Asylum was.

Uncharted 3 has piqued my interest as well, but I'll get it in a few months or so after I platinum Uncharted 1 & 2 (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom