The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I finally got around to playing the demo of Metal Gear Rising:Revengence.

I like the style of play and it's really a hack & slash combo game like DMC and God Of War.

The boss battle though on the demo was kicking my a*s and it took me like 10 tries before I could beat it
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I got the game pre ordered at Gamestop and they are doing a midnight release for it.

I'm still on fence and not sure I want to drop $59.99 on it since God Of War Ascension is due out in like 3 weeks.

Which NT'ers are copping Metal Gear Rising:Revengence tonight or some time soon this week?
Definitely copping today. I got mines pre-ordered at Gamestop as well.

I've been waiting for this game and I hope its good!

I would copp Crysis before Metal Gear. God of War will be my next game though. Gotta cut back on spending :smh:

Last edited:
Updating since I bought a psp go a while back, still the best hardware purchase I have ever made. @ $50 it is an absolute steal and a must buy for any gamer.

Positives:

• An emulator machine, it can play NES, SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo, and some N64 titles.
  • It can play PSX titles
  • It can play PSP titles without carrying the UMDs
  • It has a built in 16gb internal memory --> will turn into 14gb of usable storage but you can add another 8gb for just $10.50 (eBay)
  • It can be used as a portable home console. All you need are: psp go, psp go cradle ($10 @ TRU), psp go composite cable ($10 @ amazon/eBay), & dual shock 3 controller. Yes you can play PSP, PSX, and emulated titles using a DS3 controller. This is great if you do a lot of traveling and can't bring your home console because it is an inconvenience.
  • It is sleek and small enough to be carried in your pocket and discreet enough to not show how much of a gamer you are
  • PSP games are dirt cheap now and as long as you have a PSP 1000/2000/3000, you can rip your old UMDs to play on the Go (pardon the pun)
  • Can be used as a mp3, mp4, or a web browser machine if you must
  • Its dirt cheap @ $50 used from Lamestop (doesn't show on the website, only in-store)

Spoiler contains:

• Where to buy a PSP Go for $50
  • How to modify/hack your PSP Go to run CFW
  • Accessories to make your PSP Go into a portable home console

If you guys are interested in buying a PSP Go:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337533

If you guys are interested in modding/hacking your PSP Go to run custom firmware (CFW) or make it into an emulation machine:
http://www.pspiso.com/forum.php

Accessories to make your PSP Go into a portable home console:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...y-PSP-GO-Multimedia-Phone-Flash-/140916043360
Amazon product ASIN B003TQM01Ohttp://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542
Amazon product ASIN B0015AARJI

Last edited:
I always wanted a go. I think it's one of the best looking portables.

In other news. The Vita is getting a price cut in Japan and is getting a new colour called ice silver which will be bundled with Phantasy Star Online 2.
I'm guessing the price will propagate itself over here soon as well. The silver vita is one nice sexy piece of hardware.

Last edited:
Source: The PS4 Will Be Out This November, And You’ll Be Able To Control It With Your Phone

A reliable Kotaku source has informed us that the PlayStation 4, codenamed Orbis, will be out this November in the United States.

Our source—the same reliable source who back in early 2012 told us the codename for Sony's next console and the codename for Microsoft's next console—tells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

Although nothing is confirmed just yet, as we get closer and closer to the release of Orbis, which Sony is expected to officially announce during an event in New York City tomorrow night, we continue to hear more details about what will ship with the new hardware. Back in January, we learned about the PS4's new controller, which has a small touchpad in the center, and the fancy new user account system that will allow multiple people to log into one console at the same time.

New information revealed by our source suggests that on top of all that, you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine, our source says.

Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

(No word on whether that's related to PlayStation Cloud, domains for which Sony registered on Friday. We couldn't find any domains or trademarks registered for PlayStation World.)

Some other tidbits: our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.

Also via our source, some new photos of a PS4 prototype controller, which match up with other photos that we've seen and verified. One is above(click on link). The other:

URL]

Current photos of the PS4 controller are inconsistent with some of the information we've received. For example, we've seen Orbis documentation that details a "share" button, and Edge magazine corroborated that not long after we reported it, saying that the controller's share button will record gameplay and allow you to share it online.

This controller doesn't seem to have a share button at all, although it's possible that the functionality has been wrapped into the all-purpose PlayStation button, which is a carryover from the PS3's DualShock controller.

Pictures of the prototype controller also match up with what we've reported about the touch pad and LED light, which you can see on the controller's back in the photos we've received.

We've reached out to Sony for comment and will update should they get back to us. Sony is expected to announce their new console tomorrow night at an event in New York City. Kotaku will be there reporting news as it happens.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNGYyKF8ppRFP7RgYDx8y7Vz9Sy88A

Square Enix technical director headed to NYC, Final Fantasy announcement at tomorrow's PS Meeting?

With the PlayStation Meeting happening tomorrow night, one must wonder what games will follow the possible announcement of PlayStation 4. One Square Enix visionary might've just given us a lead.

Yoshihisa Hashimoto, Technical Director for Square Enix, has embarked on a journey from Japan to New York City, where tomorrow evening's PlayStation Meeting is being held. Mr. Hashimoto posted a picture of his flight on Facebook, but deleted it shortly after. The folks over at NeoGaf, were able to track the plane Hashimoto was getting on and verify that it is indeed headed to NYC.

You might remember Square Enix showcasing the "Agni's Philosophy" demo at last year's E3, which created a lot of hype for its new "Luminous Engine." Square also confirmed in an interview at Paris Games Week that a major unveiling of Agni's Philosophy on "different platforms" will be shown "around June of [2013].

Is it possible that Hashimoto is headed to the PlayStation Meeting to show off Agni's Philosophy on PS4? Give us your take in the comments section below and keep your eyes peeled to PlayStation Universe for livestream coverage of the Sony event and news regarding Final Fantasy.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNE7OHkrPuqJ-1f8B0_-WsF4uNkpdQ

I didnt think price would be included in any information tomorrow.

$429 comes with a 160GB or larger, than I'm fine with it. $529 500GB or larger I'd consider it as well.

empire, you plan on buying day 1??

I'm surprised you didn't go nuts on the FF info :lol:

Last edited:
$429 & $529? That is some odd pricing for consoles. I think it will be a lot closer to $400 & $500. It must be the Japanese Yen to USD conversion of what it will cost in Japan for the console. Isn't the Vita getting an imminent price drop in Japan which after USD conversion comes at some weird price around $215 give or take?

For me it comes down to two things: price of the console and the amount of quality games in PS4 library. I just can't spend more than $300-350 for a console anymore. Look @ the 3DS, it took nearly 2 years for the 3DS to start catching on and producing quality titles like NSMB, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Masion 2, Monster Hunter 3, etc. It also took a price drop and a redesign to make it sell like hot cakes. Hopefully basic online is still free or at least still cheap with plenty of games for $50/year. I just hope it comes out before the 720, hopefully those 360 gamers who loved the PS2 era will jump back to the Sony bandwagon which will bring in more support and funding for more games and features. No doubt in my mind, will I pick up in the near future but I will probably wait @ least 2 years for a redesign to fix those hardware issues and for the game library to build up. Look @ the Wii U now, not selling quite as well as it did when the Wii came out. There are just too much competition out in the gaming market now, especially with the advent of mobile/tablet gaming.

Thanks to the guys who were helping me figure out of my ps3 was backwards compatible.

Got NBA street finally and checked it. It works! So happy lol.

I ordered volume 2 and the jerks sent me volume 1 tho. Considering it was a dollar and I wanted it anyway I don't care. But still...

I don't get why they don't make a new version. Its so much fun and online woukd be crazy too but whatever

Back
Top Bottom