The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Skyrim got a 9.5 out of 10 on ign.

within 11 days the best games of the year all come out, how is one man suppose to keep up

Originally Posted by toine2983

18335.jpg

Perennial All-Star And American League Most Valuable Player Candidate
Adrian Gonzalez Announced as Cover Athlete For MLB[emoji]174[/emoji] 12 The Show™,
Exclusively on The PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 (PS3™) And PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Vita (PS Vita) Systems

Boston Red Sox Slugger Ready to Swing for the Fences
in the Latest Installment of the Highest-Rated Sports Game Franchise

FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 9, 2011 -- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) announced today the North American release of MLB[emoji]174[/emoji] 12 The Show™, the latest installment of the number-one selling and rated Major League Baseball[emoji]174[/emoji] (MLB[emoji]174[/emoji]) video game franchise. Gracing the cover of The Show in 2012 will be Boston Red Sox All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. A candidate for this year's America League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award, Gonzalez is a four-time All-Star (2008-2011), three-time Gold Glove winner (2008, 2009, 2011), and 2011 Silver Slugger Award winner.

Available for the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 (PS3™) and PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Vita (PS Vita) systems, MLB 12 The Show is due to arrive in stores on March 6, 2012, just in time for MLB Spring Training. The Show has been and continues to be the market leading and highest ranked officially licensed baseball title of this console generation (according to MetaCritic.com) and the number-one rated sports video game over the past four years (according to GameRankings.com), delivering true-to-life gameplay, authentic franchise and season modes, and incredible detail not found in any other sports game. MLB 12 The Show builds on what has been delivered in previous franchise releases, adding compelling features that bring unparalleled innovation and polish to the sports genre.

"I feel very humbled to be chosen for the cover of MLB 12 The Show," said Gonzalez, who recently won his third Gold Glove Award. "I think most sports fans would agree it's a dream come true to be immortalized as the cover athlete for a video game so I jumped at the chance to work with a leading franchise like The Show—it's truly a great honor."

"With a standout 2011 season in his first year with the Boston Red Sox, Adrian Gonzalez has cemented himself as one of the best all-around players in baseball," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. "Similarly, The Show has been the market leader and the highest rated, best-selling baseball video game franchise of all time. Therefore, Adrian was an easy choice and a perfect fit to represent the next installment of our critically acclaimed series, MLB 12 The Show."

The first overall pick by the Florida Marlins in the 2000 MLB Draft, Adrian Gonzalez has steadily become one of the top players in all of baseball, both on the field and at the plate. In 2010 while playing for the San Diego Padres, he was named team MVP for the third consecutive year and fourth time overall. In 2011, Gonzalez was traded to the Boston Red Sox in a blockbuster deal and enjoyed one of his best professional seasons, which included his 1,000 career hit, fourth consecutive All-Star selection, third Gold Glove, first Silver Slugger Award, and a top five finish in batting average (.338) and RBI (117) in all of baseball.

MLB 12 The Show is the first baseball video game cover for Gonzalez who joins an elite cast of cover athletes and spokespersons to represent The Show, including Minnesota Twins catcher and 2009 American League (AL) MVP Joe Mauer, Red Sox second baseman and 2008 AL MVP Dustin Pedroia, Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, and New York Mets third baseman David Wright. As the latest representative of SCEA's baseball series and ambassador for MLB 12 The Show, Gonzalez's duties will include participation in the game's motion capture process, artificial intelligence (A.I.) consultation, integration into all facets of the marketing campaign, and spokesperson for the franchise.

As Gonzalez continues to establish himself as one of the most talented players in the game today, MLB 12 The Show continues to build upon an already stellar reputation for immersion and unparalleled delivery of the baseball experience. With various new key features and enhancements to the critically acclaimed series, MLB 12 The Show is poised to continue the franchise's reign as the premier MLB licensed game on any platform. Specifically for PS Vita, MLB 12 The Show will utilize all of the core gameplay features found in the PS3 version providing a big league experience that players can take with them on road, anytime, anywhere. All new features for MLB 12 The Show will be unveiled and detailed throughout the course of the campaign, prior to the game's launch on March 6, 2012.

MLB 12 The Show.
pimp.gif

A Red Sox on the cover.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I think I'm gonna just keep MLB 11 this year...Prob. will change me mind when March rolls around though

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Skyrim got a 9.5 out of 10 on ign.

within 11 days the best games of the year all come out, how is one man suppose to keep up
This. Still have to play a second time through Batman, finishing UC3 on Crushing, start MGS HD, . . . 
tired.gif

Oh well, next summer will slow down. 
laugh.gif

The new one? The wireless one that comes in the big blue box? I didn't know! 
eek.gif

If so, that & Empire's review will be the icing on the cake for me regarding this purchase! Thanks. 

Yea, I thought I mentioned that feature. It's pretty awesome. I dont sleep until later so its nice to be able to watch movies with only headphone sound so the lady can sleep. 

Originally Posted by jrp44

18335.jpg

Perennial All-Star And American League Most Valuable Player Candidate
Adrian Gonzalez Announced as Cover Athlete For MLB[emoji]174[/emoji] 12 The Show™,
Exclusively on The PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 (PS3™) And PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Vita (PS Vita) Systems

Boston Red Sox Slugger Ready to Swing for the Fences
in the Latest Installment of the Highest-Rated Sports Game Franchise

FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 9, 2011 -- Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) announced today the North American release of MLB[emoji]174[/emoji] 12 The Show™, the latest installment of the number-one selling and rated Major League Baseball[emoji]174[/emoji] (MLB[emoji]174[/emoji]) video game franchise. Gracing the cover of The Show in 2012 will be Boston Red Sox All-Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. A candidate for this year's America League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award, Gonzalez is a four-time All-Star (2008-2011), three-time Gold Glove winner (2008, 2009, 2011), and 2011 Silver Slugger Award winner.

Available for the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]3 (PS3™) and PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]Vita (PS Vita) systems, MLB 12 The Show is due to arrive in stores on March 6, 2012, just in time for MLB Spring Training. The Show has been and continues to be the market leading and highest ranked officially licensed baseball title of this console generation (according to MetaCritic.com) and the number-one rated sports video game over the past four years (according to GameRankings.com), delivering true-to-life gameplay, authentic franchise and season modes, and incredible detail not found in any other sports game. MLB 12 The Show builds on what has been delivered in previous franchise releases, adding compelling features that bring unparalleled innovation and polish to the sports genre.

"I feel very humbled to be chosen for the cover of MLB 12 The Show," said Gonzalez, who recently won his third Gold Glove Award. "I think most sports fans would agree it's a dream come true to be immortalized as the cover athlete for a video game so I jumped at the chance to work with a leading franchise like The Show—it's truly a great honor."

"With a standout 2011 season in his first year with the Boston Red Sox, Adrian Gonzalez has cemented himself as one of the best all-around players in baseball," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. "Similarly, The Show has been the market leader and the highest rated, best-selling baseball video game franchise of all time. Therefore, Adrian was an easy choice and a perfect fit to represent the next installment of our critically acclaimed series, MLB 12 The Show."

The first overall pick by the Florida Marlins in the 2000 MLB Draft, Adrian Gonzalez has steadily become one of the top players in all of baseball, both on the field and at the plate. In 2010 while playing for the San Diego Padres, he was named team MVP for the third consecutive year and fourth time overall. In 2011, Gonzalez was traded to the Boston Red Sox in a blockbuster deal and enjoyed one of his best professional seasons, which included his 1,000 career hit, fourth consecutive All-Star selection, third Gold Glove, first Silver Slugger Award, and a top five finish in batting average (.338) and RBI (117) in all of baseball.

MLB 12 The Show is the first baseball video game cover for Gonzalez who joins an elite cast of cover athletes and spokespersons to represent The Show, including Minnesota Twins catcher and 2009 American League (AL) MVP Joe Mauer, Red Sox second baseman and 2008 AL MVP Dustin Pedroia, Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, and New York Mets third baseman David Wright. As the latest representative of SCEA's baseball series and ambassador for MLB 12 The Show, Gonzalez's duties will include participation in the game's motion capture process, artificial intelligence (A.I.) consultation, integration into all facets of the marketing campaign, and spokesperson for the franchise.

As Gonzalez continues to establish himself as one of the most talented players in the game today, MLB 12 The Show continues to build upon an already stellar reputation for immersion and unparalleled delivery of the baseball experience. With various new key features and enhancements to the critically acclaimed series, MLB 12 The Show is poised to continue the franchise's reign as the premier MLB licensed game on any platform. Specifically for PS Vita, MLB 12 The Show will utilize all of the core gameplay features found in the PS3 version providing a big league experience that players can take with them on road, anytime, anywhere. All new features for MLB 12 The Show will be unveiled and detailed throughout the course of the campaign, prior to the game's launch on March 6, 2012.

