The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Picked up an old tube panasonic TV from my buddy grandparents house ..VHS + DVD player still works
laugh.gif

time to dig up my old gaming systems

Remember this console generation is aimed at all those 8-10 year old who got into gaming on the Wii and have become teenagers. Do not think that 20 something male's are Sony's target market. Look at what your younger siblings are into from a social, technological, and attitude perspective to see where this is all headed.
I don't like the sound of this but hearing how powerful Orbis is and knowing the studios they have won't this mean that Sony is pushing to appeal to everyone from the get go, instead of only focusing on kids and families later on in the consoles life when it gets cheap like they're doing with wonderbook on the PS3?
its kind of weird to hear that because you would think that the ps4 would be aimed at us, the people who grew up with ps1, ps2, ps3 and im sure they will aim at us

but the truth is that the original ps1 was aimed that the kids who had played SNES and became teenagers so its part of playstation''s dna

im sure theyll hit everyone on the 20th

Last edited:
Remember when we told you of rumblings on the next PlayStation system's controller and how it might have a touchscreen? Well, get a look at this strange thing. This image of what looks like a PlayStation-style controller plugged into something that looks like a development kit has been floating around for the past day. 

It does look like a touchscreen has been worked into the middle of the controller. What's that thing on the top? Also, get a load of those analog sticks. They look like belly buttons. Gross!

Apparently they've tried out several versions of controllers for whatever this next game system is; it's possible that this is one of them. 

There's a chance we'll know more next week at Sony's big reveal of...something in New York. 

I kind of hope that this is fake. 

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/what-the...-controller--244985.phtml#mvcYSwaItW5FIyb4.99

Remember when we told you of rumblings on the next PlayStation system's controller and how it might have a touchscreen? Well, get a look at this strange thing. This image of what looks like a PlayStation-style controller plugged into something that looks like a development kit has been floating around for the past day. 
It does look like a touchscreen has been worked into the middle of the controller. What's that thing on the top? Also, get a load of those analog sticks. They look like belly buttons. Gross!
Apparently they've tried out several versions of controllers for whatever this next game system is; it's possible that this is one of them. 
There's a chance we'll know more next week at Sony's big reveal of...something in New York. 
I kind of hope that this is fake. 

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/what-the...-controller--244985.phtml#mvcYSwaItW5FIyb4.99

That's not what we have... There are a lot of things there that are in the latest rev. but this is not a final design IMO. Although, other studio's have said they were given different form factors so we'll see. What we have was said to be very close to the final design and it is not what's in that picture.

If this is shown at the presser I'll retire this SN.

Last edited:
That's not what we have...

does this controller have more or less features than yours?

why would you do something crazy like that

That controller looks to have less but you can't see everything, and like I said the controller has some internal things that make it very interesting.

As regards to saying I'll dump this SN, I just wouldn't want that to be the final model from a player and a developers perspective. No one likes to see that hot girl from college turn into a fat slob.

Last edited:
i actually like the look of it, look beefy and have more weight to it, if there one thing i hate about the DS3 is how it feel...soo damn light, doesn't feel sturdy...and the nub on the stick i like...finger wont be slipping off it.

please tell me they redesign the rear L2/R2 trigger ....i wanna it to be like the PS move trigger

Last edited:
That's not what we have...

does this controller have more or less features than yours?

why would you do something crazy like that

That controller looks to have less but you can't see everything, and like I said the controller has some internal things that make it very interesting.

As regards to saying I'll dump this SN, I just wouldn't want that to be the final model from a player and a developers perspective. No one likes to see that hot girl from college turn into a fat slob.

:lol: It's definitely a chunky little thing.

Looking chunky but I do like what I see. Definitely a big step from the Dualshock3. Move controls, touchpad, biometrics plus more. Just feed it into my veins.

I really hope it has the move's triggers.

@Hybrid, any chance you can say if it has the Vita's dpad? They have been a revelation for fighting games for me. It looks like it but I can't fully tell.

Last edited:
Looks like they moved Select above the right D-pad button and Start above the Square button.

Looking chunky but I do like what I see. Definitely a big step from the Dualshock3. Move controls, touchpad, biometrics plus more. Just feed it into my veins.

I really hope it has the move's triggers.

@Hybrid, any chance you can say if it has the Vita's dpad? They have been a revelation for fighting games for me. It looks like it but I can't fully tell.

Clicky D-pad not soft.

looks like it could be close to the final version. From reddit posted ten days ago

Almost correct. The dpad and face buttons have large round circles surrounding them, rather than the cross shapes shown in this image.

The touch bad is pure black, there are no markings on it. The start/select buttons are actually on either side of the touch pad (separate buttons, not part of the touch pad) in the top left and right corners respectively. Pretty awkward if you ask me.

There is a speaker directly below the touch pad (Wiimote, anyone?). Below this is the Home button. Below this, on the underside, is a headphone/microphone jack.

The controller is wider than a standard dualshock controller and fatter in appearance, especially around the "handles" - for ergonomic reasons, I'm sure.

There is also a white strip along the top of the controller which glows blue/pink to be used with Move.

The thumbsticks are concave, much like the 360 pad, but have a thick, defined ridge around them.

The new PS Move/Eyetoy camera literally looks like a mini-kinect. It has two cameras.

These are all facts. You may downvote me now if you'd rather not believe me. But the 20th will reveal that what I say is true.

It seems like the ps4 will be the best console this next gen. The wii u is failing already and the next xbox is probably gonna be a wii u-like casual console.

I wish they could have gone with a more powerful GPU though.

Remember this console generation is aimed at all those 8-10 year old who got into gaming on the Wii and have become teenagers. Do not think that 20 something male's are Sony's target market. Look at what your younger siblings are into from a social, technological, and attitude perspective to see where this is all headed.

I don't like the sound of this but hearing how powerful Orbis is and knowing the studios they have won't this mean that Sony is pushing to appeal to everyone from the get go, instead of only focusing on kids and families later on in the consoles life when it gets cheap like they're doing with wonderbook on the PS3?

its kind of weird to hear that because you would think that the ps4 would be aimed at us, the people who grew up with ps1, ps2, ps3 and im sure they will aim at us

but the truth is that the original ps1 was aimed that the kids who had played SNES and became teenagers so its part of playstation''s dna

im sure theyll hit everyone on the 20th

im worried about that statement too. i thought the wii was terrible because of what it was going for. it was successful in sales, but in terms of support from gaming industries...well we all know how that ended up in the long run.

id like to buy a ps4 (specifically for kindom hearts 3) but at this point it seems, considering their direction, that i may get more value from a ps3.

Back
Top Bottom