MLB 12 The Show.
pimp.gif

A Red Sox on the cover.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I think I'm gonna just keep MLB 11 this year...Prob. will change me mind when March rolls around though

laugh.gif
 I'll just pull the cover out and use it as a dart board or something.

After seeing Resistance 3 numbers I thought maybe PS3 owners weren't interested a ton in the major franchises, but holy crap...
[h1]Uncharted 3 Sells 3.8 Million Copies[/h1][h2]Sony has now confirmed that the number represents units sold.[/h2][h2]November 10, 2011[/h2]

Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores. 

Nick Caplin, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's head of communications, said that "Uncharted 3 is a blockbuster and these incredible sales figures reflect that." 

"Consumers are clearly as eager to play the game as critics were to heap praise upon it, and the team at Naughty Dog deserve this fantastic reception at retail," he added. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by jrp44

MLB 12 The Show.
pimp.gif

A Red Sox on the cover.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I'll just pull the cover out and use it as a dart board or something.
I'm just saying that for the sake of saving $60 not just bc of the cover
laugh.gif

[h1]Ono: No disc-based updates for Street Fighter X Tekken, using new netcode[/h1]
Upon release, Street Fighter X Tekken will be using a new, different netcode than the Street Fighter IV series, according to Yoshinori Ono.

sfxt1110.jpg

Furthermore, the netcode being used is not the same one Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 uses.

“I hope to demonstrate the specifics of it to everyone at a later date,â€

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

After seeing Resistance 3 numbers I thought maybe PS3 owners weren't interested a ton in the major franchises, but holy crap...
[h1]Uncharted 3 Sells 3.8 Million Copies[/h1][h2]Sony has now confirmed that the number represents units sold.[/h2][h2]November 10, 2011[/h2]

Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores. 

Nick Caplin, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's head of communications, said that "Uncharted 3 is a blockbuster and these incredible sales figures reflect that." 

"Consumers are clearly as eager to play the game as critics were to heap praise upon it, and the team at Naughty Dog deserve this fantastic reception at retail," he added. 
First day? No way! Wow, congrats ND. It deserve all the awesomeness. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Sony mean's sold to retails (aka shipped) not sold at retail (aka people that bought the game). Sony loves to do this word magic to makes things appear better than they are. By looking at the preorder numbers I highly doubt more than a million people bought this game so far. And it won't hit that number of actual sold games until next year

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Sony mean's sold to retails (aka shipped) not sold at retail (aka people that bought the game). Sony loves to do this word magic to makes things appear better than they are. By looking at the preorder numbers I highly doubt more than a million people bought this game so far. And it won't hit that number of actual sold games until next year

just admit youre madd dude, microsoft did the same thing by claiming 3 million gears sold in the first week, with only 1 million pre orders to go by and way before the months NPD was even reported

youre whole claim of Uncharted 3 getting slaughtered by Gears 3 was a bunch of !%*$*!$+,  face it dude = better sales and better review scores

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

just admit youre madd dude, microsoft did the same thing by claiming 3 million gears sold in the first week, with only 1 million pre orders to go by and way before the months NPD was even reported

youre whole claim of Uncharted 3 getting slaughtered by Gears 3 was a bunch of !%*$*!$+,  face it dude = better sales and better review scores

a78251bee4b4470e976b9cf0ba195feaeb57755.jpeg

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

You just mad bro. Gears sold a legit 3 million worldwide to customers in September. And it will see 2-2.5 times more that UC3. And you talking like Gears reviews where bad
laugh.gif
. Uncharted will never, ever, ever, ever be as big as Gears, never. Gears will rape Uncharted in sales and Sony's wordplay won't change that fact 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wait till NPD comes out, Gears did over 2 million. Lets see what UC3 does, I doubt it will even be half of that 

You just mad bro. Gears sold a legit 3 million worldwide to customers in September. And it will see 2-2.5 times more that UC3. And you talking like Gears reviews where bad
laugh.gif
. Uncharted will never, ever, ever, ever be as big as Gears, never. Gears will rape Uncharted in sales and Sony's wordplay won't change that fact 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wait till NPD comes out, Gears did over 2 million. Lets see what UC3 does, I doubt it will even be half of that 

i never said gears reviews were bad, i just said uncharted did better, it also doesnt change what i said about microsoft reporting 3 million before npd reported, you know damn well those were shipped numbers too, as far as NPD uncharted sales go, im not holding my breath for uncharted 3 do better in the US where microsoft has like a 10 million console lead, only dudes waving the microsoft flag only care about the US so keep waving that microsoft flag bro,

now you madd that youre "uncharted gonna join in getting slaughtered" claim is is sitting next to lebrons 7 championship rings

microsoft gave you 1 exclusive this year and nathan drake spit in its mouth
roll.gif
  (edit.... i forgot about forza but whatever, nobodys talking about that)

How did you come to that conclusion, when the article states:

"Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores"

It's like you did not even bother reading.
laugh.gif

Anyways congrats to UC3 & Empire thanks for the re-confirmation. Picking them up tomorrow!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

PO

Originally Posted by PO2345

How did you come to that conclusion, when the article states:

"Despite some confusion this morning about whether the number represented units shipped or units sold, Sony has now confirmed to IGN that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its first day in stores"

It's like you did not even bother reading.
laugh.gif

Anyways congrats to UC3 & Empire thanks for the re-confirmation. Picking them up tomorrow!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

PO
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
If you checked you would know that Sony clarified the number was units sold to retailers not consumers aka "shipped". 
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's like you didn't even bother doing research before running your mouth 
laugh.gif

You dudes are in denial or delusional believing Sony's BS. If Uncharted did 3.8 million on the first day that means its release was bigger than BF3 and MW3 releases on the the PS3. When NPD comes out and Sony's earning report happenings it is going to expose that these numbers are BS. And I'll be there to point it out to you fools for drinking the Kool-Aid 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Gears sold 3 million to consumers in its first week. 
pimp.gif
, UC3 gotta wait till next year to touch that 

It seems a little hypocritical to me that you say we are, "drinking the kool-aid", then follow it up with obscene Microsoft slurping. Why come in this thread if it bothers you so much?
NT's PS3 community > *    ... and that's pretty much why you are mad.

And Gears sold 3 million to consumers in its first week. 
pimp.gif
, UC3 gotta wait till next year to touch that

no it didnt, youre just assuming that it sold another million in the rest of the world in that first week for which there was no evidence for

youre drinking the green kool-aid a lot harder than we're drinking the blue stuff

Rusty, where did it state that it was sold to retailers?...Because in the IGN article Sony clarifies it states units sold "IN STORES" not "TO STORES"
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

PO

it actually is to stores, but whatever, rusty's just trying to come in here hating on sony and naughty dog, all statements like these (including M$) are about units shipped, the only time theyre not is when the monthly npd rolls around

on another note, yall hear that steam was just hit
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Rusty, where did it state that it was sold to retailers?...Because in the IGN article Sony clarifies it states units sold "IN STORES" not "TO STORES"
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

PO

30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

PO
30t6p3b.gif
 Its all over forums that IGN got it wrong and that Sony meant sold to retailers not to consumers. Do some research brah 
laugh.gif

Like I said before the Uncharted Series will never touch the Gears series. What Gears 3 does by the end of the year, UC3 won't even do lifetime 
pimp.gif

And 2012 is going to be straight comedy, Sony is *#%%*@. Got Twisted Metal 
roll.gif
roll.gif
and probably God of War 
pimp.gif
. Halo 4's sales in one week will beat these games lifetime sales 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Y'all PS3 fanboys need to stop talking about exclusives and start buying them...brb checkin Resistance 3's and Killzone 3's sales 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

PO
30t6p3b.gif
 Its all over forums that IGN got it wrong and that Sony meant sold to retailers not to consumers. Do some research brah 
laugh.gif

Like I said before the Uncharted Series will never touch the Gears series. What Gears 3 does by the end of the year, UC3 won't even do lifetime 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
and probably God of War 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Y'all PS3 fanboys need to stop talking about exclusives and start buying them...brb checkin Resistance 3's and Killzone 3's sales 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

This dude... didn't know people still did the childish gaming trolling.  Take it somewhere else son.

30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

PO
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
and probably God of War 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Stop ducking me and please answer.
Why do you think we care about your opinion? You have zero facts. All speculation. Who are you in the end? Another person with a single opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. We are adults, we'll make our own decisions.

Your NT career consists of trolling threads. Stick to the Jordan Brand forum, getting called out on your "inside knowledge". 
laugh.gif

I hope when you type your information in to log into Niketalk and assume this facade you have created for yourself, it helps you deal with whatever traumatic events(s) that are obviously effecting your mental health. 

Back
Top Bottom